"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

nah but from the looks of you co defending this dude looks like u let him borrow yours.go show me the last great fighter may fought in their prime,ill wait
You keep saying this, but who has Pacquio fought in their primes above 140?
Lol to keep it solid he would struggle against Victor Ortiz without all the stupid weight clauses he loves so much. Both fighters cherry pick their opponents, so what's your point?
pac has fought better fighters than manny tho. and im not trying to compare the two just calling may a fraud. you cant tell me you're the best when sons resume is weaksauce. 
Who? and please don't throw in Morales and Barrea because we all know Mayweather would easily walk through both of them.

nah but from the looks of you co defending this dude looks like u let him borrow yours.go show me the last great fighter may fought in their prime,ill wait
You keep saying this, but who has Pacquio fought in their primes above 140?
Lol to keep it solid he would struggle against Victor Ortiz without all the stupid weight clauses he loves so much. Both fighters cherry pick their opponents, so what's your point?
pac has fought better fighters than manny tho. and im not trying to compare the two just calling may a fraud. you cant tell me you're the best when sons resume is weaksauce. 
Who? And please don't say Erik Morales and Marco Antiono Barrea because Mayweather would easily walk through them both.

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

"concerned for family"

*beats wife and threatens kids*

I believe if he actually hit/beat her she would have been knocked out til today. Not trying to defend him, but if a professional boxer hits you, I'd imagine you'd be knocked the hell out with the quickness and have bruises. I'm surprised those bruised pics didn't make it to TMZ
laugh.gif

Really? So why didn't he fight any of those three Mexicans in their prime? Morales jmm or Barrera all were around in their prime and he didn't face not one of them,wonder why

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

"concerned for family"

*beats wife and threatens kids*

I believe if he actually hit/beat her she would have been knocked out til today. Not trying to defend him, but if a professional boxer hits you, I'd imagine you'd be knocked the hell out with the quickness and have bruises. I'm surprised those bruised pics didn't make it to TMZ
laugh.gif

He's obviously not gonna hit a woman like he does his bummy tomato can opponents

Really? So why didn't he fight any of those three Mexicans in their prime? Morales jmm or Barrera all were around in their prime and he didn't face not one of them,wonder why

Lol he beat JMM while Manny stuggled against him in his last fight.Morales and Barrera aren't on Mayweather's level we all know that.

Lol he beat JMM while Manny stuggled  got his @!$ whooped against him in his last fight.Morales and Barrera aren't on Mayweather's level we all know that.

fixed.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by AG 47

If Manny would have destroyed JMM and lets say knocked him out, you would hear nothing but crickets from the Mayweather camp right now

If my Aunt had a penis, she'd be my Uncle.

You clearly missed the point I was making, but odds are you're a fanboy and can't have a rational conversation on the subject matter.

And you missed mine. We don't live in a world of the hypothetical. The facts are that Manny narrowly won against JMM and depending on who you talk to, Manny lost two of those 3 bouts.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Another guy talking without knowing the truth. All his fights do follow Olympic testing since he brought it up.

http://www.boxingscene.co...-mayweather-clash--50258

Theres an article with Cotto talking about taking the tests for the fight. If everyone else in the sport agrees to it. Why does the supposed best in the sport not do them? Hop off Pacs nuts for 2 seconds and answer me that one.

Another Floyd groupie who severely lacks Reading & Comprehension skills. You clearly didn't understand what I was saying. I'm well aware of Floyd's testing regime and what he ask of his opponent. What I'm saying is he should of took the high road from the beginning of his career and let it be known the only way you fight him is if you submit to Olympic style testing. He didn't take that route with Manny. Instead he decided to accuse Manny of steroid use way before there was talk of a figjt between the two in the press without a single shred of evidence. That's my argument; I was simply expressing that it was unprofessional and classless. For the record I am a fan of a clean sport and don't have allegiance to Floyd nor Manny.

If my Aunt had a penis, she'd be my Uncle.

You clearly missed the point I was making, but odds are you're a fanboy and can't have a rational conversation on the subject matter.

And you missed mine. We don't live in a world of the hypothetical. The facts are that Manny narrowly won against JMM and depending on who you talk to, Manny lost two of those 3 bouts.

Depending who I talk to?
laugh.gif

You're absolutely right, only a Floyd groupie would say Manny lost 2 of those 3 bouts. Some of you are beyond ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Another guy talking without knowing the truth. All his fights do follow Olympic testing since he brought it up.

http://www.boxingscene.co...-mayweather-clash--50258

Theres an article with Cotto talking about taking the tests for the fight. If everyone else in the sport agrees to it. Why does the supposed best in the sport not do them? Hop off Pacs nuts for 2 seconds and answer me that one.

