Mens Hygiene.. what are you using? so fresh and so cleannn cleannn..

I use this for my facial wash and some korean product my girl gets from overseas as a moisturizer.

this wash keeps you from stripping all the moisture from your face which would lead to an increase in oil production

Last edited:
Just don't rinse it off into any of your plumbing.

That clay will harden & clog up your pipes.

I haven't used the mask in weeks because while it gives great results, it's not therapeutic whatsoever...

I put it on, have to rinse out the bowl I used to mix it before it hardens, I then spend like 10 mins lounging before I have to rinse it off outside & then I have to rinse out the bowl I used to go outside & rinse my mask off with.

Too much work.

I'm just using African Black Soap + St. Ives Apricot Scrub for exfoliating purposes.

yea The Clay Mask you should probably only do 1-2 times a month for a deep cleaning,and Raw Black Soap 2 times a day (once in shower, and another time if you wash your face separately during the day ie. get home from work, or in AM before you leave house assuming you shower at night.

Im in the gym everyday so automatically im drinking a gallon of water a day , my diet is clean , eat 6-8 meals a day , veggies & greens included since im on a cut , i was using bio oil for a while but that stuff is trash i might have to look into that JO is there a specific brand you would recommend ? yea i was using the ABS twice a day when i wake up and at night before i go to sleep .

So use ABS (Twice a week ) (One time during the day ) then throw in the Fugazi for the rest of the week ?
This is the exact one I use as far as JO is concerned:

View media item 1906161
Regarding the frequency of ABS usage, I'm currently using it 2x a week ( I like to use it at night so if it makes my face a little dry it doesn't matter because I'm going to bed anyway) & the Apricot Scrub 1x a week. Once I finish the AS, I might just do ABS 3x a week...

Still undecided if I want to buy more of the AS.

I use ABS twice a day and I haven't noticed anything wrong so how's that overkill?
Everyone's skin is different.

Kev seems to have sensitive skin (like me) that is prone to dryness so my post was stated with that in mind.

Plus from the research I've done on ABS, a lot of ppl have said don't use it daily due to its exfoliating properties. You don't want to be rubbing off skin cells every single day. That can lead to irritation & flaky skin.

In the end though, if something works for you then keep doing what ya do.

Last edited:
Men been using the raw African black soap every other day (& the fake one every other day ), so far this thing has my face 2 different colors , I think I'm just gonna use the cvs Shea moisture African black soap & call it a day .
I know a lot of people that this has happened to and i'm really interested in what makes this happen lol. Fools be out here looking like Vybz Kartel

who has some exfoliating tips for facial hair specifically for ingrown hairs? :nerd:
I can't really give you exfoliating tips but i can tell you that Jamaican Black Castor Oil helped get rid of razor bumps quicker than anything i've ever used before. **** got me out here glowing fam :lol:

For ingrown hairs in my beard I just pluck them. Makes the bump on my face disappear and I don't have random coarse hair in my beard anymore.

Dropping in here to say that Dollar Shave Club Razors are trash. I don't even get facial hair like that and I cut my face to hell every time I use them. They must've switched up the manufacturing process or are using different materials than they used to, because I don't ever remember them being this bad. Taking my talents back to Gillette. Guess you get what you pay for :lol:.

Last edited:
I switched to a safety razor years ago and I've never considered anything else.

One razor for like 20-30 bucks, a hundred pack of blades for 10 bucks. That's it. 3-4 shaves per blade, that's a year's worth of shaves (if you shave everyday) for 10 dollars plus a razor that will last you forever. A brush is another 15 dollar investment that will last years.. add in a high quality shaving soap for 12-15 bucks that again.. will last over a year.

I've had the same razor since like 2010, I'm on my second brush since then, had the same pack of blades for over a year, and not even halfway through my shaving cream that's lasted me 8+ months. I'll probably spend about ten dollars total on shaving this year.

Amazon product ASIN B000NL0T1G
I've had it for 6 years, no issues.. $20

Amazon product ASIN B003WR3QSG
$12

Amazon product ASIN B0007MW2ZW
One of my personal favorites, $15

Or you can go with this Amazon product ASIN B00H8A2KSU
Amazon product ASIN B00837YY18
Or Proraso.. there's tons of options for shaving soaps/creams. 10-15 bucks can get you a variety of scents, oils, ingredients, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QY8QXM/?tag=niketalk0e-20

$10 for 100 razor blades

Add 5-10 bucks for a shaving bowl (or just use a coffee mug or whatever) and that's the essentials. On my shaving days (every other day), I'll use an apricot scrub (or whatever scrub you prefer). I follow it up with Every Man Jack After Shave Lotion and beard oil since I've been rocking the beard for a year and a half or so now.

If you want to step up, you can use a pre-shave oil that's helpful as well. I liked Proraso for that when I was using it. 

Last edited:
Yep, same one as I use. I prefer the longer handle and it's more comfortable.

I even have an older one my mom bought for me in an antique shop. Still works good and it's like 40 years old.

It's a higher initial investment than buying a pack of Gilette razors and a can of Edge shaving gel, but it's a FAR superior shave and long term you'll save money.

Thanks alot fellas :pimp:. My beard game is very weak but that's perfect for me anyway - I prefer a clean shaven baby faced look :lol:. Definitely gonna look into all of those products.

That clay mask OK to use over your beard or is it best to apply around it?

Bio oil is good but I don't use it as a moisturizer... Will have to look into Kiehls face moisturizer

Bio oil is good but I don't use it as a moisturizer... Will have to look into Kiehls face moisturizer

By no means do I have a beard, but I do grow significant facial hair in the goatee area and I've applied it over that before when it hasn't been too long. It's tough to get out that's for sure.

I too have gone the safety razor route and I will never use anything other from here on out. I only shave maybe once a month or whenever I am going to a special event. But as stated above, the blades, cream, etc will last over a year depending on use.

Last edited:

I don't have a beard but I do have a goatee (that doesn't connect :frown: ) & it's safe to use on that.

Might be a little bit of a hassle with a beard but you don't have to worry about it leaving patches on your beard if that's what you're worried about.

Thanks for the input fellas, I guess my biggest fear would be having to rake out some dry clay from my beard, and that just doesn't sound all that fun to me. I'll try it once and see how it goes.

Im trying to narrow down these products I use on me face. For example, Kiehls has a facial cleanser, energizing face wash, energizing face scrub, and of course their 'facial fuel' 
mean.gif
 Cmon bruh...just give me the real, all this other **** gonna have a ***** washing his face for an hour at a time

Back
Top Bottom