Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Trump removes ALL sanctions on North Korea because he “likes” Kim Jung.

“But the US isn’t reactionary”

:rofl:

That's really sad. Pretty girl. That's some heavy stuff to go through at any age, especially a teenager. RIP.

Another possible suicide.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ice-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7d2b13603370

A student from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School died in an “apparent suicide” on Saturday night, Coral Springs, Fla., police said, just a week after a 19-year-old survivor of the 2018 mass shooting at the school took her own life.

The student’s name and age were not released, and Officer Tyler Reik told The Post that the death is under investigation. Reik could not confirm the student’s gender or age and did not provide the cause of death.

They will happen but some will be deterred or thwarted with a wider net consisting of legislation.

Which is the entire point.

Just like a sex offender LoJack/GPS might catch them near a playground before they abduct a child, but sex offenders who don't have a LoJack/GPS won't be caught.

The one offender being thwarted makes it worth it.

sex offender lowjack only targets sex offenders.... not every adult who owns a car and passes by a playground. and thats the difference. this argument has been made countless times.

So let's not go to the extreme and use "disarm the public" as the only option. More restrictions on access to certain weapons and accessories may not completely get rid of these events but wouldn't they reduce them?

Similar to speed limits don't stop people from speeding but does reduce the number of people who would speed

nailed it. disarming the public is stupid and wont work. and thats the solution you guys constantly push in here. thats what NZ just did as well. however. NZ doesnt have an issue/obsession with gun crime like we do. look at the black lady who got assaulted outside her car the other night. dude pulled his gun out just to punch her. we have a gun problem in the us but its not the fact that guns exist... its the way certain evil/criminal people see them as a ways to an end.

jewsee is arguing you need to fix the mentality of the criminal, instead of trying to legislate away crime. and hes right. getback is saying what so many people are saying "but we have to do SOMETHING!" you need to meet in the middle, and it does exist.

"And while she reportedly never asked for help, she struggled to attend college classes because she was scared of being in a classroom."

and here we have the leading cause of deaths among young people AND the leading cause of death by firearm. suicide. this is one reason i lean towards "fix the mentality and the rest will follow."

btw some of yall are weird to bring up the chick looking good. as if it adds to why its a shame she killed itself.

2 days later another one commits suicide. copycat. notch #2 under fix the mentality. whoever person #2 is saw the damage from the first one and said "sounds good to me" and did it too. smh. there is a sickness among the american people, and youth are especially susceptible.

Last edited:
Untitled.PNG

sex offender lowjack only targets sex offenders.... not every adult who owns a car and passes by a playground. and thats the difference. this argument has been made countless times.

I understand how GPS works within the justice system. There's a 24/7 tracking facility right near me.

The point is that more legislation increases the odds that someone will slip up along the way and be swept up with a wider net. Even if the increase in those odds are small.

Red Flag Laws, stronger background checks...I don't know. I don't have the answers as far as which laws could be enacted.

Action > Inaction

Last edited:

suicide happens SO often im utterly desensitized to feeling grief over random people 100s or 1000s of miles away who take their own lives. it is what it is. i wish it wouldnt happen but im not gonna send thoughts and prayers over it. being pragmatic, there is a sickness leading to things like this and it needs to be sought out and erased so these kinds of tragedies happen less often.

or are u shocked i said what it is and said that victim #2 saw victim #1 and the damage it did, and still decided to copy? cuz thats exactly what happened. again, it is what it is. imo its pretty damn selfish.

The point is that more legislation increases the odds that someone will slip up along the way and be swept up with a wider net. Even if the increase in those odds are small.

Red Flag Laws, stronger background checks...I don't know. I don't have the answers as far as which laws could be enacted.

Action > Inaction
"getback is saying what so many people are saying "but we have to do SOMETHING!""
u have a lot of faith in legislation. i dont. youre saying to take the chance because it MIGHT help. i look at it like, youre definitely penalizing an entire population to have a chance at something that MIGHT help slightly. but at the same time theres also a good possibility to create a new problem in its wake which is crime goes up since nobody is armed except criminals and police.

i think making the RIGHT move first, is better than making ANY move just to say u did something. this is chess. we have to solve a very difficult, recent, and not well studied problem that is getting worse and worse. gotta move correct

suicide happens SO often im utterly desensitized to feeling grief over random people 100s or 1000s of miles away who take their own lives. it is what it is. i wish it wouldnt happen but im not gonna send thoughts and prayers over it. being pragmatic, there is a sickness leading to things like this and it needs to be sought out and erased so these kinds of tragedies happen less often.

or are u shocked i said what it is and said that victim #2 saw victim #1 and the damage it did, and still decided to copy? cuz thats exactly what happened. again, it is what it is. imo its pretty damn selfish.

"getback is saying what so many people are saying "but we have to do SOMETHING!""
u have a lot of faith in legislation. i dont. youre saying to take the chance because it MIGHT help. i look at it like, youre definitely penalizing an entire population to have a chance at something that MIGHT help slightly. but at the same time theres also a good possibility to create a new problem in its wake which is crime goes up since nobody is armed except criminals and police.

i think making the RIGHT move first, is better than making ANY move just to say u did something. this is chess. we have to solve a very difficult, recent, and not well studied problem that is getting worse and worse. gotta move correct
Yo this is 100% the dumbest thing I’ve read on NT.

