Matrix 4 Out Now

A fourth Matrix movie is happening and bringing most of the team back together. According to Variety, Warner Bros. has confirmed that Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss are set to reprise their roles as Neo and Trinity, while Lana Wachowski will write and direct the film.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering the Matrix with Lana,” Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich says in a statement. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

The Matrix was created by Lana and her sister Lilly Wachowski, with the first film hitting theaters 20 years ago in 1999. It quickly became a cultural touchstone and spawned two sequels, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions (both written and directed by the Wachowskis), as well as spinoffs like The Animatrix.

"Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said in a statement.

n addition to Wachowski, The Matrix 4 will also be written by Aleksander Hemon and David Mitchell, and produced by Grant Hill. Lilly Wachowski is notably absent from the Matrix 4 creative team.

UPDATE: The Matrix trilogy conceptual designer Geof Darrow confirmed on Twitter that he will be working on The Matrix 4, adding that "most of the original cast" is returning. Steve Skroce is also slated to reprise his role as storyboard artist.

GOD is good.

I hope they minimize the CGI use like in Matrix 1. Take it back to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style.

Unfortunately, I will watch. But it's been down hill after the og Matrix film (my favorite movie) and I don't have high hopes for whatever script the glue together.

Thought Trinity took that permanent L in 3 though? Regardless of when this is supposed to take place, I'm ready for it

hopefully it’s not kooky. that’s what turned me off of sense8.

the trilogy was great. the whole key master/twins/freeway scene in matrix reloaded was so damn good.

Reactions: ARK
First one is in my top 10 favorite films, 2nd was cool, and the 3rd was highly disappointing. I’ll catch this in the theaters but I have no idea what story they think they can come up that’s good and interesting. They were already losing steam by the end of the 2nd one and 3rd one was a mess. As far as most of the original cast coming back, I can imagine most people only care about Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Agent Smith, and maybe the Oracle (who can’t be played by the original).

Don’t see what this could possibly be about.. Maybe they return to the surface world.. only to find out it is another Matrix they’re trapped in

Ima day this is only happening because of Keanu and his success as JW....I’m here for it tho.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom