Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Lakers Christmas Game Thread (ABC 2:00 PM PST)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

You guys are really still bickering over this game, though?

Okay.

Ya know, actually this is tame compared to years past.  2-3 years ago we was havin 90+ pages for single games.  Not sure why it's so thinned out nowadays. 

Blame it on Yuku.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

You guys are really still bickering over this game, though?

Okay.

Ya know, actually this is tame compared to years past.  2-3 years ago we was havin 90+ pages for single games.  Not sure why it's so thinned out nowadays. 

Blame it on Yuku.

laugh.gif
@ people getting mad from both sides in this thread. People getting their feelings hurt over a basketball game
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ people getting mad from both sides in this thread. People getting their feelings hurt over a basketball game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by skitzo 31

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sports brings out the worst in people
laugh.gif
    i remember dudes on here used to seriously despise zodogg back in the day  when the lakers and suns were going at it. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sports brings out the worst in people
laugh.gif
    i remember dudes on here used to seriously despise zodogg back in the day  when the lakers and suns were going at it. 

Lakers are 4-9 on Christmas since Kobe came to town.  And most of those are after we won championships.   You guys actin like we didn't expect this.  Hell, most of the first posters all predicted it, and what did haters say?  "saving face" 
eyes.gif

Losing on Christmas to Lebron really hurt us last year eh haters? 
wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I think it's funny how Laker fans feel that the team can simply turn it on when it matters. Even though it's happened in the past seasons, definitely doesn't mean it'll happen again this season. I mean, the Spurs and Mavs are looking good thisseason. The Lakers may not have that home court advantage in the playoffs like the past couple seasons. This Laker team definitely doesn't look like they are in championship form. But the only games that matter are in the playoffs, right?
eyes.gif
 I mean, why even play these regular season games if they don't matter? The Lakers seem to be picking up bad habits, definitely not championship habits. I think the upcoming game against the Spurs will be big for them. I would be concerned as a Laker fan if the team doesn't get their @%!$ together soon. But I guess if I was a Laker fan I would find consolation in past championships/success to deviate away from what's going on in the present 
laugh.gif

Lakers are 4-9 on Christmas since Kobe came to town.  And most of those are after we won championships.   You guys actin like we didn't expect this.  Hell, most of the first posters all predicted it, and what did haters say?  "saving face" 
eyes.gif

wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I think it's funny how Laker fans feel that the team can simply turn it on when it matters. Even though it's happened in the past seasons, definitely doesn't mean it'll happen again this season. I mean, the Spurs and Mavs are looking good thisseason. The Lakers may not have that home court advantage in the playoffs like the past couple seasons. This Laker team definitely doesn't look like they are in championship form. But the only games that matter are in the playoffs, right?
eyes.gif
 I mean, why even play these regular season games if they don't matter? The Lakers seem to be picking up bad habits, definitely not championship habits. I think the upcoming game against the Spurs will be big for them. I would be concerned as a Laker fan if the team doesn't get their @%!$ together soon. But I guess if I was a Laker fan I would find consolation in past championships/success to deviate away from what's going on in the present 
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
rlypt0.jpg

eyes.gif

wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
rlypt0.jpg

Lakers better hope the Celtics beat the Heat in the playoffs. Lebron has owned Kobe and the Lakers his entire career. I know the Lakers have the size advantage, but the Heat perimeter defense and transition offense are too much for the Lakers to handle.  Fisher and Kobe are gonna get eaten alive on the fast break. Playoff games are more half court oriented, but the Heat are an exception to that rule IMO. Laker fans don't want to see the Heat in June...assuming the Heat pass the Celtics to get there.

