McNabb benched in Minnesota RIP Career 09/19/1999-10/18/2011

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

I don't care what anybody says, McNabb is a HoF'er.
He was a top 5 qb in the 2000's, and almost never had receivers that can "get" the ball(sans TO).

Him making Freddie Mitchell seem like a beast, is something, HoF'er and maybe best qb ever.

Reported.
I meant black qb ever.
Also, let me cool down, he played great despite having mediocre receivers like Mitchell and co.

So relax peoples 
laugh.gif

Class act, good qb, wish Eagles ran the ball more during his tenure. Having guys like Stinkston and James Trash as your receivers was just sad

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ people wanna jump on me, AFTER I clarified my statement.

I said McNabb might be the best black qb ever, yet wanna still insist I mean best qb ever.

Trolls, I tell ya. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Cosmic's statement backfiring.

I remain a firm believer that the Vikings should have waited until they played Oakland at home on November 22nd to start Christian Ponder, but it's not like I'm torn up about this. McNabb simply hasn't been getting the job done... whether you want to attribute his struggles partially to the offensive line is fine, but anybody that has watched a Vikings game HAS to know that the guy has lost it. He hasn't even had one game where you can point to and say, "See, there's still something there."

He hasn't had ONE game over 230 yards yet, while multiple QBs are throwing up 300 yards on a week-to-week basis.
He apparently thinks the turf has a contract with the Vikings, because it's been overwhelmingly his favorite target in a Vikings uniform.
He doesn't seem to care that he's struggling.

So while I think McNabb should be out on the field for the sake of not shell shocking the rookie, I can completely see the Vikings reasoning behind starting Ponder.

Ponder worked in a pro style offense; he has a big edge over many QB's coming out of college

I think he will be one of the better QB's out of the 2011 draft

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I was always a believer that he could have won a Super Bowl in his prime if he had the talent on offense the Eagles have had the last couple of years.  Sorry Donovan; Andy Reid is coming to take your career now.
I am truly sorry for Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, Donte Stallworth, James Thrash, Reggie Brown, Greg Lewis and Kevin Curtis.
Hank+Baskett.jpg

It was only a matter of time....we're done for this year anyway. I'm hoping Ponder pans out. I wouldnt want to go into the draft thinking we need a franchise QB.

TheGift23 wrote:
That scramble-pass bomb he did in Dallas in 04 was his best play in career IMO.

indeed 
pimp.gif

I really think the guy woulda won a ring had T.O. not %!@@%# it all up with the organization, hate to see him go down in flames like this
sick.gif

I remember that game like yesterday; I was at Wing Night at a bar during college at Penn State...man what a memory; I can't believe it's been 7 years already.

It stinks to see him struggle so bad. He has done so much with our organization and I will always appreciate McNabb. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

much respect to mcnabb never says a thing. classy dude and did a hell of alot more than he gets credit for. hof for sure

He was a top 5 qb in the 2000's, and almost never had receivers that can "get" the ball(sans TO).

Him making Freddie Mitchell seem like a beast, is something, HoF'er and maybe best qb ever.

Listen, I"m all for blacks, not just black QB's, but for everybody getting their fair share, but make no mistake about it even after "trying" to clear up your statements, McNabb doesn't and really never did stand a chance of getting into the HOF and rightfully so.  Not even just to single you out because there are, or is one NTer in here that suggested or created a thread about McNabb being a HOF possibly............but so be i, I will let that slide, just for now though.  The fact of the matter is McNabb had his chance or opportunity to TRULY suggest that he was a black QB, but when Rush Limbaugh made his statement years ago McNabb/McFRAUD chose otherwise to say that he was or accepted his role as such, but yet had the audacity to suggest black on black crime in regards to T.O. only a few months later.  With that in mind I don't even think McNabb considers himself a black QB given his comments months prior.  With that being said his mom had ever right to walk out on her son during the game Sunday night.      

much respect to mcnabb never says a thing.

Too bad he didn't speak up or say anything when WE needed him to speak up the most.

