• McGregor by KO

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • McGregor by TKO

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • McGregor by decision

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Jessie Vargas Says Conor McGregor Was Knocked Out in Sparring

According to former two division world champion Jessie Vargas, UFC superstar Conor McGregor was knocked out in recent sparring session.

McGregor is preparing to fight five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26 KOs), who at 40-years-old is coming back from a two-year retirement.

The fight is scheduled to take place on August 26th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

mayweather-mcgregor%20(12)_3.jpg

Speaking to Villainfy Media, Vargas claimed he had heard McGregor was knocked out while sparring in preparation for his August 26 fight against Mayweather.

“This guy got knocked out in sparring already,” Vargas said in a video interview.

The Las Vegas fighter did not reveal his sources or provide further details of the purported knock out - “The boxing world is small so it’s a small circle.”

Vargas’ claim contrasts the accounts of McGregor’s sparring partners, who have been effusive in their praise of ‘The Notorious.’

“I don’t know if you’ve seen the photo that he uploaded onto his Instagram after our session,” amateur Irish boxer Tiernan Bradley told MMA Fighting earlier this month. “People are talking about his left hand and whether the power will be there with 10-ounce gloves — he lifted me off my feet with a right uppercut in 16 (ounce gloves)!

McGregor's head trainer, John Kavanagh, says his fighter was looked very solid in training.

"He will be very well-prepared. We have gone through one training cycle and we had in some good sparing partners, and, as we expected, his skills transcended over. He is not trying to win Wimbledon. It's not that different," Kavanagh said.

"His understanding of range, his understanding of how to move around is excellent. It's not completely different. There are some differences in this fight; he doesn't have to worry about someone shooting (kicking) on him. It's been a great experience. The first half has gone very well and I am heading out to Vegas for the second half on Monday, and I am expecting him to peak at the right time."

Already refuted. Check a page back.

Getting knocked out in sparring would be stupid. That's extra brain damage that isn't necessary.

On August 26, 2017, Floyd Mayweather will fight Conor McGregor in what is quickly becoming one of the most exciting and talked about sports events in history. Floyd is putting his 49-0 perfect record on the line to face Conor who has never actually fought in a professional boxing match. McGregor turned 29 today. Floyd is 40. Assuming something crazy doesn't happen (like one of them breaks an arm), the stars are aligning for this to be an extremely lucrative evening for both fighters. Perhaps even surpassing the money generated by Floyd's 2015 fight against Manny Pacquiao. And if that happens, there is a chance that Floyd Mayweather's career earnings will top a mind-boggling $1 BILLION. If you take into account inflation, Floyd joins an elite club of billion-dollar earning athletes that includes Michael Jordan, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Michael Schumacher.

Related articles:

Floyd Mayweather Net Worth
Conor McGregor Net Worth

First off, here's how Floyd Mayweather career earnings break down as of today:

• Arturo Gatti: June 25, 2005 – $3.2 million
  • Carlos Baldomir: November 4, 2006 – $8 million
  • Oscar De La Hoya: May 5, 2007 – $25 million
  • Ricky Hatton: December 8, 2007 – $25 million
  • World Wrestling Entertainment Appearance: – $20 million
  • Juan Manuel Márquez: September 19, 2009 – $25 million
  • Sugar Shane Mosley: May 14th, 2010 – $30 million
  • Victor Ortiz: September 17th, 2011 – $40 million
  • Miguel Cotto: May 5, 2012 – $40 million
  • Robert Guerrero: May 4, 2013 – $50 million
  • Saul Alvarez: September 14, 2013 – $75 million
  • Marcos Maidana: May 2, 2014 – $40 million
  • Marcos Maidana: September 13, 2014 – $32 million
  • Manny Pacquiao: May 2nd, 2015 – $250 million
  • Andre Berto – September 12, 2015 – $35 million
He also earned around $2 million from his first 15 fights that preceeded the 2005 match against Arturo Gatti. Floyd has earned around $25 million outside the ring selling merchandise and from a handful of relatively small endorsment deals.

When you total it all up, Floyd Mayweather's total career earnings as of this writing are $730 million.

floyd.jpg

Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images

When Mayweather earned $250 million fighting Pacquiao, 4.6 million people purchased the event on Pay-Per-View. When you add up all revenue sources (ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorships, etc.) the Mayweather Pacquiao fight generated around $620 million. In other words, Mayweather took home around 40% of the total revenue.

As of this writing, Vegas analysts are predicting that 5 million people will spend $99 to purchase the Mayweather-McGregor fight on PPV. If that happens, it's likely that the fight total revenue from all sources will top $700 million. Using the same 40% cut mentioned previously, Floyd's paycheck for the McGregor fight could theoretically be $280 million.

If that happens, Floyd's total career earnings will officially be $1.01 BILLION.

Floyd Mayweather Career Earnings Could Top $1 Billion After Conor McGregor Fight

This is why I don't understand how he can't pay taxes. Floyd is not dumb with his money. He has like 120 million in the bank he don't even use

imagine if mayweather really go to dublin after that london press conference, dude will be crucified on site

A quick synopsis of “The Great White Hype”: An undefeated but unpopular African American champion played by Damon Wayans demands a huge payday from his Don King-inspired promoter (Samuel L. Jackson). This leads the promoter to match him against a white fighter who beat him as an amateur. The white fighter (Peter Berg) is now the front man of a heavy metal band and has never fought professionally. A large segment of the media describes the contest as a farce, but the public nonetheless buys in. The challenger is knocked out in 27 seconds.

See what I mean.... Mayweather is highly respected and liked by his peers.

McGregor? I've yet to see him interviewed like that by other fighters... they just don't like him!

I thought Brendan and Paulie was gonna drop in their knees at some point during that interview.

Nah Connor has just always refused to do a lot of interviews. Especially after these press conferences where he's being flamboyant as **** he doesn't want to step off the stage and break character and be some nice guy with the reporters.

Nah Connor has just always refused to do a lot of interviews. Especially after these press conferences where he's being flamboyant as **** he doesn't want to step off the stage and break character and be some nice guy with the reporters.

While that also may be true... I've watched a lot of interviews and read articles about how other UFC fighters don't mess with McGregor like that.... how he has his own dressing room because he and other fighters don't get along.

he's a clown who has a history of saying racist **** and being babied by Dana i'm not shocked

History of being racist? Where's your resources.

Besides this whole "Dance for me, Boy" I haven't heard anything about him being racist. Please provide links!

McGregor told Brazilian fighter Jose Aldo, “I own this town, I own Rio de Janeiro. I would invade his favela on horseback and would kill anyone who wasn’t fit to work, but we’re in a new time, so I’ll whoop his *** instead.”

Back
Top Bottom