Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Someone is being raped as I type this. Some pedo is getting his rocks off.... it's a cold world

And there is a TON of legislation that greatly reduces the amount of predatory behavior occurring.

Imagine saying "nah we don't need a sex offender registry, we just gotta get these pedos to change their hearts and minds."

:sick::sick::sick:

And there is a TON of legislation that greatly reduces the amount of predatory behavior occurring.

Imagine saying "nah we don't need a sex offender registry, we just gotta get these pedos to change their hearts and minds."

:sick::sick::sick:
So you agree that this will happen either way. Thx

Let's not ban law abiding citizens from gun ownership then. That opens the doors to a slewwww of other problems that we may actually be able to prevent

A LOT more can go wrong with a car rampage or a bomb though. Guns are much more efficient and dependable. Hence why they're the overwhelming choice for these crazies.

Give me a chance to survive a mass stabbing or car rampage over a dude with an AR-15 and I'll take it 10/10 times.

You can't be serious

So you agree that this will happen either way. Thx

I literally said it will. Do you not read? Jesus Christ. :lol:

My point has always been to cast a wider net via legislation and policy reduce the likelihood. Or at least attempt to. Action > inaction.

I never said it would be a magic wand.

A bomb not being as reliable for causing death as a gun.

I said more can go wrong. Like in the construction/planning phase. Maybe I should have been more specific.

Like the Columbine shooters entire goal was to blow the school up, which is why they built pipe bombs. But surprise, surprise they f***d it up. They didn't have the mental capacities to follow their little anarchist cookbook. So they had to resort to plan B, which was much more their speed. Shooting people.

I said more can go wrong. Like in the construction/planning phase. Maybe I should have been more specific.

Like the Columbine shooters entire goal was to blow the school up, which is why they built pipe bombs. But surprise, surprise they f***d it up. They didn't have the mental capacities to follow their little anarchist cookbook. So they had to resort to plan B, which was much more their speed. Shooting people.

I'd preferred the OKC Bomber had tried to shoot people.

Was I wrong about there never being more guns in America than at the time you are reading this and simultaneously less gun violence.... or something else?

Because.... that's a fact.
What are you even arguing now?

Gonna keep this as basic as possible for you

. You argued the US does not opperate in a reactionary manner

.ive given you two instances in which the US has acted in a reactionary manner

. The argument that the US does not opperate under a reactionary manner now is null and void

. You’re now throwing out counter arguments that don’t even go with your original argument

. Your solution is that there is no immediate solution thus one should not even be attempted at the legal level

Shall I dumb it down further for you?

Well I'm glad the Boston bombers didn't have AR-15's in crowded Boston on Patriots Day instead of bombs. More people would have died.

It works both ways :wink:

Given how many police are at that marathon it probably wouldn't have worked out like that.

Most mass shooters pick soft targets for a reason.

Given how many police are at that marathon it probably wouldn't have worked out like that.

Spoken like someone who's never been to the city on that day. There's millions of people scattered throughout. Thousands on Boylston St. alone. Two dudes with semis are killing dozens before they're killed.

But I digress. The point went over your head.

It takes more tact to build a bomb. These sad whiteboys are gonna f**k it up much quicker than they would pulling a trigger.

If they get it right, then yeah bad news and potentially massive casualty toll.

Spoken like someone who's never been to the city on that day. There's millions of people scattered throughout. Thousands on Boylston St. alone. Two dudes with semis are killing dozens before they're killed.

But I digress. The point went over your head.

It takes more tact to build a bomb. These sad whiteboys are gonna f**k it up much quicker than they would pulling a trigger.

If they get it right, then yeah bad news and potentially massive casualty toll.

Them dudes in Boston didn't want to die. They had guns.

You aren't shooting people in that environment and making it out unscathed.

Two dudes with semi auto rifles are getting no where near the place where the bombs went off. By the time that they unsheathed their rifles from whatever transport bag they'd need to use they'd have been shot dead

No use wasting time on hypotheticals

What we all can now agree on is these things will happen whether there is a ban instituted or not. Once you come to that conclusion I'm not sure how you are still arguing we need to disarm the public.

What we all can now agree on is these things will happen whether there is a ban instituted or not. Once you come to that conclusion I'm not sure how you are still arguing we need to disarm the public.

So let's not go to the extreme and use "disarm the public" as the only option. More restrictions on access to certain weapons and accessories may not completely get rid of these events but wouldn't they reduce them?

Similar to speed limits don't stop people from speeding but does reduce the number of people who would speed

They will happen but some will be deterred or thwarted with a wider net consisting of legislation.

Which is the entire point.

Just like a sex offender LoJack/GPS might catch them near a playground before they abduct a child, but sex offenders who don't have a LoJack/GPS won't be caught.

The one offender being thwarted makes it worth it.

They will happen but some will be deterred or thwarted with a wider net consisting of legislation.

Which is the entire point.

Just like a sex offender LoJack/GPS might catch them near a playground before they abduct a child, but sex offenders who don't have a LoJack/GPS won't be caught.

The one offender being thwarted makes it worth it.
I can respect this opinion

So let's not go to the extreme and use "disarm the public" as the only option. More restrictions on access to certain weapons and accessories may not completely get rid of these events but wouldn't they reduce them?

Similar to speed limits don't stop people from speeding but does reduce the number of people who would speed
This is where it gets tricky for me....

How long until every highway is 35mph s0eed limit seeing as 90% of fatal car accidents occur at speeds beyond that

And then after that how long until it's illegal for humans to drive because the Automated cars are distracted 0% of the time and thus safer

There is an inherit risk in just being alive we can minimize those risks but to what end?

70% of people convicted of weapons charged are Black or Brown with 50% being Black.

If massive gun laws get passed they aren't coming to get rural or white people's guns and the NRA is in bed with every major law enforcement agency in America.

You already have rural Sheriff's departments publically stating they won't enforce federal gun legislation but I can guarantee where they will.

The stats say places were we live have the most gun violence so they already have their excuse.

It is very naive and outright dangerous to be a person of color and be in favor of gun reforms with the current state of law enforcement in this country

It's not like we dont have a template for how this is going to play out.

Back
Top Bottom