Another Floyd groupie who severely lacks Reading & Comprehension skills. You clearly didn't understand what I was saying. I'm well aware of Floyd's testing regime and what he ask of his opponent. What I'm saying is he should of took the high road from the beginning of his career and let it be known the only way you fight him is if you submit to Olympic style testing. He didn't take that route with Manny. Instead he decided to accuse Manny of steroid use way before there was talk of a figjt between the two in the press without a single shred of evidence. That's my argument; I was simply expressing that it was unprofessional and classless. For the record I am a fan of a clean sport and don't have allegiance to Floyd nor Manny.
Yea, because a snot nosed kid just getting into the sport has the right to go out and say anyone he boxes has to take testing more thorough than what is required by the actual boxing commission. You need to get some hype and respect to start calling your own shots and trying to make a change in the sport. And Mayweather has that now. He is indisputably the biggest draw in the sport. And he has put his foot down to make a sport that he loves and really does care about if you see him in interviews not revolving around one of his fights. He knows how to turn that on to draw up interest for his fights. 
And 
roll.gif
@ Mayweather being subtle and "taking the high road" on anything revolving around one of his fights. He knows exactly what he is doing. All the talk, all the interviews, all the accusations are to drum up hype for the fight and get people to hate him/love him and buy his fights (obviously its working). 

Bottom line is anyone that wants to fight Money from here on out has to take those tests. And every single person in the sport is willing to take those tests to fight him except one guy. And whether Mayweather had any real evidence in the first place is irrelevant. People make up %!!! about their opponents all the time. Its up to you to prove that it isnt true. And Manny's resistance to get anywhere close to taking those tests has brought doubt from alot of people in the sport other than just Mayweathers camp. 

You're absolutely right, only a Floyd groupie would say Manny lost 2 of those 3 bouts. Some of you are beyond ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

u kidding me right? fans,boxers and boxing experts go around saying manny lost to JMM

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

u kidding me right? fans,boxers and boxing experts go around saying manny lost to JMM

I'm not kidding. From the fight fans I've discussed their fights with the consensus is 1-1-1. This thread and the replies in it reinforce this isn't a forum you can really discuss boxing though. There are a lot of children on this site who deem themselves experts and say the most ridiculous things. There are a few members that I can tell really know the sport, but they are vastly outnumbered by groupies of Floyd & Manny.

Oh and to you AllenIversonFan; I meant when Floyd became champ and started establishing himself in the sport; of course nobody would take that demand from a fighter who just became a pro.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

If Mayweather wins CONVINCINGLY, manny is done for.

Manny already beat Cotto convincingly though
laugh.gif

He also retired the guy Mayweather struggled against (DLH) and KOed cold  in 2 the guy Mayweather went 10 with (Hatton) and won every round vs the guy who buckled Mayweather
But dudes only use Marquez as the common opponent who we've already established wasn't ready for 144

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif

He also retired the guy Mayweather struggled against (DLH) and KOed cold  in 2 the guy Mayweather went 10 with (Hatton) and won every round vs the guy who buckled Mayweather
But dudes only use Marquez as the common opponent who we've already established wasn't ready for 144

Didn't he fight a severely drained DLH with a beneficial catch weight after Floyd fought him at 154?
Didn't he fight Hatton after Floyd crushed his confidence (critical to a brawler whos not a skilled boxer) and removed his "0"?

Didn't he fight Shane with a catch weight a year after Floyd washed him up and it was already clear that he wasn't the same fighter?

Not saying, just saying.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

laugh.gif

Didn't he fight a severely drained DLH after Floyd fought him at 154?
Didn't he fight Hatton after Floyd crushed his confidence (critical to a brawler whos not a skilled boxer) and removed his "0"?

Didn't he fight Shane after Floyd washed him up and it was clear that he wasn't the same fighter?

Not saying, just saying.

And now Mayy's fighting Cotto after not just Manny but Margarito brutally beat him

laugh.gif

Didn't he fight Shane after Floyd washed him up and it was clear that he wasn't the same fighter?

Not saying, just saying.

And now Mayy's fighting Cotto after not just Manny but Margarito brutally beat him
but Pacquaio made Cotto fight at a catch weight at 145 when Cotto clearly wasn't a 147 welterweight anymore thus him moving up to 154. 
and Mayweather is fighting Cotto at 154 where Cotto is comfortable in weight with no problems. none of the catch weight BS

There really isn't any point to argue with the Pacstans they believe what they want. 

laugh.gif

Not saying, just saying.

At 154 though.
And that was the other posters point, this time May is fighting an opponent that Many previously fought...lets see how the 2 performances compare.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

93403_o.gif

Happy Cinco De Mayo tomorrow, Cotto!!

mayweather.gif

Uh cotto isn't Mexican so cinco de mayo is just a regular day to him

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was about to say man...
30t6p3b.gif
These guys don't even know what Cinco De Mayo represents. Just follow what Mayweather says.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom