McLaren MP4-12C vs Ferrari 458

I recently stopped by a McLaren and Ferrari dealership for a test drive in the MP4-12C and 458 Italia.  Just sharing the videos and pics with NT...

came in expecting a race

left disappointed

that white mclaren though
pimp.gif
prob doesnt get enough love cuz it looks kinda japanese

thanks for the pics OP. if i had to choose personally, i'd go with the mp4-12c. When I was 12, i fell in love with the McLaren F1, now at 24 i still believe it is one of the best if not best supercars ever created.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

came in expecting a race

left disappointed

that white mclaren though
pimp.gif
prob doesnt get enough love cuz it looks kinda japanese
The MP4-12C is faster than the 458... not much need for race.

So you're in the market to buy?

I honestly believe the Ferrari 458 *%+$% on any car out right now or that has been out the past 5 or 10 years.
It's just too damn beautiful.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Aventador>>>>>>*

The Aventador cost as much as both the 458 and the 12C.  If you're not factoring in cost then the Pagani Zonda > Aventador.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I honestly believe the Ferrari 458 *%+$% on any car out right now or that has been out the past 5 or 10 years.
how about no...
the aventador begs to differ
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

can you just walk in there and get a test drive? i wanna test drive the aventador
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
probably not. dude probably had to prove he isnt an average guy with honda money....

Originally Posted by voodoo

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

The McLaren, its powered by Nissan>
pimp.gif

Powered by Nissan? 
laugh.gif
what?  McLaren developed the 3.8 TTV8 all on their own.
wouldnt say its powered by nissan though but the engine is based on nissans engine

You just went to the dealership and they let you test them??

That's a dream for me autobahn plus a 200 mph car...

I like the 458 better, especially, because of the looks.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

You just went to the dealership and they let you test them??

That's a dream for me autobahn plus a 200 mph car...

I like the 458 better, especially, because of the looks.
You have a sign a contract stating that you're responsible for a insurance deductible if you crash.  However, I'm a serious buyer... looking to get the McLaren soon.

I'll say white or graphite MP4 12-C .

If only you could take a test drive in the MP4-23 though, best looking F1 car IMO.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I need to get my money up. I wish I could get one. Though on the Real OP, What do you do?

I work IT contracts overseas.   A lot more work than play at the moment.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

Originally Posted by 18th letter

how about no...
the aventador begs to differ
pimp.gif

Nah man, the aventador is okay. they tried a little bit too much with all the cuts and edges. the Murcielago is better looking  than the aventador.

Voodoo,

When I lived in Germany, early 90's, the autobahn was for the most part free reign with no speed limits, however I seem to recall hearing that they have started imposing speed limits at least in certain areas. Did you run into any of this.

Also what is great about the autobahn is you are not allowed to pass on the right so drivers there know to pull over to the left lane if someone is flying up behind you unlike drivers here in the states who just cruise in the passing lane which creates another hazard because the faster drivers then have to weave through lanes to pass.

Over there if you are in the fast lane they will ride your bumper flash their lights and honk till you get out da way.. Have the ludacris track on repeat. "MOVE ....

Originally Posted by voodoo

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I need to get my money up. I wish I could get one. Though on the Real OP, What do you do?

I work IT contracts overseas.   A lot more work than play at the moment.
Wait Wait Wait
Who is paying Ferrari money for IT work? I might need to change my degree field 

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Voodoo,

When I lived in Germany, early 90's, the autobahn was for the most part free reign with no speed limits, however I seem to recall hearing that they have started imposing speed limits at least in certain areas. Did you run into any of this.
Yes, there are speed limits on certain sections.  In areas of moderate or high congestion there are speed limits.  A little more than half the total length of the autobahns are unrestricted.

Back
Top Bottom