Mass Shooting in Texas Church - Initial Reports 27 Dead/24 Injured

At the very least the conversation of adding mental health reviews to certain purchases and deepening background checks need to be had.

Couple of things could have helped to prevent this: Air Force making sure his status is accurately noted and documented and the shops that he purchased guns from ran their background checks. As well as the law regarding preventing people known mental illnesses being prevented from purchasing guns.

23215549_10154955770432541_1996305838187847817_o.jpg

I realize it's somewhat unrelated, but had it not been for the quick thinking of the school janitor, we would have had another bunch of elementary schoolchildren killed in Cali. The guy literally locked eyes with shooter and got shot at after leading all the kids who were in the yard inside the building.

Yet, mofos wanna act like more guns is the answer. The probability of being victim of gun violence when guns are absent is lower than when "good guys with guns" are present.

I realize it's somewhat unrelated, but had it not been for the quick thinking of the school janitor, we would have had another bunch of elementary schoolchildren killed in Cali. The guy literally locked eyes with shooter and got shot at after leading all the kids who were in the yard inside the building.

Yet, mofos wanna act like more guns is the answer. The probability of being victim of gun violence when guns are absent is lower than when "good guys with guns" are present.

More guns IS the answer. Need more good guys that can take bad hombres out.

It's a bit of both.
Good guys being attentive can help a ton in preventing lives from being lost but hiding isn't going to stop a shooter and in that situation a gun can help stop the shooter. But more guns can lead to innocent people who "look" menacing to be shot by "good guys" trying to stop something from happening.

That's my biggest fear when it comes to this "More guns is the answer" thought. If a person thinks somebody is going to do something they are practically emboldened to pull their gun out and take matters in their own hands. I was in QT today and old guy kept eyeing me like he felt threatened.

Now if he thinks that I was about to do something and he either shot me or held me at gunpoint because he thought I was about to do something, what do I do? Just chalk it up as "Well if I WAS about to do something, glad he was there"?

Yeah I don't want a bunch of vigilantes policing the streets :lol:

We have enough of those wearing badges.

More guns IS the answer. Need more good guys that can take bad hombres out.

One "real bad guy" vs many "good guys" who don't know one another, who have not coordinated together, and who will be ready to shoot anyone who is armed that they don't know.

I don't think you thought this through.
It's a bit of both.
Good guys being attentive can help a ton in preventing lives from being lost but hiding isn't going to stop a shooter and in that situation a gun can help stop the shooter. But more guns can lead to innocent people who "look" menacing to be shot by "good guys" trying to stop something from happening.

That's my biggest fear when it comes to this "More guns is the answer" thought. If a person thinks somebody is going to do something they are practically emboldened to pull their gun out and take matters in their own hands. I was in QT today and old guy kept eyeing me like he felt threatened.

Now if he thinks that I was about to do something and he either shot me or held me at gunpoint because he thought I was about to do something, what do I do? Just chalk it up as "Well if I WAS about to do something, glad he was there"?

One thing people forget is the element of surprise. Whoever has it has the advantage from the get go, and as the situation in TX showed, all the good guy with a gun did was limit the damage, not prevent it.

When you think it all through most likely the "winner" is the one who acts first and because of that I'm weary about hoping that the good guys that act first will be right "enough" to outweigh the times they are wrong where they hold innocent people at gunpoint or shoot another good guy out of fear that because he's armed he's another assailant

I'm mean imagine there being two shooters in a tragedy but weeks later that one of the shooters was actually a good guy who tried to stop the actual shooter but was shot by another good guy.

People that think guns should be banned all together must have inhaled air duster cans while in the womb. Buncha skerdy cats. OMG get that pistol in a lock in a case in a bag away from me.

Back
Top Bottom