Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Lakers Christmas Game Thread (ABC 2:00 PM PST)

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Normally, I'd avoid these type of threads but due to insomnia:

If people were bashing the Heat during the beginning of the season, why can't they praise them at this particular point? Obviously, this is one game and it has zero effect on the overall picture but it does show that the heat have progressed quite a bit from their initial form.

On the game itself, great defending and ball movement by Miami. Chalmers, Jones, Arroyo were able to get so many open looks. Chris Bosh was really impressive. He displayed all the positive aspects of his game.
hell give them all the praise in the world, their big test is feb 13th though   that will show how far they've came this season.    aside from media hype and kobe vs lebron   to me heat celtics is bigger if im a heat/lebron fan.   miami and the lakers  and kobe and lebron have never met in a playoff series before  so there's no real dislike between the two teams and star players if you wanna say that also.    the celtics are the real problem the heat need to get through, aside from the fact that they've beat lebron in the playoffs 2 of the past 3 seasons and beat wade last year as well and looked good in beating miami twice this year and giving sending miami into panic mode and fan up ads  which were both overblown to me considering it was only 10 games into the season but still the celtics made a statement against miami,  aside from all of that boston is most likely who miami's going to have to go through to get the lakers  or whoever comes out the west this year in june  and it's highly possible that boston will have home court for those games as well.

i can't wait for the lakers heat rematch though, i would expect a much better effort in that game from the lakers. i could live with the L from earlier but the lackluster effort got to me.

laugh.gif
at the part about it being an excuse about how these games don't matter.    be realistic though,  who do you think this game meant more to? the lakers or the heat?    yea i would've expected a better effort from the lakers yesterday but it is what it is.   

every game is important yet   all the great teams have played down to their competition at some point.    im not saying this was playing down to competition because the heat are a top team,  but the milwaukee and indiana home losses have been a habit with the lakers from the shaq years to now   it is what is,  hell jordans bulls,  magics lakers, birds celtics    you name it   they all lost to teams they shouldn't have lost to in the reg season because  being healthy and ready for the playoffs > every game being important to them  which is why the 96 bulls lost to the raptors but were ready for the good teams, hell in 97  and 98 the bulls lost to some crappy teams as well,  those were just another game for the bulls   but it was that crappy teams championship game.  that's how it is  when alot of teams play the lakers which is why they end up losing to crappy teams throughout the season.

that all being said the lakers need to get their %*** together because the west is looking alot better this year with san antonio, dallas, and utah playing very good basketball right now,   it's not going to be the cakewalk in the west it was the past few seasons this year.

you can rationalize all you want.

but this isnt a case of the lakers simply losing to a crappy team cuz they didnt show up

its more than that

the kobe lebron debate has been goin on for 4-5 years now,and lebron keeps showing kobe up in the regular season.

like i said if this was MJ who kept constantly being compared to lebron you can bet he would come out and drop 40 on lebron

no matter if it was november or may

competitors compete

all im sayin is that lebron has the upper hand on all these match ups between him and kobe

so if kobe was the competitor he says he is he would come out and son lebron

but he hasnt and i dont think he can

If people were bashing the Heat during the beginning of the season, why can't they praise them at this particular point? Obviously, this is one game and it has zero effect on the overall picture but it does show that the heat have progressed quite a bit from their initial form.

On the game itself, great defending and ball movement by Miami. Chalmers, Jones, Arroyo were able to get so many open looks. Chris Bosh was really impressive. He displayed all the positive aspects of his game.
hell give them all the praise in the world, their big test is feb 13th though   that will show how far they've came this season.    aside from media hype and kobe vs lebron   to me heat celtics is bigger if im a heat/lebron fan.   miami and the lakers  and kobe and lebron have never met in a playoff series before  so there's no real dislike between the two teams and star players if you wanna say that also.    the celtics are the real problem the heat need to get through, aside from the fact that they've beat lebron in the playoffs 2 of the past 3 seasons and beat wade last year as well and looked good in beating miami twice this year and giving sending miami into panic mode and fan up ads  which were both overblown to me considering it was only 10 games into the season but still the celtics made a statement against miami,  aside from all of that boston is most likely who miami's going to have to go through to get the lakers  or whoever comes out the west this year in june  and it's highly possible that boston will have home court for those games as well.

i can't wait for the lakers heat rematch though, i would expect a much better effort in that game from the lakers. i could live with the L from earlier but the lackluster effort got to me.

laugh.gif
at the part about it being an excuse about how these games don't matter.    be realistic though,  who do you think this game meant more to? the lakers or the heat?    yea i would've expected a better effort from the lakers yesterday but it is what it is.   

every game is important yet   all the great teams have played down to their competition at some point.    im not saying this was playing down to competition because the heat are a top team,  but the milwaukee and indiana home losses have been a habit with the lakers from the shaq years to now   it is what is,  hell jordans bulls,  magics lakers, birds celtics    you name it   they all lost to teams they shouldn't have lost to in the reg season because  being healthy and ready for the playoffs > every game being important to them  which is why the 96 bulls lost to the raptors but were ready for the good teams, hell in 97  and 98 the bulls lost to some crappy teams as well,  those were just another game for the bulls   but it was that crappy teams championship game.  that's how it is  when alot of teams play the lakers which is why they end up losing to crappy teams throughout the season.

that all being said the lakers need to get their %*** together because the west is looking alot better this year with san antonio, dallas, and utah playing very good basketball right now,   it's not going to be the cakewalk in the west it was the past few seasons this year.

but this isnt a case of the lakers simply losing to a crappy team cuz they didnt show up

its more than that

the kobe lebron debate has been goin on for 4-5 years now,and lebron keeps showing kobe up in the regular season.

like i said if this was MJ who kept constantly being compared to lebron you can bet he would come out and drop 40 on lebron

competitors compete

all im sayin is that lebron has the upper hand on all these match ups between him and kobe

its more than that

competitors compete

its more than that

competitors compete

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

laugh.gif

its more than that

competitors compete

it was more then them not showing up  yes,  hell the heat would've won even if the lakers showed up most likely because they played a good game.    i don't think i'm reaching on this statement because i think it's true but it's also a problem with this laker team.   the 2008-09 team would've won a game like this with the spotlight on them, not because that team was better but because they were a more hungry team,  fresh off that boston asskicking they needed to prove something, this team should've shown up yesterday,  still took their L but at least take it fighting.

i defenitly agree with the competitors compete part but mike was head and shoulders above his competition, especially from the early 90's on.  yea guys like barkley and malone were great hall of fame players but we all knew mike would dominate them.  lebron and kobe are both so good themselves that neither one will ever end up being significantly better then the other, we could go back and forth debating who's better between kobe and lebron all day and we'd probably both come up with a ton of stats and reasons to back our arguments but either way their neck and neck with eachother  which is something jordan never had from the early 90's on, a competitor that was right on his level.  clyde drexler might have been close but again mike was signifcantly better then him to me and that's not dissing clyde at all.  

personally even though lebron has been getting the better of the matchups for the most part from 07-08 on , i still enjoy the matchup between the 2 nd hope they can play eachother in the finals with everything on the line when their both on 2 of the best teams in the league  just to see what happens if they were to meet in june either way.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

laugh.gif

its more than that

competitors compete

it was more then them not showing up  yes,  hell the heat would've won even if the lakers showed up most likely because they played a good game.    i don't think i'm reaching on this statement because i think it's true but it's also a problem with this laker team.   the 2008-09 team would've won a game like this with the spotlight on them, not because that team was better but because they were a more hungry team,  fresh off that boston asskicking they needed to prove something, this team should've shown up yesterday,  still took their L but at least take it fighting.

i defenitly agree with the competitors compete part but mike was head and shoulders above his competition, especially from the early 90's on.  yea guys like barkley and malone were great hall of fame players but we all knew mike would dominate them.  lebron and kobe are both so good themselves that neither one will ever end up being significantly better then the other, we could go back and forth debating who's better between kobe and lebron all day and we'd probably both come up with a ton of stats and reasons to back our arguments but either way their neck and neck with eachother  which is something jordan never had from the early 90's on, a competitor that was right on his level.  clyde drexler might have been close but again mike was signifcantly better then him to me and that's not dissing clyde at all.  

personally even though lebron has been getting the better of the matchups for the most part from 07-08 on , i still enjoy the matchup between the 2 nd hope they can play eachother in the finals with everything on the line when their both on 2 of the best teams in the league  just to see what happens if they were to meet in june either way.

