Mayweather vs Pacuiao May 5th 2012 Vol. Biggest Fight Ever?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Yes
No.

24/7 took boxing hype to a new level. The numbers tell the story. DLH/Mayweather had more hype than DLH/Trinidad and this is way more hyped than both.

A fight hasn't been this hyped since Holyfield/Tyson or the Welter weight (Hagler, Leonard. Hearns) super fights in the 80s.

I disagree.  DLH/Trinidad was labeled as fight of the millennium back then.  The (arguably) top two p4p fighters in the world and both were undefeated.  Also had the huge Mexico/Puerto Rico rivalry going down as well as DLH having beat up JCC and fought tooth and nail with Ike Quartey in the same year and Tito had just dominated Whitaker.  They were coming off gigantic wins.  DLH/Mayweather was hyped as well but it was hyped as one of the more solid overall PPV cards in a while.  No one was putting DLH as a top p4p fighter then.  It was 3 years later and people were still talking about his "quitting" against Bernard.
That fight had lots hype. Roy Jones Jr. vs Trinidad and De La Hoya had hype too but it never happened. 

Watching the second fight now of Jmm and manny don't see how anyone had Jmm winning that fight. Dude took a beating last 3 rounds

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Watching the second fight now of Jmm and manny don't see how anyone had Jmm winning that fight. Dude took a beating last 3 rounds

A beating?  Hardly took a beating.  Tenth round Manny landed that big left hand to start and JMM came back and outlanded him.  They went toe to toe back and forth in the eleventh.  In the last round, JMM was cracking him with rights while Manny was just waiting to land the big left for the entire round.  #%% were you watching? 
laugh.gif
Plus, JMM banked a good amount of early rounds.  Watch it and try not to listen to the fans while you score or Harold Lederman.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...hTio&feature=related

Originally Posted by Proshares

goldenchild9 wrote:
Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Yes
No.

24/7 took boxing hype to a new level. The numbers tell the story. DLH/Mayweather had more hype than DLH/Trinidad and this is way more hyped than both.

A fight hasn't been this hyped since Holyfield/Tyson or the Welter weight (Hagler, Leonard. Hearns) super fights in the 80s.

I disagree.  DLH/Trinidad was labeled as fight of the millennium back then.  The (arguably) top two p4p fighters in the world and both were undefeated.  Also had the huge Mexico/Puerto Rico rivalry going down as well as DLH having beat up JCC and fought tooth and nail with Ike Quartey in the same year and Tito had just dominated Whitaker.  They were coming off gigantic wins.  DLH/Mayweather was hyped as well but it was hyped as one of the more solid overall PPV cards in a while.  No one was putting DLH as a top p4p fighter then.  It was 3 years later and people were still talking about his "quitting" against Bernard.

It's nice to know there are members that

A. Know boxing
B. Are old enough to speak on it.

I'll believe it when I see it.
But this fight should really be in cowboy stadium.

As for who takes the crown after these two hang up the gloves, I would like sergio to get a blockbuster fight.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Why?  That is a terrible venue for boxing.  Unless you were front row or on ground level you wouldn't be able to see ++$+.  The only reason to have it there would be to sell such a high number of tickets at crazy prices to create revenue.  But from a fan perspective why in the hell would you pay to go watch the fight there?  I could care less where it is held if it ever happens, I will be parked in front of my 55" with a better than front row view.

That fight will not take place just floyd trying to steal the spotlight from Pacman.

At this point, I don't even care. Floyd is like 35 right. I'm don't care for seeing two 40 year old men in the ring.

I wanted to see this fight when they were young, not two past their prime fighters that are washed up. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

At this point, I don't even care. Floyd is like 35 right. I'm don't care for seeing two 40 year old men in the ring.

I wanted to see this fight when they were young, not two past their prime fighters that are washed up. 

How are floyd and manny washed up explain

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

If and when the fight takes place, they will both most likely be near 40 years old.  In athletic sports like boxing, people age quickly.  Mayweather at 35 yrs old isn't the same as Mayweather at 38 yrs old 

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Why?  That is a terrible venue for boxing.  Unless you were front row or on ground level you wouldn't be able to see ++$+.  The only reason to have it there would be to sell such a high number of tickets at crazy prices to create revenue.  But from a fan perspective why in the hell would you pay to go watch the fight there?  I could care less where it is held if it ever happens, I will be parked in front of my 55" with a better than front row view.
I just said that because of the sheer number of people that want to see this fight. From a business perspective their are more than enough suckers fans to pay premium for horrid quality seats. 
+1 on watching it in my living room tho. 

If and when the fight takes place, they will both most likely be near 40 years old.  In athletic sports like boxing, people age quickly.  Mayweather at 35 yrs old isn't the same as Mayweather at 38 yrs old 

do you listen to your self or do u just talk. Mayweather is 35 and coming off a big win and has intentions of being active. Manny on the other hand will most likely be coming off a big win and by the time this fight takes place he will be 33. so explain to again how are they washed up Mayweatyher is undefeated and coming off a big win and Manny is on a 15 fight winnings streak

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Cowboys Stadium has the biggest freakin HD in the world! No matter where u sit, everyone will have a great view. And being there is a. great experience to see a boxing match. I know because I've been.

do you listen to your self or do u just talk. Mayweather is 35 and coming off a big win and has intentions of being active. Manny on the other hand will most likely be coming off a big win and by the time this fight takes place he will be 33. so explain to again how are they washed up Mayweatyher is undefeated and coming off a big win and Manny is on a 15 fight winnings streak

Really?  What's the official date of the fight? 
laugh.gif

Really?  What's the official date of the fight? 
laugh.gif

Its not official but they are fighting next year

again with the possibility
sick.gif
sick.gif

hope it does push through if pretty boy does not chicken out yet again
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Wait so where were you guys when Manny backed out the first time the negotiations went down? I mean damn, I know PBF is to blame the last time they had a deal but some of you dudes take it way too far.

Back
Top Bottom