Melo Trade To Hornets??EDIT- CP3 SAYS TO MELO PLAYING FOR HORNETS IS THE MOST REALISTIC OPPORTUNITY

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by AB Doom

Why isn't Dumars trying to get Melo??? Tayshaun, Ben Gordon or Rip can go...even Charlie V!
Because no one wants Tay, Gordon/his contract, or Rip.

as bad as that sounds it correct dumars knows hes stuck with cv,gordon,tp & rip for the next 3-4 yrs

Why isn't Dumars trying to get Melo??? Tayshaun, Ben Gordon or Rip can go...even Charlie V!

as bad as that sounds it correct dumars knows hes stuck with cv,gordon,tp & rip for the next 3-4 yrs

why in the hell would denver want anything to do with big contracts and old players if they're dealing their superstar?  we need young talent/picks/expiring contracts if anything. 

edit: nevermind I'm on crack, long day. 

Denver is about to get Lebroned though.  Knicks fans gonna cream themselves next summer. 

Originally Posted by windycity7

also take into effect that the team is up for sale. no one is going to give melo that extension. dumars had to sign all those guys because it was the last time the owner was going to OK any extra funds going out.

Lets be serious, Melo knows what he's doing

People talk about Hova as being part owner of the Nets, but Jay has no pull in the NBA.
The only thing Jay does for the Nets is give them publicity  and thats because of himself.
In all honesty, Jay is worthless to the Nets, and i'm a hova fan myself, but when it comes to basketball dude is worthless.
Nets wont be good for another 4-5 years, and thats just being a contender in the playoffs.

My prediction, Melo plays whe whole season with the Nuggets, becomes a free agent, and signs with the Knicks

People talk about Hova as being part owner of the Nets, but Jay has no pull in the NBA.
The only thing Jay does for the Nets is give them publicity  and thats because of himself.
In all honesty, Jay is worthless to the Nets, and i'm a hova fan myself, but when it comes to basketball dude is worthless.
Nets wont be good for another 4-5 years, and thats just being a contender in the playoffs.

My prediction, Melo plays whe whole season with the Nuggets, becomes a free agent, and signs with the Knicks

What does Jay-Z have to do with anything at all?

and by the way, while you may be right abotu Melo signing with NY as a FA, that New York team is not going to win anything.  D'Antoni 8 second offense plus a bunch of star players that don't play any defense is not going to get you to the finals. 

Just posted in the general thread

Anthony to the Nets is dead. Per Netsdaily.com

Originally Posted by denverairforce

and by the way, while you may be right abotu Melo signing with NY as a FA, that New York team is not going to win anything.  D'Antoni 8 second offense plus a bunch of star players that don't play any defense is not going to get you to the finals. 

someone is mad. And D'Antoni was a hip check away from winning one a couple of years ago

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

I agree with most of what you said except for the point about Melo finishing the season with the Nuggets. Where Melo finishes the season is completely out of his hands because he doesnt have a no trade clause. The Nuggets could very well trade Melo to any team that offers them the best package sometime during this season and Melo would be used as a rental player for a team with playoff aspirations.

The way things look though, Melo is content on letting his contract expire and then sign as a UFA next season. I'm not so sure he'd sign with the Knicks but it'd make sense due to the market, style of play, upside and the possibility of CP3 joining in 2012. Maybe the Nuggets hold onto Melo the entire season and then sign-and-trade him in July.

LosALMIGHTY wrote:
denverairforce wrote:

someone is mad. And D'Antoni was a hip check away from winning one a couple of years ago

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude DEFENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

LosALMIGHTY wrote:
denverairforce wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

what's so funny? team defense is more important than individual but a good offense always trumps a good defense, especially with NBA rules.

and what bunch of star players is denverairforce referring too, he sounds salty that Carmelo is leaving, as if the nuggets had great team defense
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

LosALMIGHTY wrote:
denverairforce wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So does Spell Check.
2010060400001733.jpg

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by denverairforce

D'Antoni is a terrible coach.

i just saw money flash before my eyes if the Hornets land melo...i got extra heat tickets to sell already and I already copped my laker tickets...this wud be so much win

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

i just saw money flash before my eyes if the Hornets land melo...i got extra heat tickets to sell already and I already copped my laker tickets...this wud be so much win
indifferent.gif

The Hornets have some of the least assets in the entire league. That %#$! would NEVER happen.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Hornets have some of the least assets in the entire league. That %#$! would NEVER happen.

indifferent.gif

But nah if Demps pulled this off man ol man. I doubt it goes down though as I doubted we would traded CP3 away but here is to hoping.

what is the point of the stoneface when he is telling the truth?

the hornets have nothing to give up that denver would want

^yea thats true....Ariza Okafor frist two come to mind but Denver got bigs...n Ariza + more pieces still aint appealing

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by Buc Em

indifferent.gif

But nah if Demps pulled this off man ol man. I doubt it goes down though as I doubted we would traded CP3 away but here is to hoping.
Here are your assets....Joe Alexander, Marco Bellinelli, Aaron Gray, Willie Green, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Jannero Pargo, Quincy Pondexter, Mustafa Shakur, Jason Smith, DJ Strawberry, Darryl Watkins....assuming you want to keep your only decent players in CP3, Ariza, David West, Peja, Okafor and Thorton.

Back
Top Bottom