Votes: 54 40.6%
  • McGregor by KO

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • McGregor by TKO

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • McGregor by decision

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Because Silva has the personality of Tim Duncan while McGregor might be the best personality in all of sports. They also have two completely different fighting styles.

I know and that's exactly my point. It's sad that people value personality over results.

Honestly it actually is pretty close. Prob one of the greater fights that we may never see

I know and that's exactly my point. It's sad that people value personality over results.

I mean McGregor is still the current world champion in two different weight classes in the UFC and got an undefeated boxer to come out of retirement to fight him in his first ever fight.

This isn't some random dude we're talking about :lol:

I'd also agree that Jon Jones > Anderson Silva. If not for Jones shooting himself in the foot multiple times he'd have the record for title defenses and might be the undisputed GOAT at this point. I'd say if he defends the LHW belt a few more times and then gets some W's at HW he's the GOAT.

I mean McGregor is still the current world champion in two different weight classes in the UFC and got an undefeated boxer to come out of retirement to fight him in his first ever fight.

This isn't some random dude we're talking about :lol:

Yeah it's crazy how he called it, in just a couple of years too. He went from a $50k fighter to a $150 Million fighter.

Gotta respect his grind & hustle!

It's sad how everyone on McGregor's nuts so hard among MMA fans, when Anderson Silva was knocking people out in highlight fashion for YEARS and didn't receive anywhere near the amount of love.

Anderson in a lot of ways was more dynamic in his fights but he wound up hurting himself in his fights against guys like Cote, Maia, and Thales Leites if memory serves.

Guys he should have finished quickly but that he played around with too much.

Which you might even be able to say was the case with Weidman as well.

He's not going to make $150 million in this fight is he? How much is the UFC taking on their cut?

Yeah it's crazy how he called it, in just a couple of years too. He went from a $50k fighter to a $150 Million fighter.

Gotta respect his grind & hustle!

He's not going to make $150 million in this fight is he? How much is the UFC taking on their cut?

No he's not gonna make that much this fight.... I was talking about his net worth. His total from his last few fights with this one should be around $150 Million.

I'd say Dana is gonna take a decent percent but can't find a link that says how much. Did find this one tho
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...yd-Mayweather-prize-money-how-much-earn-fight
Mayweather is expected to net at least £78.5million ($100million) from the fight, with McGregor reported to have agreed a smaller fee.

The Irishman will pocket £12million ($15million) less than Mayweather, according to UFC President Dana White.

Speaking in April, White said: “If the fight sells as well as I think it can, Floyd makes a little north of $100 million and Conor makes $75 million.

At this point it doesn't really matter b. Conor won in life and transcended the sport of MMA. Whether he wins or loses he made more than anyone in the the UFC ever. Maybe combined. So if he walks home with $50m or $150m, it doesn't matter.

I mean won't know how much they make til we see how many ppvs this sells, does it really break the record and sell 5 mil ppvs?

I mean won't know how much they make til we see how many ppvs this sells, does it really break the record and sell 5 mil ppvs?

It definitely would have if the price was $50-60. Still has a chance though for sure.

I don't think it'll break the record due to people still angered about the May/Pac fight.... but I think it'll come close being 2nd.

2 of the biggest names in combat sports, doing something that has never been done before.

I'll buy it. #shrugs

Yea but Dana saying if the fight sells well Floyd makes a little over 100 Mil and Conor makes 75?

Floyd made over 200 Mil in the Manny fight.

Or is he not counting his share as a promoter?

Back
Top Bottom