Mayweather vs Pacuiao May 5th 2012 Vol. Biggest Fight Ever?

I wanna book my room in Vegas, but I have a feeling every night spot is gonna cost an arm and a leg to get in because every celebrity is gonna be in Vegas that weekend

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I wanna book my room in Vegas, but I have a feeling every night spot is gonna cost an arm and a leg to get in because every celebrity is gonna be in Vegas that weekend

If u book by January or Febuary the latest u should be okay thats what im doing

I dont get the hype behind this Floyds gunna make dude look stupid ..I hope Manny loses to Marquez and retires

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Wrong. You should book before the fight is officially announced with papers signed. Cause if they sign in December it's a wrap for room rates

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Wrong. You should book before the fight is officially announced with papers signed. Cause if they sign in December it's a wrap for room rates

Yup. I looked them up this morning and prices weren't so cheap considering you're booking 6 months ahead of time.

Biggest fight ever? HELL NO!
Most money ever? HELL YES!

Should Mayweaher fight Pacquiao it still won't be the biggest fight ever. The biggest fight ever is The Thrilla in Manilla.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Thats not true Ive been to two of Floyds fights including the victor ortiz match and I booked after the fights were announced and it was not that hard to get a room or flight

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w

Amir Kahn!

weaksauce
This fight isn't about to be signed, we all know that especially with Bob Arum in the mix. So who else is out there for Money May to fight. Cotto & Margarito about to beat each other senseless in December. Sergio Martinez is a huge reach. Pacman not gonna accept the testing and it's looking like his next victim is Tim Bradley after Marquez. So who does that leave Floyd? Kahn. 

If this fight ever gets made im booking a penthouse terrace suite at The Cosmo. Holla @ me brah 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ kahn would make sense since he is golden boy and floyd will make most of the money fighting him then a top rank guy

Money wise the biggest fight ever. But not the biggest fight ever, it'll go down in the top 10 no doubt but....

The Thrilla In Manilla (Ali vs Frazier 3)

Sugar Ray Leonard vs Thomas Hearns (EPIC)

Hagler vs Hearns (EPIC)

Morales vs Barrera (EPIC)

Ali vs Frazier 1 (WHAT? EPIC)

Tyson vs Holyfield 1 and 2

Holyfield vs Foreman

De La Hoya vs Trinidad

De La Hoya vs Mayweather

And I'm forgetting about a ton of other HIGHLY anticipated fights. Point is this fight will go down as one of the biggest fights of all time but THE BIGGEST OF ALL TIME? We can't say until it's all said and done and I for one cannot put this fight ahead of at least 4 of the fights I listed.

That said, I can't wait for this fight and I cannot deny how important this fight is for boxing. Boxing in itself is NOT dying for those who follow it, but as far as boxings relevance as a major sport it's indeed dying. Boxing used to be the biggest sport in the world, bigger than soccer. This fight HAS TO HAPPEN or it will be a crime of epic proportions. I mean if this fight doesn't happen and it's the fault of either Pacquiao or Mayweather the guilty party shouldn't even be allowed in the IBHOF. Honestly, this fight is that important. I'm a Mayweather fan and I'm pulling for him big time, but if he does dodge this fight last moment or something I'd lose all respect for him. If he goes in and Manny does win, hey I lose no respect for Money. In fact I'd respect him that much more for
going out there and honoring boxing's history.

This fight can usher in a new age in boxing and maybe even be the start of an epic trilogy. This fight isn't just about Mayweather or Pacquiao it's about boxing's future. It's about Khan, it's about Alvarez, it's about Martinez, it's about the Klitschkos, Deontay Wilder and Robert Helenius and the entire future of the HW division. It's about every single boxer who steps into the ring, this is about boxing. This fight means everything to the state of boxing.

I'm rambling, but I'm serious yall. If this fight doesn't happen I'll be forever salty. Doesn't matter who either of these two fight at this point, if it's not each other then everything they've individually accomplished is irrelevant. There would've been no Ali without Frazier and visa versa, there'd have been no Rumble in the Jungle, Tyson would have never promised Ali to avenge him by KO'ing Holmes 8 years after Holmes beat Ali (true story, when Tyson was 14 he watched Holmes savagely beat an old Ali. The next morning Cus D'amato got on the phone and told Ali he had this kid who was going to be the HW champion of the world, Mike got on the phone and vowed to Muhammad that when he grew up he'd avenge him by beating Holmes. The story was on ESPN when Tyson got inducted to the boxing hall of fame, I wish I could find that article.)

What i'm trying to say is that the next generation of boxers need this fight to happen, they need their Ali vs Frazier. Boxing needs this yall...

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Not going to get my hopes up too high.
I'm moving back to L.A. in February, so if this goes down, I will seriously considering going...

...then again, I'm assuming, even if I pay a grand a ticket, I'll still be in the nosebleeds. 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom