Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

My Snake is running around with big horn on the side of his head

Any way to get rid of this?:lol:

It's not a horn. It's a piece of shrapnel that couldn't be removed.

Question:
That was Quiet that tried to kill him in the hospital, right?

Just a question for Yall.
The last MGS I played was Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty for Ps2

I loved it
The plot, the gameplay, and the setting

Is this new metal gear solid kinda like it? If not, which On my way is? I have a Ps4 by the way

Not sure who the girl was? But its not quiet because the one in the hospital was speaking
It was Quiet.  Quiet can speak, but just not English or she'll die. This started after she got burned in the hospital.

On top of the insane ending the game gives you like 12 plot related casettes to listen to but STILL doesn't wrap up the plot satisfactorily in my opinion...bruh. so many questions, about Ocelot, Miller, about Big Boss, FOXHOUND....[emoji]128555[/emoji]

Kojima NEEDS to remake MG 1 and 2 like he expressed interest in doing so this nappy mess of a plot can be resolved once and for all

Last edited:
Best game play of any Metal Gear I've ever played but it's the worst story by far.

Feeling hype and disappointment at the same time is a strange feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: wr
Best game play of any Metal Gear I've ever played but it's the worst story by far.

Feeling hype and disappointment at the same time is a strange feeling.

Same here , I still think mgs3 is the best in the series , if only twin snakes came out on something other than the GameCube

Never played Twin Snakes but I watched a few videos on Youtube and the they ruined alot of my favorite cutscenes... specifically the Vulcan Raven scenes :x

Snake Eater is definitely the greatest :smokin

The entire story was a waste. It showed nothing about how/why Big Boss turned "evil". He's a good guy throughout the entire game :lol: I was expecting him to make some cold hearted, ruthless decisions that would make the "transformation" complete, but he was basically still like Solid Snake. And yes, I've watched the ending after Chapter 2, but this is still relevant

Last edited:
Tell me this wouldn't have been epic as hell

What a waste..

Nah...pretty sure the implication at the end of the game is that Big Boss becomes the villain we're told he is in the 8 bit games and does exactly what The Boss didn't want him to do. He realizes this years later, hence him telling Solid Snake to "put down the gun" in MGS4.

If you pay close attention in the last cutscene, there is a very subtle time skip. Ahab puts the casette with "Operation Intrude N313" into an MSX computer, and on the wall behind him the Diamond Dogs logo is replaced by the Outer Heaven logo, meaning that the year is now 1995 and Solid Snake is on his way to kill him. The Operation Intrude casette displays data on a screen we can't see, but clearly Ahab isn't happy about what he's being told because he's pissed when he looks in the mirror and he punches it. Big Boss presumably told him that Snake couldn't be stopped and Ahab needs to die a villain in order to preserve Big Boss' cover. Ahab again, isn't happy about this so he decides to blow Big Boss' cover. In the original MG1, you get helpful information via codec calls from Big Boss, but near the end, you get confusing and intentionally incorrect information via calls from Big Boss but on a DIFFERENT codec frequency. Meaning, Ahab did NOT want to die for Big Boss' cover and thus actively begins to try to sabotage Snake.

I think the point was to cement Big Boss' villain status by the 1980s, because he did to Venom Snake EXACTLY what the US government did to The Boss in the 60s, and his scheme with Ahab has the exact same reasoning behind Zero's desire to make clones of Big Boss. This sheds more light on the massive regrets he displays in MGS4, and its relevant because Solid Snake does the exact opposite of what Big Boss does when faced with similar trials and struggles.

At the end of the day, Solid Snake is still the hero of the story, and NOT Big Boss.

The entire story was a waste. It showed nothing about how/why Big Boss turned "evil". He's a good guy throughout the entire game :lol: I was expecting him to make some cold hearted, ruthless decisions that would make the "transformation" complete, but he was basically still like Solid Snake. And yes, I've watched the ending after Chapter 2, but this is still relevant

So the guide (which is seriously the best guide I've ever seen written) actually has the whole Metal Gear story/timeline written by Kojima himself. Not saying I agree with his motives or storytelling but here's what he said about that:

8oFaHSw.jpg

Last edited:
Solid Snake, Venom Snake, Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake......

I followed the story up through MGS4 but never truly understood it. Never understood the DMC story that well either

Do I need to finish Ground Zeroes before playing this?

Every day there's at least one dude asking "would it make sense to play this if I haven't played x?" Or "this is my first Metal Gear, will I understand the story?"

For the love of God the answer is no :lol: yes, you should play Ground Zeroes. But you shouldn't play Ground Zeroes until you've played Peace Walker

Last edited:
This game isn't very story driven so just play it and do missions :lol: ...if you want some good story thats pretty easy to follow just play the first MGS and Snake Eater.

Last edited:
There is a lot of story in Phantom Pain. It's just that a lot of it is optional or set in the background in favor of the open world gameplay. But the basic premise of the game requires that you at least watch the Ground Zeroes ending on youtube :lol:

Yo I just stumbled on the radio playing the report from PT... made me angry at Konami knowing it won't release :smh:

I'll never understand why other games can't have graphics like these games always do

How come some of the side missions are checked off like I did them but still have a bullet next to them like I haven't done them?

Do I have to do them again and do something in particular?

Back
Top Bottom