Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

I was always under the impression that the whole Kobe deal didn't go down was because Kobe didn't want to go to Chicago, and have basically no help (with Deng in the deal). He'd be in the same situation he was in LA at the time, having to do everything himself.

Also, I don't think you trade Noah for Melo. Quality big men are hard to find, and while Melo is a monster, how much better are the Bulls with him if Noah is gone?

At the end of the day, you need quality bigs if you want to contend for a title.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I was always under the impression that the whole Kobe deal didn't go down was because Kobe didn't want to go to Chicago, and have basically no help (with Deng in the deal). He'd be in the same situation he was in LA at the time, having to do everything himself.

Also, I don't think you trade Noah for Melo. Quality big men are hard to find, and while Melo is a monster, how much better are the Bulls with him if Noah is gone?

At the end of the day, you need quality bigs if you want to contend for a title.

he wanted to go to chicago, i remember him writing some thank you to the LA fans on his website and that it was all but a done deal he was gonna get traded.

there was an issue about the bulls roster getting gutted but the Lakers did want to move him at the time. all in all i'm sure they coulda made a trade happen but it didn't go down  which im happy that it didn't happen.

Just ask for Birdman and sign Dampier then.
laugh.gif

@ CEDRIC

You know the Kobe stuff is a myth now. Supposedly it was never close to being a reality according to radio reporters here. Then NT stories say that Pax met with Kobe in a hotel to discuss possibilities.

Paxson just falls in love with his players. Giving money to Kirk, Deng and even that whole Ben Wallace joke. We will see the same thing happen. He's gun shy and can't take the heat for not making moves as well. This is why you see the puppet known as Gar thrown out there. It's really sad. Reinsdorf owns a great organization in the White Sox with an aggressive GM while his other team the Bulls continues to work with this Mangina.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by bittersweet

ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg wrote:

Chicago still a loser in all of this cuz they wouldn't let Noah go. Yes, Joakim (no offensive threat) Noah. Rose, Boozer and Melo is far more of a threat than Melo, Lopez and Farmar
laugh.gif
No, we aren't a loser. Do you seriously think it would make sense for us to trade Noah, Deng, Gibson, and possibly someone else for Melo?
Given that he's only coming for a year & us NOT KNOWING if he's going to sign an extension?

So we trade all those dudes - Melo stays for a year & leaves. What would we have?

You sound crazy as hell.
You think anybody is trading for Carmelo without his prior commitment to sign an extension?
laugh.gif
That's my point. People think Chicago is so nuts for not giving up Noah ... but it's obvious why.
Why is it obvious? Why? Plz explain?

Obviously CHI wouldn't trade for Melo if he didn't sign the extension 1st (which Melo would do in a heartbeat). The bulls ARE NUTS not giving up Noah for Melo.....NUTS!!!
this is the same team that didn't wanna give up luol deng in a potential trade for kobe back in 2007

kobe wanted to come here to play with deng why would he be included in the trade......,.

^ thats the same thing that was said over and over and i still to this day do not believe it.

i think chicago just values their players way too much.

people on this board use to be all over ben gordon and deng's nuts and dudes werent even thatgood. who remember how dudes use to call gordon ben jordan? or that deng was the next grant hill? or kirk hinrich was what? cooked crack coke??? who remember that?
laugh.gif

PLUS this time around dude it aint even the same situation.

you give up noah and you still have a core of rose, boozer, and melo. with kurt at center, taj or johnson, and korver and brewer at the 2 guard. if you have a chance to do that you do it 10 times out of 10...

you would be serious contenders...

franchise3 wrote:

franchise ive been on this board for a loooooooooooooong time and this was by far your worst post
laugh.gif

you are acting like noah is dwight frickin howard
laugh.gif

you have boozer, thomas, and either gibson or johnson. also they could get that bum dampier aswell. also dontthey have that rookie they drafted?

you are talking about a top 5 player now who a couple years back was top 3 who also is arguably the best offensive player in the game....

it's not noah, it's deng

noah is about to get paid a bit under 60 million. then add that deng's terrible contract. how does denver build around that

Our F.O is TRUNKING us, and has been since Money left... I'm low key tight I'm a fan of this organization, they take our loyalty for granted.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Our F.O is TRUNKING us, and has been since Money left... I'm low key tight I'm a fan of this organization, they take our loyalty for granted.
30t6p3b.gif

& have been every yr since mj left

*waits for the atlanta hawks to offer crawford, marvin, and future draft picks for melo*

But realistically, the Bulls have to work the deal out. Melo on the Bulls means that the east will be a dogfight for the next 5 or 6 years between the Heat, Bulls, and Knicks(after Chris Paul comes)

So I was just watching espn, and they were talking about the Nuggets media day along with the whole Carmelo situation. They said that the Nuggets were in talks with the Warriors now, nothing serious tho, but I also heard the espn anchor bring up Steph Curry.

My question for those who know a lot more about all of this than I do is, would the Warriors include Steph Curry in a trade for Melo?

I'm sure there are 29 teams trying to get on the phone with Denver right now. None of them matter unless they will be involved in a 3+ team trade (i.e. they will not be getting Melo in the deal), unless it's a team Melo would sign an extension with. by the way, he apparently DID show up to media day in Denver this morning...

and why would Denver want Curry?  we already have a short point guard in Ty Lawson who is honestly a much better player to build with than Curry since he's more of a true PG and not an undersized 2 guard. 

also, others are basically saying that since Melo showed up today that the Nets deal isn't going down. I'm not sure how automatic that is, but I hope it's not true.  if Melo stays in Denver this season, Denver is completely screwed and won't get nearly as good a deal as NJ offered when they trade him by the deadline.  I mean, if by some miracle he decides to give Denver another chance, sign the offer, that would be something...  I still think nothing is better than the NJ deal now and no deal will be better than that in the future. 

also, others are basically saying that since Melo showed up today that the Nets deal isn't going down. I'm not sure how automatic that is, but I hope it's true
pimp.gif

Why isn't Dumars trying to get Melo??? Tayshaun, Ben Gordon or Rip can go...even Charlie V!

Why isn't Dumars trying to get Melo??? Tayshaun, Ben Gordon or Rip can go...even Charlie V!

Back
Top Bottom