2f07s79.gif

McNabb in Philly being able to rush or scramble & throw deep the way he does with his height / weight was always
eek.gif

Not looking good for him here on out though.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Listen, I"m all for blacks, not just black QB's, but for everybody getting their fair share, but make no mistake about it even after "trying" to clear up your statements, McNabb doesn't and really never did stand a chance of getting into the HOF and rightfully so.  Not even just to single you out because there are, or is one NTer in here that suggested or created a thread about McNabb being a HOF possibly............but so be i, I will let that slide, just for now though.  The fact of the matter is McNabb had his chance or opportunity to TRULY suggest that he was a black QB, but when Rush Limbaugh made his statement years ago McNabb/McFRAUD chose otherwise to say that he was or accepted his role as such, but yet had the audacity to suggest black on black crime in regards to T.O. only a few months later.  With that in mind I don't even think McNabb considers himself a black QB given his comments months prior.  With that being said his mom had ever right to walk out on her son during the game Sunday night.      

The "I don't what I'm talking about" post.
Yeah, McNabb was a Uncle Tom, but that doesn't cancel out his play. Once again, outside of Brady and Peyton, who has CONSISTENTLY been the great in the 8 years of 2000 - 2009.

McNabb has done this, WITHOUT great receivers and a PHYSICAL(3rd and short troubles ring a bell?) running game.

It's one thing, to say McNabb is short of the HoF. However, to say he's has no shot at HoF is ridiculous. Yes, he didn't win a ring, but that is not the end all be all for players.

If rings are the deciding factor, than Trent Dilfer >>>> Steve McNair. 

It's one thing, to say McNabb is short of the HoF. However, to say he's has no shot at HoF is ridiculous. Yes, he didn't win a ring, but that is not the end all be all for players.

IMO not seein him in the HOF at all. That's not to say McNabb didn't have a fine career. I'm going strictly on HOF voter traits.

Yes it is about the rings and getting to the SB when it comes to QBs. Unless you have ridiculous numbers. The voters love that big stage.

Let's take a look at the seven QB's who have been inducted into the HOF since 2000:

Troy Aikman - 2006 (3 SB rings)
Warren Moon - 2006 (70,000+ passing yards between CFL and NFL and 5 rings in CFL)
Dan Marino - 2005 (retired as #1 in almost all passing stats)
Steve Young - 2005 (1 SB ring as starter...6 times first or second team All Pro)
John Elway - 2004 (5 times made SB....2 rings)
Jim Kelly - 2002 (4 times made SB)
Joe Montana - 2000 (4 SB rings)

That's the list.

McNabb will be looked at in that second tier of QBs....dude had a nice run. But likely not HOF material any time soon if at all.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The "I don't what I'm talking about" post.
Yeah, McNabb was a Uncle Tom, but that doesn't cancel out his play. Once again, outside of Brady and Peyton, who has CONSISTENTLY been the great in the 8 years of 2000 - 2009.

McNabb has done this, WITHOUT great receivers and a PHYSICAL(3rd and short troubles ring a bell?) running game.

The "I don't know what I'm talking about" statement applies to you champ.  My argument against McNabb not getting in the HOF has nothing to do with him not having any rings or even me seeing him as an Uncle Tom.  The fact of the matter is McNabb was an average quarterback for the most part the majority of his career, not that that's bad, but it's certainly not great, and being great is what is takes to make it into Canton.  McNabb had a 2 maybe 3 year run of being considered an above average quarterback but that was about it.  His numbers aren't impressive from a passing standpoint and he was in a West Coast style offense where the majority of his passes didn't extend past 15 yards and even with that he still managed to throw low passes or passes into the dirt.  At no point in time was McNabb considered to be a Top 3 player in his position for a long run.  Make no mistake champ, if and when for some unknown reason the name Donovan McNabb is written on a piece of paper for HOF voters to look at and consider they are going to throw that piece of paper in the trash and ask to start from scratch.    

Never been a big fan of McNabb but he was dealt a shiddy hand in the last two years in his football career.

******** were awful, the expectations for him were unreasonable. He was expected to take an awful team to the playoffs over night. Shanahan handled his situation with him so badly, the benching, lying on camera and so on.
Vikings it's amazing how sad they've looked since losing to New Orleans. Watched two of their games and you wouldn't think there's more than five players out there in purple. It looks like the team is uninterested in the game. I don't blame McNabb for their record, I've seen so many dropped passes and horrible play calls.

Duece you sound like a clown right now.  Average QBs dont lead their teams to 4 straight NFC titles with bum $!% receivers.  From 2000-2004 he was an elite QB in this league, hes not a HOF but he certainly was very good.  And hes an Uncle Tom cause he doesnt respond to Rush Limbaugh? Why even give the time to someone whos job it is to make racist, ridiculous comments.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ people saying Vick is better, get real.  Maybe if Vick finds success over the next couple year that argument can be made but as for right now Vick aint done jack #%**.

Back
Top Bottom