Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

The cutscenes make the game. The gameplay is an added bonus to me.

Anyone else get kinda depressed throughout the storyline of MGS4? Seeing Snake become old and weak and still busting his @#$ for everyone else...One of the best characters of all time

Liquid only cared to surpass Big Boss and to prove he was better than Solid.

Solidus only wanted to be remembered in history since he was sterile (all 3 are) and could'nt really leave behind a "legacy".
Also fought against The Patriots, but was the most ruthless of the 3 Snakes.

Solid was just trying to live after the betrayal of Big Boss earlier in his military career (Outer Heaven Uprising and the  Zanzibar Land Disturbance).
But he kept getting called back to save the world, and after awhile saw that this was the best way to live.

What I like about this series is that no one is really good or really bad (except for Volgin. the sadistic bastard).
All just shades of grey...

Oh and Big Boss>Solid Snake. 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

What I like about this series is that no one is really good or really bad (except for Volgin. the sadistic bastard).
All just shades of grey...

I'd say Solid Snake is really good. At first he didn't care, but from MGS2 when he joined Otacon to prevent the spread of Metal Gears he changed.

I'd say Solid Snake is really good. At first he didn't care, but from MGS2 when he joined Otacon to prevent the spread of Metal Gears he changed.

Remember when Mantis:

He stated that he never really agreed with Liquid's revolution, only that he wanted the chance to kill as many people as he could. However, he went on to say he was "not so bad," in comparison to Snake, saying that the legendary soldier was even worse than Liquid himself, stating that Snake is true evil.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Psycho_Mantis

Why would he lie?  He opened the door for him, why would he help him and then lie?

Snake in MGS1 was indifferent to people, he didn't really reason to fight not until MGS2 where he found one (The Patriots).

He only gave a damn for himself, but he was never as bad as Liquid and Solidus.

I remember someone mentioning terrorist like acts from Snake and Otacon, which is why they were on the run.

Yall realize it says 
Kojima himself discusses plans for Metal Gear Solid 5
he's discussing plans...........they havent even started making the game.........they probably dont even have a concept of what they wanna do down............this game wont come out for at least 4 years.

I bought MS4 when it released years ago. Still in the wrapping.
30t6p3b.gif

I think I posted that statement in a previous thread awhile back.
laugh.gif

Anyone else get kinda depressed throughout the storyline of MGS4? Seeing Snake become old and weak and still busting his @#$ for everyone else...One of the best characters of all time

Solid was just trying to live after the betrayal of Big Boss earlier in his military career (Outer Heaven Uprising and the  Zanzibar Land Disturbance).

Wrong.

Remember when Mantis:

He stated that he never really agreed with Liquid's revolution, only that he wanted the chance to kill as many people as he could. However, he went on to say he was "not so bad," in comparison to Snake, saying that the legendary soldier was even worse than Liquid himself, stating that Snake is true evil.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Psycho_Mantis

Why would he lie?  He opened the door for him, why would he help him and then lie?

Snake in MGS1 was indifferent to people, he didn't really reason to fight not until MGS2 where he found one (The Patriots).

He only gave a damn for himself, but he was never as bad as Liquid and Solidus.

I remember someone mentioning terrorist like acts from Snake and Otacon, which is why they were on the run.
I agree with you that Snake in MGS1 was indifferent, but the reason why he was isolated from everyone else was because he was betrayed by Big Boss and was suffering from PTSD. All of that is what made him cold hearted  And the Psycho Mantis quote is referring to Solid Snake actually enjoying fighting and battling, which is evil in a sense I guess. Snake and Otacon were on the run because they got framed for blowing up the tanker (when the cypher photographed Snake on the deck). Before that, Snake was regarded as hero after Shadow Moses. The "terrorist" part came from Raiden, I forgot which scene he said that in though.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Wrong.

Although he promised to have Christmas dinner with Holly White after the mission, he ended up disappearing into the wilderness after the debriefing. He also declined on Roy Campbell's request that he rejoin FOXHOUND, stating his belief that his nightmares were over.

Following the conclusion of Operation Intrude F014, Snake returned to North America and retired to an Alaskan wilderness retreat, Twin Lakes. By this time, the military had deemed that Snake had committed several acts of misconduct during his career, enough for him to serve a lengthy prison sentence, should he be brought to account.

Snake was called back to the U.S. military in 2005 when he was deployed by his former commander Roy Campbell to Shadow Moses Island. However, he wasn't too happy with Campbell for how he decided to call him back into service, since he sent armed soldiers to his doorstep in a manner that seemed like they wanted to capture him and also they strip searched him as well taking all his weapons away from him.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Solid_Snake

He was chilling in Alaska for 6 years before basically forced into taking down Liquid.

I agree with you that Snake in MGS1 was indifferent, but the reason why he was isolated from everyone else was because he was betrayed by Big Boss and was suffering from PTSD. All of that is what made him cold hearted  And the Psycho Mantis quote is referring to Solid Snake actually enjoying fighting and battling, which is evil in a sense I guess. Snake and Otacon were on the run because they got framed for blowing up the tanker (when the cypher photographed Snake on the deck). Before that, Snake was regarded as hero after Shadow Moses. The "terrorist" part came from Raiden, I forgot which scene he said that in though.
I forgot about his PTSD.
Wasn't he always a bit cold?

He was in training his whole life, that must have affected somehow.

Oh and Solidus or Liquid? 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by theekinqq

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

To everyone that's saying " hope snake will be on it " what happen to him? (xbox fan but I do like this franchise, never played part 4 )

he died at the end from foxdie virus i believe, or was it og big boss that died. i dont quite remember. i know they both met at end and one died, or both. who knows, gonna go replay lol
Big Boss died. Snake did not.

I knew this wasn't over, not because the Patriots were shut down.
If I remember correctly:
Spoiler [+]
didn't snake only have six months to live at the end of four due to his cellular degeneration?
frown.gif

nawlinsjunkie wrote:
Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Both are definitely worth it. MGS4 is the best of the series, IMO. Didn't mind going through the 34535352342 hour long cut scenes, either. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And yeah, it was Big Boss that died in the end. Snake just ended up old.

The microwave tunnel part near the end almost brought me to tears because i couldn't push the button fast enough.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

but then again, the scene outside the tunnel was one of my favorites of the game.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

If its a PS3 exclusive
eek.gif

why are people still stuck on that exclusive tag? 
laugh.gif

why does it matter if its exclusive? bragging rights? what thee %*#% lol

I forgot about his PTSD.
Wasn't he always a bit cold?

He was in training his whole life, that must have affected somehow.

Oh and Solidus or Liquid? 
happy.gif
That's a hard question. Both of them wanted to take down the Patriots but for their own selfish reasons.I guess Liquid is worse since he resulted in all of those Marine deaths in the Tanker Incident.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
was i the only person a bit taken aback by raiden's two toed platform heels?  i know he could carry stuff around with them like monkey's feet, but c'mon man.

Ninja_Raiden.jpg

Back
Top Bottom