Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Let's start with the guns. Pretty sure that's the only thing that hasn't changed in the decades of mass murders using guns.

Edit - "start" is the wrong word. Let's end this, by changing the guns.
Change them to what? If you’re worried about something like this happening to you, get a gun, learn how to use it, and carry it around with you. I don’t understand how anyone honestly expects a law to keep them safe from evil, violent people.

Change them to what? If you’re worried about something like this happening to you, get a gun, learn how to use it, and carry it around with you. I don’t understand how anyone honestly expects a law to keep them safe from evil, violent people.

I’m a gun owner and this is a bad take. Owning one couldn’t have saved those employees.

i moved september 1 to the other side of chesapeake…

but that was my local walmart for the past 5 years…i went to that cfa in the parking lot multiple times a week…went to that walmart multiple times a month until i moved recently…

this way too close to home man…

rip to the deceased…this is very sad

that is exactly the reasoning why nothing has change with gun violence. treating guns as if it were a commodity.

I mean, what's the point of having laws then?
Are you arguing his comment?

Kind of silly being that people get robbed, raped, murdered on a daily basis.

Not saying we should be lawless, but most dangerous violent individuals have ni regards for laws.

I think we need to stop saying "Americans" and start saying Republicans.

A good percentage of Americans are for strict gun laws. Democrats have been bringing the issue to the table for decades. It's the Republicans who get funding by the NRA who don't want to budge.

As an American, I don't want to be associated with that part of America who think guns aren't an issue.

What people don't get is that you can still buy shoes, play basketball, play video games, listen to music, beat your **** and do all of the others things you love to do in the same America without guns (or THIS many guns).

what tangible actions, if taken, would most decrease YOUR chances of getting shot up in a supermarket/on a train/at a hospital/during a sporting event?

getting rid of some guns is a good idea in a country with a (actually, countably, seriously) a hundred million more privately owned guns than citizens but I know I wouldn't want to be in the door-to-door collection department so...what?

As long as gun manufacturers are making guns, people will have access to them. Police officers can snap. Members of the military can snap. All are armed to protect.

We live in a country where several drugs are illegal and yet easily accessible. There’s no difference with guns. As long as they are being made, and they are affordable, people will have access to them.

This doesn’t even begin to address the possibilities with 3D printers. Prohibition didn’t end access to liquor. The war on drugs didn’t end access to drugs. And strict gun laws won’t end mass shootings or mass killings.

It is an unfortunate reality. A serious focus on mental health, lack of education, lack of resources, etc. and a lot of time is probably the best way to prevent these acts.

Every time something like this happens some people find comfort in saying stricter gun laws could have prevented it. Some people find comfort saying thoughts and prayers. At the end of the day, a law probably wouldn’t be able to prevent someone set on killing from doing so. Murder is illegal after all.

Christ man, RIP to all these people.

3 mass shootings in the past 2 weeks. When is the last time Canada had 3 mass shootings? Wonder what the difference is...

As long as gun manufacturers are making guns, people will have access to them. Police officers can snap. Members of the military can snap. All are armed to protect.

We live in a country where several drugs are illegal and yet easily accessible. There’s no difference with guns. As long as they are being made, and they are affordable, people will have access to them.

This doesn’t even begin to address the possibilities with 3D printers. Prohibition didn’t end access to liquor. The war on drugs didn’t end access to drugs. And strict gun laws won’t end mass shootings or mass killings.

It is an unfortunate reality. A serious focus on mental health, lack of education, lack of resources, etc. and a lot of time is probably the best way to prevent these acts.

Every time something like this happens some people find comfort in saying stricter gun laws could have prevented it. Some people find comfort saying thoughts and prayers. At the end of the day, a law probably wouldn’t be able to prevent someone set on killing from doing so. Murder is illegal after all.
so u can either say something is going to happen simply because someone says they will do it there will be nothing in their way to stop them

but the side u don't see is putting roadblocks can help prevent most of these situations.

example, everyone wakes up and says they wanna be a millionaire but there are many hurdles and hoops to jump thru to reach that level whether it be legal or illegal methods of obtaining money

yet someone says they wanna commit murder can easily reach that goal via illegal or legal methods of gaining weapons
which is kinda mind boggling tbh

but i don't know what insecurities people, not u specifically, have with making it difficult to obtain weapons or do something besides saying it is what it is

so u can either say something is going to happen simply because someone says they will do it there will be nothing in their way to stop them

but the side u don't see is putting roadblocks can help prevent most of these situations.

example, everyone wakes up and says they wanna be a millionaire but there are many hurdles and hoops to jump thru to reach that level whether it be legal or illegal methods of obtaining money

yet someone says they wanna commit murder can easily reach that goal via illegal or legal methods of gaining weapons
which is kinda mind boggling tbh

but i don't know what insecurities people, not u specifically, have with making it difficult to obtain weapons or do something besides saying it is what it is

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making it as difficult as possible. I don’t own a gun; I never have. I think they tend to make situations worse, especially where I’m from.

I also realize that aside from a crazy increase in price for guns, most Americans that are set on a mass shooting/suicide can go buy one off the street. Just like crack. And the dealers could care less about regulations.

My fear is that regulation would disproportionately impact people that look like me. And will create another avenue to racially profile. I think people prefer the gun debate and demonizing the other side more than accepting a harsh reality that bad things happen that we can’t always control.

Back
Top Bottom