Reply to me if you want but you won’t get a response

Go make your gun appreciation thread

Where in my post do I advocate disarming people?

I've never said blindly throw sh*t at the wall either. It's obviously a complex phenomenon that needs to be addressed meticulously.

Yo this is 100% the dumbest thing I’ve read on NT.

Reply to me if you want but you won’t get a response

Go make your gun appreciation thread

but i wasnt talking to you to begin with unless u got a burner account or something lol. and what is dumb? that i didnt send thoughts and prayers, called out the copycat suiciders, or that i rather make the correct move first instead of any move at the expense of 100 million people? which part of that sounded dumb? then again... u wont reply which is probably for everyones benefit.

Where in my post do I advocate disarming people?

I've never said blindly throw sh*t at the wall either. It's obviously a complex phenomenon that needs to be addressed meticulously.
complex phenomenon is definitely right. and uve definitely advocated for bans countless times. not only that but maybe i misunderstood u when u said

"They will happen but some will be deterred or thwarted with a wider net consisting of legislation."
in a direct response to
"What we all can now agree on is these things will happen whether there is a ban instituted or not. Once you come to that conclusion I'm not sure how you are still arguing we need to disarm the public."

that sounds like ur saying a ban will deter or thwart some would-be shooters altho theyll still happen. and when u say "action > inaction" thats a pretty broad absolute catchall so maybe i just took ur words too seriously. my bad.

on topic tho... i find it crazy no meaningful legislation outside of bumpstocks has been passed. nothing on ammunition hoarding, nothing on reclassifying weapons, nothing on loopholes that changing a grip or stock will give you. no harsher punishment on crimes involving guns, and the laws about keeping unfit citizens away from guns actually got worse. yikes.

complex phenomenon is definitely right. and uve definitely advocated for bans countless times. not only that but maybe i misunderstood u when u said
"They will happen but some will be deterred or thwarted with a wider net consisting of legislation."
in a direct response to
"What we all can now agree on is these things will happen whether there is a ban instituted or not. Once you come to that conclusion I'm not sure how you are still arguing we need to disarm the public."

that sounds like ur saying a ban will deter or thwart some would-be shooters altho theyll still happen. and when u say "action > inaction" thats a pretty broad absolute catchall so maybe i just took ur words too seriously. my bad.

In a perfect world I'd want zero guns, but I know that's not reasonable for various reason. Humans (or at least Americans) don't deserve them. Or at least that's what we've demonstrated for the past several decades.

By legislation as it pertains to this thread, I'm referring to legislation that would be proactive in disrupting these mass shootings. Put the 4chan dudes who laughed at the NZ shooting video on blast. Same with the youtube commenters, people who make threatening posts on FB and IG. ID them and never allow them to own a gun, ever. And put them on a watch list.

In a perfect world I'd want zero guns, but I know that's not reasonable for various reason. Humans (or at least Americans) don't deserve them. Or at least that's what we've demonstrated for the past several decades.

By legislation as it pertains to this thread, I'm referring to legislation that would be proactive in disrupting these mass shootings. Put the 4chan dudes who laughed at the NZ shooting video on blast. Same with the youtube commenters, people who make threatening posts on FB and IG. ID them and never allow them to own a gun, ever. And put them on a watch list.

ALL OF THAT is true. society wants to be accepting of everyone under all circumstances just to be PC nowadays, and takes everything as a joke. if your 5 year old is drawing people dying in school? nah. blacklist him and get him therapy immediately. the parents will instead just bury it and say hes just being a kid. all those trolls online talking about how theyre going to do so and so... blacklist em. getting onto that list shouldnt take being convicted of a crime first. every time theres a shooting u hear "well....there were some signs... he did have a swastika tatted on his forhead, a stockpile of ammunition out of nowhere, and frequently mutilated animals as a child." type of stuff smfh

then u have the idiot kids of today. visited my nephew here in GA 2 days ago. told me a kid just got caught with a gun at his school. kid said he brought it to show his friends. BRO. for the past 2 or 3 years kids have been getting in all kinds of trouble, all over the news and everywhere else. HOW ARE KIDS STILL THINKING ITS A GOOD IDEA TO BRING A GUN TO SCHOOL?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I dont understand how kids (aged 15-18 btw so u dont get it miscontrued, hes a highschooler) think this will end up going smoothly. And for what? to show your friends like "look.... i got a gun. hehehehe"

something is WRONG with these young people man. they also just found a random gun on a school bus for middle schoolers here a week ago. i say run the serial number and whoever owns it is facing repercussions. same for the parents of the kid who brought the gun. SERIOUS SERIOUS punishment for negligence of this magnitude need to be put in place.

After the Chistchurch shooting, New Zealand moves to ban assault weapons, while the US is promoting plans to arm school teachers instead. Al-Jazeera exposes NRA’s “playbook” on media responses after mass shootings.

Man wtf?! These people want to talk about mental health issues for shooters and not do anything about that either, how about mental health help for victims? :stoneface: at everyone here.

RIP to Sydney. |l
It should be automatic death penalty on the federal level for anyone that does a mass shooting no matter the reason. Also if people want to reduce gun violence they need to make crimes involving guns severe. Like you use a gun in any type of crime its an automatic 20 years just to start out. Feds should pickup all gun cases as well. If we can throw non violent coke dealers in prison for life why not violent criminals?

Back
Top Bottom