May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lashley has been so damn good this run... I really hope they keep it on him past Mania. I just don't see both him and Reign's retaining on the same show =/

Why are they ruining Hurt Business already?..They're just now hitting their stride..

Yeah Bobby doesn’t need help against anyone so I get the him being mad I just don’t want it him kicking Shelton and Cedric to the side. But I fear that will happen to try and make him look “strong” :smh: I think there needs to be a moment where Bobby just teaches those guys a lesson and wrecks them at the end of the night not fully destroy THB.

Yeah Bobby doesn’t need help against anyone so I get the him being mad I just don’t want it him kicking Shelton and Cedric to the side. But I fear that will happen to try and make him look “strong” :smh: I think there needs to be a moment where Bobby just teaches those guys a lesson and wrecks them at the end of the night not fully destroy THB.

You don't think that'd just ruin the those 2 guys' credibility?..The thing that, to me, makes a faction be believable is that all the members are close to bein equal..If you have Bobby make the other 2 look like fools then they're no longer a faction..It becomes Bobby and his lackeys..

Asuka/Rhea will be Match Of The Weekend..It's gonna make the Botch/Bellhair match look really bad..

I hear you but you never know the positives someone brings by simply being on the roster. I hear Spears is a moral booster backstage.

But yes, they are signing and signing and signing but aren't really cutting folks and like that.

@shogun said, they only have one TV show., But rememeber they have two B-Shows for the underneath talent to get reps in.

I watch a pinch of AEW Dark and I like the WCW Saturday/extended World Wide feel, guys fleshing out gimmicks and such

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:05/13/1996: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4023&page=2

Tag Team Match
The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)
Good opening matchup to get the fans going. The Steiner doing their usually Throw/Suplex-based offense and Public Enemy struggling to keep up. I was never a fan of Public Enemy and these rewatches just further solidify that feeling. Scott Steiner still doing the FrankenSteiner at this point of his career was crazy.

Singles Match
Chris Benoit vs. Squire David Taylor (w/Jeeves)
Nice matchup. David Taylor was always one of the more underrated wrestlers during his time in WCW. Good size, good technique and showed good personality whenever he was given a chance. Benoit was just a machine here. Solid matchup.

Savage BackStage: Macho Man was putting on a world-class performance here. His interaction with Mean Gene was classic. Mongo coming out trying to sympathize with Macho was so forced man, Macho wasn’t paying dude ANY mind.

Singles Match
VK Wallstreet vs. Ric Flair (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
Cool match. Both are heels so this matchup was a little odd to me. Vincent Kennedy Wallstreet tried but he was just outmatched by Flair and the women on the outside.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Lex Luger
Luger tried but for whatever reason, The Big Giant wanted to get himself disqualified. I wonder what his motivation was but that table spot looked like it hurt for sure. I’ve always wondered if there was a way to prevent splinters from getting in the backs of the wrestlers.

Solid show tonight. Slammboree 1996 on Sunday.

Random Thoughts: It is crazy to think Shaq still played for ORL during this era. Yea, the dates match up but just to hear Bischoff say, “Shaq and the Magic are getting ready for Game 4 vs. the Hawks” just brought back memories.

MOngo is still calling the company, “The WCW.” - :lol:

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:05/13/1996: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4023&page=2

Tag Team Match
The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)
Good opening matchup to get the fans going. The Steiner doing their usually Throw/Suplex-based offense and Public Enemy struggling to keep up. I was never a fan of Public Enemy and these rewatches just further solidify that feeling. Scott Steiner still doing the FrankenSteiner at this point of his career was crazy.

Singles Match
Chris Benoit vs. Squire David Taylor (w/Jeeves)
Nice matchup. David Taylor was always one of the more underrated wrestlers during his time in WCW. Good size, good technique and showed good personality whenever he was given a chance. Benoit was just a machine here. Solid matchup.

Savage BackStage: Macho Man was putting on a world-class performance here. His interaction with Mean Gene was classic. Mongo coming out trying to sympathize with Macho was so forced man, Macho wasn’t paying dude ANY mind.

Singles Match
VK Wallstreet vs. Ric Flair (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
Cool match. Both are heels so this matchup was a little odd to me. Vincent Kennedy Wallstreet tried but he was just outmatched by Flair and the women on the outside.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Lex Luger
Luger tried but for whatever reason, The Big Giant wanted to get himself disqualified. I wonder what his motivation was but that table spot looked like it hurt for sure. I’ve always wondered if there was a way to prevent splinters from getting in the backs of the wrestlers.

Solid show tonight. Slammboree 1996 on Sunday.

Random Thoughts: It is crazy to think Shaq still played for ORL during this era. Yea, the dates match up but just to hear Bischoff say, “Shaq and the Magic are getting ready for Game 4 vs. the Hawks” just brought back memories.

MOngo is still calling the company, “The WCW.” - :lol:

PE was always garbage time. Easily the get up and grab some food time. Even in the extreme stuff they tried to do it was crap.

ECW loved them, they were the exact same there. In WCW, WWE as well, All Time Garbage Team IMO.

Mongo Sucks Eggs word to Funk.

I dunno which is stupider, the Bray/RKO feud or Shane/Braun feud.

Two are wrestlers
1/2 are not wrestlers, yet he still finds himself in some useless angle just to do spots and flippy stuff.

Shane being in anything is stupider.

Back
Top Bottom