Mature NT'ers Enter Vol. Is it possible to be friends with an ex?

Originally Posted by Oprah Winfrey

I'm not trying to "smash" my ex, she caught the skeevies and I wouldn't do that to my pee pee.
OH NO!!!!..
eek.gif
, how the hell did she break the news?!?...yeah,yall are strictly friends now....

Just got done chatting with her again, she said she drove past my house tonight for no reason, which sounded kind of weird to me
laugh.gif

Got me confused as a muh right now

Originally Posted by kix4kix

WOMEN AND MEN CAN't BE FRIENDS PERIOD UNLESS
1. Dude is Gay
2. Girl is Gay
3. Girl is ugly, fat, ect....
QFT, IMO it is useless to be friends with an ex. Yeah there is history but that makes people reminisce and leads to curiosity, which leads totrouble.
OP just remain friendly but do not actually become a friend.

Originally Posted by pip777

I put it in her butt, it was a pretty serious relationship.
As for the topic: I believe that you can be friends with a ex. Me and my girl broke up for about a month last year. We talked as friends, but we still had deep feelings for each other and ended up getting back together.
your anecdote does not prove anything. it has zero relevance to the topic at hand.

my answer:
probably not. it's too complicated. how can you ever completely vacate your feelings for that person like that.

Just got done chatting with her again, she said she drove past my house tonight for no reason, which sounded kind of weird to me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif
guilty of doing this......

smh.gif

prolly was checkin for an extra car parked outside

Na, she knows I'm not seeing anyone which is why it was even weirder. Hopefully she starts speaking up about her actions because I'm getting to old forthis childish nonsense
laugh.gif

i've been pondering this question for the last week. my girlfriend of two years decided to dump me because she's sick of living the double life (hermom didn't know about us the whole 2 years) and apparently it took a toll on her. so it just ended like that, now i don't know what the hell to do. ijust deleted her off facebook and everything out of rage. i don't know if it was the right move

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i've been pondering this question for the last week. my girlfriend of two years decided to dump me because she's sick of living the double life (her mom didn't know about us the whole 2 years) and apparently it took a toll on her. so it just ended like that, now i don't know what the hell to do. i just deleted her off facebook and everything out of rage. i don't know if it was the right move
burning bridges is never good unless there is a psycho on the other end.

laugh.gif

Got me confused as a muh right now

sounds like she still has feelings for u.
nerd.gif
ur move

GregOden

If I were in your position there is no way in hell I could be friends with her. My situation is a bit different though because 1: I did the dumping and 2:It's been 3 years, where as you literally just got dumped. I feel for you, hopefully you can remain level headed. I've seen breakups ruin some of myclosest friends
smh.gif

GregOden

If I were in your position there is no way in hell I could be friends with her. My situation is a bit different though because 1: I did the dumping and 2: It's been 3 years, where as you literally just got dumped. I feel for you, hopefully you can remain level headed. I've seen breakups ruin some of my closest friends
smh.gif
confidence inspiring
laugh.gif

Well, its just too soon. Maybe down the road they can become friends, but I'm sure right now he's feeling a great deal of animosity towards her. I knowI would, seems like a petty reason to end such a long relationship.

thanks fellas.

she went away on a trip for a month and when she came back it was like as if she got a revelation. ultimately she wanted to patch things up with her mother,but she made a quick decision to dump me on the curb. I took a major, major L for that one. she still managed to tell me she loves me, which sucks, but thatwas the last time i tried talking to her.

talk about no closure and feeling abandoned. i'm still seething (n)

Tyra Banks' show today is about exs.

Not that I expect y'all guys to watch Tyra but I'm just saying.

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

Yes, me and mine are bff'cool Just depends on how it ended...

We have a very amicable split with no hard feelings...can't fake we argue more now than we did...but it's all in fun

We care about eachothers well-being and as long as the boundaries are set and we are mature about it we will always be friends

Originally Posted by Retro23J

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif
guilty of doing this......

smh.gif

prolly was checkin for an extra car parked outside

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jessieGRAS

Tyra Banks' show today is about exs.

Not that I expect y'all guys to watch Tyra but I'm just saying.

Dudes is real considerate in here...

roll.gif
roll.gif

my abnormal psych professor [she owns a private practice counseling] just mentioned a situation like this and stated that it is not convenient for the two tobe friends until both parties are equally free of romantic feelings toward each other because the lines get blurred and feelings get hurt and could lead todepression in individuals with a family history or personal history of depression.

Back
Top Bottom