May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never feel like, "It's just wrestling. It's fake" should mean you still shouldn't treat it as real.

I think Lance opened my eyes about it being foolish to call them FINISHERS when that doesn't even exist in real sports.

Favorite moves that have a good chance of ending the match is what I would prefer to see. That also leaves the door open for varied finishing sequences like degenerate423 degenerate423 suggested.

Outside of flash pins/ko's/submissions, it would be nice if folks had multiple RESPECTED ways to end a match.

I think the wrestler that did the best job of that was Paige in her first year of Main Roster. She had like 3 different finishers.

I never feel like, "It's just wrestling. It's fake" should mean you still shouldn't treat it as real.

I think Lance opened my eyes about it being foolish to call them FINISHERS when that doesn't even exist in real sports.

Favorite moves that have a good chance of ending the match is what I would prefer to see. That also leaves the door open for varied finishing sequences like degenerate423 degenerate423 suggested.

Outside of flash pins/ko's/submissions, it would be nice if folks had multiple RESPECTED ways to end a match.

I think the wrestler that did the best job of that was Paige in her first year of Main Roster. She had like 3 different finishers.
Next time tag me in your response BA

Naw I gotta disagree with Lance. I know people wanna make wrestling out to be this REAL combat sport but it's not. It's entertainment. I want to be entertained. Just like jesse the body said when macho man dropped that elbow you knew it was over(except warrior BA).

Think about how many stories could be told if finishers are protected like omega okada.

Not being real vs. Entertainment aren't mutually exclusive though.

Something can be entertaining while being presented as being legit.

It isn't a "one or the other" situation.

And when she did the PTO on top of a table it was deadlier.

AJ has the Styles Clash, Phenomenal Forearm, and the Calf Crusher, but it seems 80% of the time he wins a match with the forearm

AJ has the Styles Clash, Phenomenal Forearm, and the Calf Crusher, but it seems 80% of the time he wins a match with the forearm
Over the last 2 years, how often has he won with anything other than the Forearm?

This is where MLW kills the competition in tracking Finishing Rates of certain moves.

Hard To Kill tonight

1. Kenny Omega and The Good Brothers v Swann, Sabin, and MOOSE
  2. Eddie Edwards v Sami Callihan (Barbed Wire Massacre)
  3. Chris Bey v Manik v Rohit Raju (X Division Championship)
  4. Deonna Purrazzo v Taya Valkyrie (Knockouts Championship)
  5. Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz v Havok and Nevaeh (Knockouts Tag Championship)
  6. Eric Young, Joe Doering, and Deaner v Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, and Cousin Jake (Old School Rules)
  7. Karate Man v Ethan Page
  8. Tenille Dashwood and Kaleb v Rosemary and Crazzy Steve
  9. Brian Myers v Josh Alexander

My pet peeves in today's wrestling:
Champions coming out first
No long term story telling
Finisher spam
To many multi man / women matches
Dives to the outside
Knife edge chops
To much flippy stuff
To much comedy