May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always felt WM 22 is underrated even though IT had some flaws. Booker T/Boogeyman wasn't necessary and triple threat WHC match coulda been better.

Thread. Much more detailed than yesterday as he put all the Tweets in the same chain.

New Interview

Last edited:
Banner_750x1120_bad-bunny.jpg

Was doing some FIre Pro Wrestling research and came across this.

I like how this was laid out. #MagicJohnsonTweet for sure, but just seeing it in print was cool.

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 datboi81 datboi81 @ITO Case Case King of Trash Style King of Trash Style SC kid SC kid Peep Game Peep Game

In North American wrestling, we have the same match template everyone follows.

The referee is stupid. The rules favor the heel. The babyface is in an uphill battle against a cheating heel, a bad ruleset, and a stupid referee. The match is put together to play on people's emotions.

SHINE: When the match starts, it's established that the babyface can easily outwrestle the heel. The babyface plays fair and uses his wrestling moves. The heel can't keep up and eventually gets frustrated. The babyface has full control of the match.

HEAT: The heel starts playing dirty to gain control of the match. Either closed fists, a low blow, or anything to instantly be in control of the match. The referee won't see it. The heel will start a rough beating of the babyface that lasts the majority of the match. Every once in awhile the babyface will get in a move called a 'hope spot' with will trigger a false comeback, and the heel will keep using dirty tactics to regain control.

The referee never sees the heel cheat.
The referee believes the heel every time he accuses the babyface of cheating.
The heel eventually does something REALLY PUNISHING such as a piledriver or a very punishing submission hold to secure the win.

COMEBACK: The babyface is fed up! They either powered through a submission hold with the help of empowering crowd chants, or they snapped. Up until now, they were naively trying to win by fair play and wrestling, but now it's a straight up fight. Both guys are hitting each other with their biggest moves and trading false finishes.

Then someone wins, but the type of win and decisiveness of it depends on if they are working a program together, or if they need to have another match, etc... Like when a heel Flair came to your local territory. His job was to get his *** kicked and then barely escape with the title. He'd get his heat and the local top guy would be put over huge because he should have won the belt.

Some babyfaces don't shine, because they are survivors. They take a beating and just survive until the end.

Some heels don't get dominated in the opening segment as much because they are dominant heels. This creates a bit of a different environment though. Because then they are *******s, as opposed to the 'real' heel who HAD to cheat because it was already established that the babyface could work circles around them.

Some heels don't get a lot of heat because they comedy acts, failures, etc depending on their role on the show, or spot on the card. Wrestling is still just ensemble cast live theater, and sometimes you're just the piss break match guy.

More breaking down of wrestling content. It is cool to see what things documented that we THINK we see on a normal basis.

I listen to pro wrestling more than I watch it the past several months, because trying to watch it literally makes me get a headache. So I thought I'd talk about it.

I expected AEW to cut between cameras about about half as much as WWE, but was happily surprised to find out that AEW did way better than I expected recently. WWE was about on par.

And I'm happy to say AEW is also doing better than they used to with the important part... Not interrupting action with camera cuts.

More breaking down of wrestling content. It is cool to see what things documented that we THINK we see on a normal basis.

I listen to pro wrestling more than I watch it the past several months, because trying to watch it literally makes me get a headache. So I thought I'd talk about it.

I expected AEW to cut between cameras about about half as much as WWE, but was happily surprised to find out that AEW did way better than I expected recently. WWE was about on par.

And I'm happy to say AEW is also doing better than they used to with the important part... Not interrupting action with camera cuts.

I think the last [recent] show I watched from start to finish was the Brodie tribute from Dynamite. I’ve definitely listened to more wrestling commentary than actually wrestling lately.

I wonder what wrestling discussions on a forum like this would be like if social media didn't exist. Like if everyone just had to watch wrestling shows and have their OWN opinion of it without being influenced.
I swear it's like post a tweet and criticize the hell out of the poster or whoever the post is about. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these handles are just rival promotions and their social media teams taking shots at the competetion and driving the narrative.
#ItsJustWrestling

Back
Top Bottom