Mavs-Wiz Trade -Butler, Haywood, and Stevenson for Gooden, Howard, Ross and Singleton

I don't know what you guys are smoking on...I really think the mavs can make a run for our money..I expect to them to put up a fight for the number one spot in the west

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I see no improvement happening for the Mavs while The Wizards are even worse off now.
not sure if serious....

Haywood>>>>>>>>>Dampier

Butler>>>Howard

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I don't know what you guys are smoking on...I really think the mavs can make a run for our money..I expect to them to put up a fight for the number one spot in the west
Nah, they still ain't seeing the Lakeshow. They are 8 games back, but I do think this puts them right there beside Denver.

Definitely an improvement for the Mavs. Got some toughness which they sorely lacked. Do they have enough to beat the Lakers in the West, probably not...? Unless Kobe or Gasol gets injured. There might be a #2 in the West now though.

cant wait for the playoffs
pimp.gif

My heart goes to Josh Howard! he just blew his chance of getting any better this year!!
This is a bold move for Dallas, Butler & Haywood, very very sweet for them getting a perimeter/slasher plus a big man, WOW!!

Good trade for Dallas. Makes them a better and tougher team no doubt but i don't think it's enough to put them with the lakers. I'll be rooting for them though!

dallas, where decent players go to become mediocre, then get traded and become decent producers again on another team.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

dallas, where decent players go to become mediocre, then get traded and become decent producers again on another team.

this is very true
frown.gif

i really want to see dirk win a ring but dallas is cursed

Just glad to see bum Stevenson gone. I hope Jamison gets dealt too for something equal or better in return.

Patiently waiting for Free Agent Class 10'
nerd.gif

Stevenson gone finally
pimp.gif

i couldnt watch the wiz before this trade.....i still wont be able to watch them
roll.gif

better position to compete with the nuggets. obviously, lakers are on another level, but you never know with injuries and what not...

laugh.gif
  I'm laughing because Method Man would occasionally give me a hard time about how the Wizards turned Kwame Brown into an All-Star by fleecing the Lakers.

Now the Lakers have an All-NBA player and the Wizards have...cap space
happy.gif

Hoopshype.com has already updated their salary pages.

The Wizards will save around $14.7M (or $13.6M if Ross decides to stay in DC) next year.  They still have to fill out their roster so it won't be that much, but it's a decent chunk of change when you consider that they aren't competing for a playoff spot.  They'll still need to move Jamison (Cleveland?  Boston? San Antonio?) if they want to be able to sign a second tier 2010 free agent.

This is a great, great trade for Dallas.  For one, they don't need to take over the top spot.  They just have to be good enough to take the second spot (as others haven mentioned) and win one game in LA.  This trade (if Carslisle can make it work) obviously moves them closer to being able to achieve both goals.

If things don't work out, it's just a half-season or full season (1/2 of this season + first 1/2 of next) experiment.

If Haywood doesn't work out, his deal expires this year.  They can either let the money expire or sign-and-trade him.

If either Butler or Stevenson don't work out, their deals expire next year and have contracts that are easy to trade.

On top of that, Dallas will have Dampier as an expiring contract next season too!

Damn, I wish Jerry Buss was a billionaire.

Back
Top Bottom