Lakers better hope the Celtics beat the Heat in the playoffs. Lebron has owned Kobe and the Lakers his entire career. I know the Lakers have the size advantage, but the Heat perimeter defense and transition offense are too much for the Lakers to handle.  Fisher and Kobe are gonna get eaten alive on the fast break. Playoff games are more half court oriented, but the Heat are an exception to that rule IMO. Laker fans don't want to see the Heat in June...assuming the Heat pass the Celtics to get there.

eyes.gif

wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

but they can and have turned it on in past seasons.  ill be realistic though  the west is better this year and it's not going to be as easy coming out the west but when push comes to shove im confident they'll be there come playoff time.   i agree with it becoming a bad habit but they did this during the first 3 peat, if you look at the 80's teams  they did it then,  it's redundant but it's what they do.  dallas and san antonio  and hell even the tough teams from the east would all be tough outs come playoff time but it's going to be real tough for any of them to beat the lakers 4 times in a 7 game series.

the lakers take the regular season differently then other teams do for better or worse.   if a young up and coming team wins 60 + games and beats some good teams in the regular season  it's great for them, it's a very successful season  but for a team like the lakers coasting through the season and having guys healthy for the playoffs is what they usually do.  i can live with it if they get some wins against san antonio, boston, dallas, and miami when they meet again  since their letting those teams know whats up, the way they played late last season was worse then what they've done so far this year. all that being said  i'm not too worried about the team, i see some of the chinks in the armor however so i won't look at anyone who has their doubts about this team like their crazy because i could see where their opinion is coming from.

eyes.gif

wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

but they can and have turned it on in past seasons.  ill be realistic though  the west is better this year and it's not going to be as easy coming out the west but when push comes to shove im confident they'll be there come playoff time.   i agree with it becoming a bad habit but they did this during the first 3 peat, if you look at the 80's teams  they did it then,  it's redundant but it's what they do.  dallas and san antonio  and hell even the tough teams from the east would all be tough outs come playoff time but it's going to be real tough for any of them to beat the lakers 4 times in a 7 game series.

the lakers take the regular season differently then other teams do for better or worse.   if a young up and coming team wins 60 + games and beats some good teams in the regular season  it's great for them, it's a very successful season  but for a team like the lakers coasting through the season and having guys healthy for the playoffs is what they usually do.  i can live with it if they get some wins against san antonio, boston, dallas, and miami when they meet again  since their letting those teams know whats up, the way they played late last season was worse then what they've done so far this year. all that being said  i'm not too worried about the team, i see some of the chinks in the armor however so i won't look at anyone who has their doubts about this team like their crazy because i could see where their opinion is coming from.

Till we lose 4 games in a series in the playoffs, regular season losses wont really matter much....It's just a fact.

Miami kicked our %+#@#, and guess what? So did the Bucks.

The regular season is the best time for Laker/Kobe haters to come out and play, the playofs.....a different story.

Enjoy it.

Till we lose 4 games in a series in the playoffs, regular season losses wont really matter much....It's just a fact.

Miami kicked our %+#@#, and guess what? So did the Bucks.

The regular season is the best time for Laker/Kobe haters to come out and play, the playofs.....a different story.

Enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

eyes.gif

wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I definitely see where you're coming from. The point I'm trying to make is that just because they have turned it on in the past seasons, doesn't mean that it'll happen again this season. I think the Laker team this season is more vulnerable than the past 2 seasons. They are still definitely the team to beat being the defending champions. As you said, the west is looking tougher and with picking up bad habits in the regular season, they may not be able to turn it up as they have in the past in the playoffs. It's definitely too early in the season to count them out, and being that they are defending champions I still expect them to be the favorites coming out of the West. Maybe not as heavily favorited as the past two seasons, especially if they fail to achieve homecourt in the playoffs, which I think helped them greatly in their previous championship runs.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

eyes.gif

wink.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I definitely see where you're coming from. The point I'm trying to make is that just because they have turned it on in the past seasons, doesn't mean that it'll happen again this season. I think the Laker team this season is more vulnerable than the past 2 seasons. They are still definitely the team to beat being the defending champions. As you said, the west is looking tougher and with picking up bad habits in the regular season, they may not be able to turn it up as they have in the past in the playoffs. It's definitely too early in the season to count them out, and being that they are defending champions I still expect them to be the favorites coming out of the West. Maybe not as heavily favorited as the past two seasons, especially if they fail to achieve homecourt in the playoffs, which I think helped them greatly in their previous championship runs.

Back
Top Bottom