Matt Ryan > Jamarcus Russell ???

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Quinn > Ryan > Russell...

WHAT THE HELL
roll.gif

I'd still like to know where Russell's draft stock woulda gone had he not had the oppurtunity to face Mike Richardson, Tommy Z, Ambrose Wooden, etc inhis final game

Matt Ryan and the BC staff have effectively pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.
This guy is not as good as advertised.
His one read/dump it to a back QBin style will shine thru in the NFL.

and I dont see this "pinpoint accuracy"
and I damn sho aint buyin this "we told him take more chances because our WRs arent as good"
If anything he would do the opposite since his backs vs LBs since that was a huge mismatch.
what that was is "spin doctoring" by the BC coaching staff.

revisit his games vs opponents who are going to send defensive players to the NFL, not the Dukes, UNCs or NCStates or UVA.
Ryan vs FSU, Va Tech (twice), Maryland and even to a degree Wake, wasnot a stand out QB. WHen he played against the best, he didnt play the best.

If Im wrong, Im wrong but his performances were boosted by the ACC also rans, and his RB out the backfield swing and screen passes.

^ Matt Ryan straight up has moxy Gunna...That first game against VaTech he played like puke, but pulled it all together on the final drive and capped it offwith a great throw across his body perfecty placed (A huge qb no no and he would've dropped that into a bucket). If you watch that final drive, you'llsee exactly what scouts and the Matt Ryan believers see. His footwork was impeccable and his decision making was second to none. That's when I reallystarted liking what Matt Ryan could do. You may have an argument that Matt Ryan didnt perform too well against top ACC teams, but again, there is know way Isee BC having anything close to the talent that the upper echelon teams in the ACC teams have.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ Matt Ryan straight up has moxy Gunna...That first game against VaTech he played like puke, but pulled it all together on the final drive and capped it off with a great throw across his body perfecty placed (A huge qb no no and he would've dropped that into a bucket). If you watch that final drive, you'll see exactly what scouts and the Matt Ryan believers see. His footwork was impeccable and his decision making was second to none. That's when I really started liking what Matt Ryan could do. You may have an argument that Matt Ryan didnt perform too well against top ACC teams, but again, there is know way I see BC having anything close to the talent that the upper echelon teams in the ACC teams have.
That is what I see when I watch him play at least. If he had recievers who could get open consistently I would have an issue with him dumping to a backso often but I dont have a problem with that given the circumstances. And BC ran a pro style offense dude knows what he is doing IMO.

Dude is a gunslinger and I respect that
pimp.gif

Russell was not good in college, he played maybe 2-3 good games in his CAREER. Stats this, potential that, if you actually watched these two play in college,there is no way you can conclude that Russell is gonna be a better pro. This guy had NFL talent all over the place on his team and still wasn't great forthe most part. Ryan was playing with below average D1 talent and leading his team to wins. Have fun with Russell Raider fans, let me know how it turns out in 3years when you need to draft a new QB.

QB in the NFL is not about having a rocket arm or any other "measurables"...it's about being a leader, winning games, and dealing with theimmense amount of pressure placed squarely on your shoulders all the time. The Raiders are also such a great organization at evaluating talent
eyes.gif
Theysure have hit some home runs lately in the draft....

There is no doubt that Russell is the better prospect as far as where they should be drafted.

I just feel that Matt Ryan will make more of an impact.(A little more)

Back
Top Bottom