Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed

the crazy codec sequences were awesome on MGS2. gameplay was disusting. excellent boss fights. I got annoyed when I kept having to hunt in MGS3. I agree with you that it was kind of annoying that I hardly played as snake. That took alot of balls Hideo

one of my ownly gripes about MGS4 is that they severely limited the codec

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by PraVokal

MGS3 = one of the greatest games in the history of man.
This

Pushed the PS2 to its limit...................

Having to hunt your food, we got to meet the BOSS, and you cant kill Ocelot because there would be no MGS 1.....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To the ppl who like MGS 2?!?!?!?!? Crazy Codec cutscences, Naked Raiden? GF buggin him on the codec? Dark (As in the display) game...............Barely any Solid Snake?   MGS 2 is like the Blueprint 2, way too many things going on after a superb, classic, groundbreaking predecessor.........
I know it sounds crazy but MGS2 is my favorite metal gear game.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Minister

This

Having to hunt your food, we got to meet the BOSS, and you cant kill Ocelot because there would be no MGS 1.....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To the ppl who like MGS 2?!?!?!?!? Crazy Codec cutscences, Naked Raiden? GF buggin him on the codec? Dark (As in the display) game...............Barely any Solid Snake?   MGS 2 is like the Blueprint 2, way too many things going on after a superb, classic, groundbreaking predecessor.........
I no it sounds crazy but MGS2 is my favorite metal gear game.
laugh.gif

I played MGS2 before MGS1 or MGS3 so naturally 2 is my favorite. 
laugh.gif

I use to own the fat guy on the rollerblades. 

Originally Posted by The Minister

This

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know it sounds crazy but MGS2 is my favorite metal gear game.
laugh.gif
The codec dialogue was too much at the end, but MGS2's gameplay and graphics were AMAZING. So far ahead of its time
sick.gif
Honestly the story is easier to grasp if you've played MGS4, but it's still interesting on its own regardless. I don't get how people didn't get it at ALL.

Anyways just picked up the HD Collection. Played MGS 2 all night
pimp.gif
I've played this game at least 20 times throughout my lifetime and it's still just as exciting

MGS1 was the best one... the sequels were trying to recapture that magic but failed... Foxhound> Dead Cell and those weird female bots in MGS4

The story became soooo convoluted and weird... Akiba and his bowel movement problems being a major plot line including flashbacks and the whole nine? Cmon man...

Originally Posted by 0cks

MGS1 was the best one... the sequels were trying to recapture that magic but failed... Foxhound> Dead Cell and those weird female bots in MGS4

The story became soooo convoluted and weird... Akiba and his bowel movement problems being a major plot line including flashbacks and the whole nine? Cmon man...

Yea, I'm not gonna argue that MGS1 was the best. I got it off PSN a few months back and it was STILL amazing even with the disgusting graphics and awkward controls. The later games had weird @#$%, but I gave that @#$% a pass based due to how weird Japanese culture is in general
laugh.gif

Yeah, for me, MGS1 was the best... given that at the time, this type of story-telling and cinematics were unheard of in a video game!

haha, the graphics weren't disgusting back then!

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

RE over MGS? Nahhhhh

I'll take MGS story and gameplay over RE's clumsy %$@ controls any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I bought a PS3 solely to play MGS4 then sold it after I was done with it
eek.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

lmfao I thought I was the only person who did this too...I am an AVID PC gamer...but before the computer...I was always on the stix

playing Playstation. Now I gotta buy another PS3....again...for the 3rd time..just to play this and GTAV if it does not get released on 

PC for release day 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

we were bamboozled
Last week, we reported that an Official PlayStation Magazine article revealed concrete plans for Metal Gear Solid 5, with Hideo Kojima at the helm. New quotes have emerged from the magazine that make the news seem a bit less ... solid.

Rather than boldly announcing that MGS 5 is happening, Kojima told the magazine that "I think we'll probably have to make it at some point, but what that will be, we have no idea." And rather than taking on the director job right away Kojima is, as ever, trying to free himself from Metal Gear. "As far as my involvement in the project is concerned, [it] probably won't be as much as it was with MGS1 - maybe I can do just one stage!" he said. Kojima told OPM that if he has other Kojima Productions staff make a game from the start, he won't have to step in to preserve his vision.

So the announcement no longer specifies a definite Metal Gear Solid 5, and no longer confirms Kojima directing it. We'll just have to go back to assuming both of those things.
[/url]

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

I still want the original MG games to be remade.

this. and for MGS4 to get ported over to the 360...no matter how many disc it takes(on some FF VIII and FF IX steez)
anybody cop the MGS Collection for the 360?...its a struggle to find some people to do co-op with 
eyes.gif

GT: iMcNeilly

First off, a rumor that quickly surfaced after the game's unveiling: Rising is a proper sequel in the Metal Gear Solid saga. This, according to the Kojipro official Twitter, is not the case. "We've only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can't say more than this."

Quote: 
The original Rising was announced as a game where you can chop up anything. The development staff quickly created just that. However, they felt that this alone would be insufficient.

The original Rising got to the point where the staff no longer knew what the core of the game should be. At some point, Kojima said that the project probably would not be able to be completed. However, the staff insisted that it could be done. In the end, they cancelled the project. At this point, they'd already fleshed out many areas outside of the game design component, like the story and the motion capture.

One day, Kojima leaned that members of Platinum Games had come to the Kojima Productions studio. Platinum said that it's unfortunate that the game was in a half done state. They were excited about the project that they took over.

Platinum suggested the concept of "a game where it feels so good to chop things up that you would die" (I think my translation may be weird here — "It's so good that you die" is just a Japanese way of saying it's amazingly good.)

The title was changed because the game is different from the Metal Gear Solid series. It's a new Metal Gear.

Hideki Kamiya is not the game's director. The director will be announced later.

When restarting the project, they were originally going to use the original story. After Platinum received the data from Kojima Productions, they said they wanted to remake the story.

http://andriasang.com/comzba/mg_rising_details/#

Anyone else turned off by the fact that this game is looking so unlike MGS? I am, but its a must buy regardless, they have never done me wrong

Rising looks more like Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry than Metal Gear but I aint even mad....stylistic action games are my s_.

Been waiting on this game forever.

Back
Top Bottom