Originally Posted by irishbaz

No sympathy for fickle laker fans, I wonder how many of em can even name the full squad ! How late was the game starting anyhow? fashionably late to say the least.

Id like to see the lakers get through the eastern conference playoffs this yr prob 2-3 teams that would easily discard them in 5 games.

laugh.gif
  who would those be?  hmmm 2 of those 3 teams you'd probably mention lost to them in the finals the last 2 seasons   and the other team miami  i wouldn't have gotten to hyped had the lakers won  or to low off this loss because it's a completely different game  when the games are in a best of 7 series.

Talk about the past all you want Im talking about this yrand the beasts are in the east. While your referring to the past how CC everwon a dunk comp is beyond me! Everyone knows Shawn Kemp and Harold Minor werethe dunk dons of the 90s - blind dunking
laugh.gif

No sympathy for fickle laker fans, I wonder how many of em can even name the full squad ! How late was the game starting anyhow? fashionably late to say the least.

Id like to see the lakers get through the eastern conference playoffs this yr prob 2-3 teams that would easily discard them in 5 games.

laugh.gif
  who would those be?  hmmm 2 of those 3 teams you'd probably mention lost to them in the finals the last 2 seasons   and the other team miami  i wouldn't have gotten to hyped had the lakers won  or to low off this loss because it's a completely different game  when the games are in a best of 7 series.

Talk about the past all you want Im talking about this yrand the beasts are in the east. While your referring to the past how CC everwon a dunk comp is beyond me! Everyone knows Shawn Kemp and Harold Minor werethe dunk dons of the 90s - blind dunking
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm disappointed the Heat are rolling but eh... good to see some of the Laker faithful shut up. You know who you are.
smile.gif

I'm disappointed the Heat are rolling but eh... good to see some of the Laker faithful shut up. You know who you are.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
at the Laker hating in this thread. Lakers got their %+* beat last Christmas too......and they win a championship. Heat fans need to stay humble.

Magic > Heat

laugh.gif
at the Laker hating in this thread. Lakers got their %+* beat last Christmas too......and they win a championship. Heat fans need to stay humble.

Magic > Heat

Originally Posted by kobe8is

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cmon son, would have laughed a lil less if you said 6 games, but "easily discard"??, now you're just trolling. in that eastern conf, where the power balance shifted even more to the top, the lakers would at least reach the conf finals.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cmon son, would have laughed a lil less if you said 6 games, but "easily discard"??, now you're just trolling. in that eastern conf, where the power balance shifted even more to the top, the lakers would at least reach the conf finals.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

After last night's game:

2343454.png
i don't know how some can say kobe is the better player. he hasn't outplayed lebron one single time they met the past 2 years. you didn't see kobe ever letting a tmac or vince carter show him up repeatedly. you rarely see jordan have many bad games in a row v. another peer.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

After last night's game:

2343454.png
i don't know how some can say kobe is the better player. he hasn't outplayed lebron one single time they met the past 2 years. you didn't see kobe ever letting a tmac or vince carter show him up repeatedly. you rarely see jordan have many bad games in a row v. another peer.

roll.gif
Originally Posted by rashi

laugh.gif

Magic > Heat
I was just gonna leave this thread alone but i had to resond to this guy. YOU SIR ARE DELUSIONAL. Orlando is good but they clearly are not back to their Finals year swag. Just not as good of a team. Sorry.

roll.gif
Originally Posted by rashi

laugh.gif

Magic > Heat
I was just gonna leave this thread alone but i had to resond to this guy. YOU SIR ARE DELUSIONAL. Orlando is good but they clearly are not back to their Finals year swag. Just not as good of a team. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom