Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers: LAC Advances 4-3

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by ill steelo

And only two mentions since
30t6p3b.gif

He played his %$% off with a dog +++@ team last year and won two games from the Lakers.  He could easily steal games on his own and he will.  Clippers in 6-7.
Derek Fisher, Steve Blake & Kobe on a bad knee won't be guarding him in this series though.

And?  He still did a damn good job during the year against them when Conley/OJ/Allen were guarding him. 
He shot 39%  for 19 ppg in 3 games against the Grizz this year. The only bright spot was that he wasn't turning it over.

They'll need him to be a much much better scorer if they hope to win because the cupboard is bare outside of him & Griffin

Derek Fisher, Steve Blake & Kobe on a bad knee won't be guarding him in this series though.

And?  He still did a damn good job during the year against them when Conley/OJ/Allen were guarding him. 
He shot 39%  for 19 ppg in 3 games against the Grizz this year. The only bright spot was that he wasn't turning it over.

They'll need him to be a much much better scorer if they hope to win because the cupboard is bare outside of him & Griffin
Yea, Chris Herrington brought this up in the article I posted. 
In the 1st matchup, TA didn't guard CP3 much. The only time I remember him guarding him was with about 3-4 minutes left in the game. The 2nd game wasn't a good showing for Memphis. The 3rd game, I saw a mixture of Conley, OJ and TA guarding him. A little more Conley/OJ than anything, though.

The Clippers have so many streaky shooters that a bad 1st quarter from their perimeter guys may determine what kinda night they will have. Game 1 will determine a lot. If CP3 and crew come out and steal Game 1, the series will probably end up going 7. If Memphis takes care of business in Game 1, I think it goes 5.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The Blake Griffin love got way too far last year and this year the hate has gone way too far the other way.  Dudes acting like the guy is a scrub when he put up 20-10 on better than 50% from the field.  He still has holes in his game sure but people really going a little far talking about being exposed.
Well said.

I think Blake's going to put about his regular season numbers in this series.  CP3 will be great as always. Its going to come down to who else can step up for the Clippers. If they can get decent production from Butler and Foye and either Mo or Young off the bench, I think we take the series in 6.  Really looking forward to Sunday.   

grizz in 5.... besides chris paul they suck.... yes blake griffin too... if he aint dunking the ball he is not scoring he has no foot work no post up game coaching is not that good either

I can agree with the both of you there, well said. I just don't wanna doubt CP3 as much as I'm rooting for Memphis. I don't think they shut him down maybe just contain him in spurts.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

Clippers look absolutely lost offensively sometimes. Blake just isn't as good as the League tries to make him out to be.
The statistics are laughing at you.
You must be one of those guys that just look at stats and never really pay attention to watching the game. The Clippers whole offense is Chris Paul, nobody can create their own shot effectively. It gets even worse in the 4th quarter. If Tony Allen goes all out defensively on Chris Paul, that Clippers offense will be destroyed. Your opinion is invalid, btw.

THE Best 1 round match-up.

Very interesting to see the end of the first game's outcome and follow up.

CLIPS in 6. Won't be easy.

Clippers look absolutely lost offensively sometimes. Blake just isn't as good as the League tries to make him out to be.
You must be one of those guys that just look at stats and never really pay attention to watching the game. The Clippers whole offense is Chris Paul, nobody can create their own shot effectively. It gets even worse in the 4th quarter. If Tony Allen goes all out defensively on Chris Paul, that Clippers offense will be destroyed. Your opinion is invalid, btw.

Blake went in the last couple games against great defensive players (J. Smooth & Tyson Chandler). He is definitely coming in to his own offensively. Now if only he could play the amazing defense he should be capable of playing...
grin.gif

laugh.gif

You said they can't score yet somehow they finished 4th in offensive rating. Not an opinion, and very valid.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Pretty much what was posted on another board.

Obviously, Paul makes them better a team simply through his scoring, leadership, and clutch play. They were a lottery last year and this year they are 4 or 5 seed in the West. And it's possible that Paul's production affects the other players' production (e.g., Blake doesn't need to score as much).

However, I'm a little surprised that Paul's presence doesn't seem to have translated into other players being better. We've always hear that pgs like Paul make his teammates, and that certain players are beneficiaries of playing with Paul (we've heard this about Nash, and there seems to be more truth to that).

In fact, look at the fg percentages of the key guys on the team apart from Blake and Jordan (Blake's fg% is up a this year, Jordon's is down, but both are very high). Mo Wil is at 43%. Young is at 39%. Foye is at 39%. Butler is at 41%. Martin is at 44%. Bledsoe is at 40%. And Simmons is at 31%. Those are the guys who get the most minutes. And Billips before he got hurt shot 36%.

OJ is the only Griz with heavy minutes with a fg percentage in the same range. He shoots 41% (Conley is at 44%, and Gilbert is at 43%, but his minutes are pretty low).

This may be why the Hawks let Paul/Blake score 70pts on them and still won the game. Nobody else on the team is that dangerous, and Paul doesn't seem to make them better.
This is a good example of using statistics to ignore part of the story. Those fg% stats compared to the Grizzlies fg% stats are worthless if you don't take into account what kind of shots are being taken. The Clippers attempt way more 3s per game than Memphis, and make them at a higher clip. What happened in April and what happened in the season series with the 3pt% is relevant to an extent, but still small sample sizes.

IMO the key for the Clippers throughout the season has been the outside shooting. If Foye, Williams, Butler and Young are making shots, they can be almost impossible to beat. If not, they become very beatable and have to get stops to win, and they haven't shown any willingness to spend a bunch of energy trying to defend in the regular season.

RT @RyanBurrESPN Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro says that Chris Paul "will be limited" in the Clippers' Game 1 matchup with Memphis.

nerd.gif

i

Time to sick Tony Allen on Chris Paul for the entire game.

Pretty much what was posted on another board.

Obviously, Paul makes them better a team simply through his scoring, leadership, and clutch play. They were a lottery last year and this year they are 4 or 5 seed in the West. And it's possible that Paul's production affects the other players' production (e.g., Blake doesn't need to score as much).

However, I'm a little surprised that Paul's presence doesn't seem to have translated into other players being better. We've always hear that pgs like Paul make his teammates, and that certain players are beneficiaries of playing with Paul (we've heard this about Nash, and there seems to be more truth to that).

In fact, look at the fg percentages of the key guys on the team apart from Blake and Jordan (Blake's fg% is up a this year, Jordon's is down, but both are very high). Mo Wil is at 43%. Young is at 39%. Foye is at 39%. Butler is at 41%. Martin is at 44%. Bledsoe is at 40%. And Simmons is at 31%. Those are the guys who get the most minutes. And Billips before he got hurt shot 36%.

OJ is the only Griz with heavy minutes with a fg percentage in the same range. He shoots 41% (Conley is at 44%, and Gilbert is at 43%, but his minutes are pretty low).

This may be why the Hawks let Paul/Blake score 70pts on them and still won the game. Nobody else on the team is that dangerous, and Paul doesn't seem to make them better.
This is a good example of using statistics to ignore part of the story. Those fg% stats compared to the Grizzlies fg% stats are worthless if you don't take into account what kind of shots are being taken. The Clippers attempt way more 3s per game than Memphis, and make them at a higher clip. What happened in April and what happened in the season series with the 3pt% is relevant to an extent, but still small sample sizes.

IMO the key for the Clippers throughout the season has been the outside shooting. If Foye, Williams, Butler and Young are making shots, they can be almost impossible to beat. If not, they become very beatable and have to get stops to win, and they haven't shown any willingness to spend a bunch of energy trying to defend in the regular season.
QFT, if the Clips have at least 2 of those 4 hitting from outside, they are very tough to beat.  And in regards to their defense, one thing that works in the Clips favor is that they typically have trouble defending the 3 pt line, and teams that whip the ball around the perimeter.  While Memphis is solid offensively, they don't necessarily excel at those two things.
With that said, it will be a very tough series but I see the Clips winning one in Memphis and taking it in 6.

Originally Posted by PMatic

RT @RyanBurrESPN Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro says that Chris Paul "will be limited" in the Clippers' Game 1 matchup with Memphis.

nerd.gif
i

Time to sick Tony Allen on Chris Paul for the entire game.

So he can get that %*% torched all night?
laugh.gif

CP way too quick for that ******ed %*% **$*!.

Clips in 5... leggo

Blake 23 12 4
CP3   22  5  13

Realistic Clips fan here.

Praying that we win in 7.

One the road against one of the hottest teams in the league in the last month? 5 games? Not happening.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Realistic Clips fan here.

Praying that we win in 7.

One the road against one of the hottest teams in the league in the last month? 5 games? Not happening.

ooze some of that realism on ya buddy up there

Back
Top Bottom