Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Easy to say “I’m numb to it” when it doesn’t effect you. Don’t wish it on anyone either. Just saying

That's what being numb to it means.

That's the scary part.

And no I dont wish that pain on anyone.

But what am I supposed to do?

Send out thoughts and prayers through text.

**** is not changing.

This is the new America.

Bath in it or move on.

We are past the point of changing things.

Easy to say “I’m numb to it” when it doesn’t effect you. Don’t wish it on anyone either. Just saying

I don’t know anyone personally that was effected by any shootings, but I can say that if I ever have children, I’m 95% sure they are being home schooled. I can’t imagine being a parent and sending your kids to school in this day and age.

That's what being numb to it means.

That's the scary part.

And no I dont wish that pain on anyone.

But what am I supposed to do?

Send out thoughts and prayers through text.

**** is not changing.

This is the new America.

Bath in it or move on.

We are past the point of changing things.
Not the point. You’re not “numb” to it. You’re just not a part of it and haven’t been yet. It’s like a person from NY saying they’re numb to tornados or a rich kids saying they’re numb to poverty.

I don’t mean this as disrespect either

people won't demand action, initiate change, protest, or react and defend against something UNTIL THEY are affected in a major way or when there is a major negative effect on their money or life.

Not the point. You’re not “numb” to it. You’re just not a part of it and haven’t been yet. It’s like a person from NY saying they’re numb to tornados or a rich kids saying they’re numb to poverty.

I don’t mean this as disrespect either

Maybe a better word is desensitized.

You realize they're synonyms, right?
Ahh no. Also synonym does not mean has the exact same definition or implications. Big and gargantuan are synonyms but aren’t interchangeable in all context. That’s grade school dude cmon. We can move on now

Ahh no. Also synonym does not mean has the exact same definition or implications. Big and gargantuan are synonyms but aren’t interchangeable in all context. That’s grade school dude cmon. We can move on now

You aren't intelligent enough to be as argumentative as you are. You argue just to argue making yourself look worse.

You're arguing your opinion, not what words actually mean and don't seem to know the difference.

I have a friend who's a 3rd grade teacher and he occasionally has to have discussions with his students when they become curious about these shootings and ask him "what should be do when this happens"

9 year old kids. Crazy.

I have a friend who's a 3rd grade teacher and he occasionally has to have discussions with his students when they become curious about these shootings and ask him "what should be do when this happens"

9 year old kids. Crazy.
This just shouldn't be reality smh

theyre giving the first cop to respond to stoneman douglas up to 100 years cuz he didnt run into the school by himself to help..... wtf. our justice system is soooooo messed up. he was scared, he lied about it.... 100 years? cops murdering the innocent dont even get 30.

theyre giving the first cop to respond to stoneman douglas up to 100 years cuz he didnt run into the school by himself to help..... wtf. our justice system is soooooo messed up. he was scared, he lied about it.... 100 years? cops murdering the innocent dont even get 30.
They don’t even lose their job

They don’t even lose their job
huge facts. and because i have SO much experience with BSO this stinks even more. i never liked how stoneman douglas became the face of school shootings. never did. now theyre trying to sacrifice someone to seem like something is being done but this isnt right. they basically saying cuz he wasn't willing to sacrifice himself

(and i mean REALLY do it. plenty of people say they willing to die for others or sacrifice or whatever, but when you standing outside a building with those loud *** screams, huge booms that you can actually feel in the air hitting you in your chest...you reevaluate how ready to die you are)

then hes guilty?!? foh. bso is the same office who got in trouble for their officers using black mugshots for target practice in shooting ranges. the same ones arresting at twice the rate for minorities than white citizens for the same exact crimes. the chief in power during this timeframe has like 9 pending molestation/rape by guards cases that happened right under his nose. my own aunt and uncle worked in BSO, sued for such and such about racist practices AND WON. **** BSO and this crap theyre pulling

2 More Deputies Fired in Wake of Parkland Investigation

02-14-2019_Parkland_Rememberance_C

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/n...ies-fired-as-result-of-parkland-investigation

PARKLAND, Fla. — Two more deputies who were at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on the day of the mass shooting last year have been fired, Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony said Wednesday.
  • 4 deputies fired so far in wake of Parkland shooting
  • Edward Eason and Josh Sanbul the latest to be fired
The deputies were terminated for neglect of duty, Tony said during a news conference.

The firings came as a result of an internal affairs investigation into the law enforcement response to the shooting, which left 17 people dead at the high school in Parkland, Florida on February 14, 2018.

Of the seven officers who were part of the inquest, four have been terminated or, in the case of school resource officer Scot Peterson, arrested.

Tony said Edward Eason and Josh Sanbul, along with Peterson and Sgt. Brian Miller, were fired as a result of the findings. No disciplinary action was taken against three other deputies who had been under investigation.

huge facts. and because i have SO much experience with BSO this stinks even more. i never liked how stoneman douglas became the face of school shootings. never did. now theyre trying to sacrifice someone to seem like something is being done but this isnt right. they basically saying cuz he wasn't willing to sacrifice himself

(and i mean REALLY do it. plenty of people say they willing to die for others or sacrifice or whatever, but when you standing outside a building with those loud *** screams, huge booms that you can actually feel in the air hitting you in your chest...you reevaluate how ready to die you are)

then hes guilty?!? foh. bso is the same office who got in trouble for their officers using black mugshots for target practice in shooting ranges. the same ones arresting at twice the rate for minorities than white citizens for the same exact crimes. the chief in power during this timeframe has like 9 pending molestation/rape by guards cases that happened right under his nose. my own aunt and uncle worked in BSO, sued for such and such about racist practices AND WON. **** BSO and this crap theyre pulling

AMEN! Broward sheriff’s office always been SCUMMY.

F**** them

Back
Top Bottom