Max Orange AM90 09

smokin.gif

i might get these since they're the closest thing to infrared's.

a few color swaps here and there and I think it looks better. course the materials are still wrong especially the mesh...

gimme a suede overlay and the same shade of mx orange they put on the skylines and i'd cop

IMO these are great. Materials bein cheap is expected from Nike. I wont be wearing these shoes to run track in (and neither will 90% of u) so thats not a bigdeal. Slap sum force fields in to stop the creasing and im good. I dont get y yall complain so much. These r not the Infrareds so y whine about no greymudguard n more of an "infrared" color? And the Laser Blues didnt have a grey mudguard but those r grail status to most people on here. If i put"JD exclusive AM90" as the title to this thread then every1 would be like "y does Euro get all the nice colorways"
smh.gif

I should really stop expecting better from Nike.

Decent colorway, but the materials looks to be @$!%.

Like plenty of other people have said, I'll attempt to pick up a pair once they go on sale.

Ehhh, got enuff of this exact colorway, i'll pass..... but drops to sumthin crazy like 20-30 on Swoosh, then u my play my hand on these! lol

i think the reason why a lot of us are comparing these to the infrareds is because the "mx orange" on them looks a lot like the "infrared"color you see on the fake Am90 infrareds people sell on ebay.
the good thing is, at least these dont have the all white midsole you see on those turq/rave pink am90's that released earlier.

edit
and these don't even come close to the MX orange AM 90 released back in '01

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by norcalballgirl23

material looks cheap...
It really does. These look like they will chip and crack if you stare at them for too long,
smh.gif
LOL! For real though. All of my 90s over the past year to two years have chipped after one or two wears. Sad.
Originally Posted by WallyHopp

they still fail with simple colors. i dont get it.. over the top fail.. bland fail.. just FAIL all around for NIKE release after release.
Exactly. My faith has been shaken too.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

IMO these are great. Materials bein cheap is expected from Nike. I wont be wearing these shoes to run track in (and neither will 90% of u) so thats not a big deal. Slap sum force fields in to stop the creasing and im good. I dont get y yall complain so much. These r not the Infrareds so y whine about no grey mudguard n more of an "infrared" color? And the Laser Blues didnt have a grey mudguard but those r grail status to most people on here. If i put "JD exclusive AM90" as the title to this thread then every1 would be like "y does Euro get all the nice colorways"
smh.gif
subtle color placement is key. and has been key since the beginning. Tinker knew and exploited it to its finest in the original releases. ive saidit in other threads but you truly cant steer too far away from the og c/w's or you may get some questionable "crap".

laser blues were an original 1990 colorway retroed for the first time via a Jd sports exclusive. THATS why its a grail.. that shoe features some subtle colorplacement. Close to the infrared model but slightly different.. Just look at soleaddicts photoshop and thats your ideal max orange am90 retro c/w:

vs. OG c/w retro:
Nike_AirMax90_LaserBlue.jpg

now imagine the laser blue c/w in a color scheme that we see from this max orange release.. we would get:
91435be94f596b02c253caf1b623e4a1c202f88.jpg

but wait Nike has already done their rendition of their "close enough is good enough" camp:
nike-air-max-90-light-blue.jpg

Subtle changes can work but often times they do not.

Close but still ultimately wrong. one to two small miscues can have some
eyes.gif
type effects

ehh..not feeling them. my max orange on my skylines look a lot closer to infrared than these do.

Back
Top Bottom