Michael Jackson and his affinity towards children...Mature Discussion PLEASE...

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I respect what he did for music.
I do not respect the man.
Why don't you respect the man ?

are u even reading this thread? for some of the main points been talked about in here is why people dont respect the MAN MJ

Want to believe it, but the source is kinda sketchy. But, GQ magazine did a story on it about 15 yrs. ago. Here's a little sample.

On July 2, 1993, in a private telephone conversation, (Evan) Chandler (accuser's father) was tape recorded as saying,
There was no reason why he [Jackson] had to stop calling me...I picked the nastiest son of a **%#$ I could find [Evan Chandler's lawyer, Barry Rothman], all he wants to do is get this out in the public as fast as he can, as big as he can and humiliate as many people as he can. He's nasty, he's mean, he's smart and he's hungry for publicity. Everything's going to a certain plan that isn't just mine. Once I make that phone call, this guy is going to destroy everybody in sight in any devious, nasty, cruel way that he can do it. I've given him full authority to do that. Jackson is an evil guy, he is worse than that and I have the evidence to prove it. If I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever...Michael's career will be over.[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_c...inst_Michael_Jackson#cite_note-tara_477-478-1[/sup]

-Evan Chandler

In the same conversation, when asked how this would affect his son, Chandler replied, "That's irrelevant to me...It will be a massacre ifI don't get what I want. It's going to be bigger than all us put together...This man [Jackson] is going to be humiliated beyond belief...He will notsell one more record".

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Lol...I'm sure TrashSelector.com would be the first to break that info...!%+@ outta here.

Anyway...let me just say this once and last about MJ, these allegations, and his death in general.

I'm not going to criticize anyone for how they take in a person's death. If people choose to dedicate sigs/avys, cry, and all of that other stuff...that's fine. Perhaps, he touched your lives in some sort of way. On the flip side, there's nothing wrong with people like myself who aren't "emotional" over his death. I'm not...and never have been a big "celebrity" guy anyway. I will never understand why people devote so much attention and emotion to athletes/entertainers and argue at great lengths about them. When I heard MJ died...it caught me off guard I'll admit and I wish his family well...but it didn't derail my day. I still went home and watched the draft. To me...NO ONE LIFE is more valuable or important than anothers. I mourned for the 9 people who died on that train this week. That hit closer to home for me. These are REAL people that I see and connect with everyday and I ride that same train everyday. My cousin's friend...a 14 year old...likely will have to lose her legs as a result of that accident. I had another associate that just got murdered last week...gunned down in broad daylight as a case of mistaken identity. I mourned over that. That's real life +*$# to me. I'm not going to sit up here and pour my heart out and shed tears for a man because he made great music. I offer my condolences and it that's where it ENDS. So to attack somebody because they aren't afraid to discuss things like his children fetish post death in a SENSIBLE manner is ridiculous. Son didn't come in and say MJ was a child molester but ya'll INSTANT attacked his motive from the jump.

As for the children +*$#...I don't care what kind of upbringing he had. I don't care what his intentions were...I don't care how "mild mannered" he was...the whole affinity for children is quite disturbing...whether it was with malicious intent or not. It's HILARIOUS that his celebrity and impact on the music world is influencing some of the defense for him in this situation.

You're straight up LYING if you say that this was some Average Joe and not Michael Jackson...that you would be sitting up here defending him in this situation like this. I don't know if he DID or DIDN'T do something sexually to those childrens. The mere fact that he had some sort of desire to have children who weren't his physically lay next to him on a bed is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE. I don't see how that +*$# is arguable. And don't give me that BS about "if he did so something wouldn't the parents want justice?". Please...there are some SICK !%+$@*% individuals out there in the world. Just the other day and man got caught pimping his 5 month old child online for sexual services...so I don't wanna hear that.

Just because the man made Thriller...does NOT mean he is free of criticism...stop that +*$#...please.
well said.

I just can't believe ANYONE (who's sane) would let their kid hang out or sleep in the house of an accused sex offender. That's one of the mostasinine things I have ever read here on NT.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by DeMJ23Kobe24Nise

He did these things!!

The most recent incident shows how fame get people a get out of jail free card.

There was a lot of evidence against him, the child ever testified against him, and the jury still found his "not guilty"
a women and a man on the jury later regretted that.

This kid probably feels bad that everybody know he was abused as a child by the biggest star in the world and know that he's paid he want the comfort of claiming it never happened.

or he's just suppressing his memories
Are you talking about the first case or second case?

We will never know. But to play devil's advocate again, there were a lot of hoopholes in the stories. For example, in the second case, the family were telling a lot of lies and the mom of the accused child was known to be a kaniving and deceitful woman.

Brief summary from the first case
In 1993, Michael Jackson was accused of abuse by Evan Chandler, on behalf of his then-13-year-old son, Jordan Chandler. Jackson and Jordan had become friends in May 1992, to the father's disapproval and concern. The friendship became well known, as the tabloid media reported that Jackson became a member of the Chandler family unit. Under the influence of a controversial sedative administered by Evan Chandler, his son said that Jackson had touched his penis.[sup][1][/sup] Evan Chandler was tape-recorded threatening to damage the singer's music career,[sup][2][/sup] and engaged Jackson in unsuccessful negotiations to resolve the issue with a financial settlement.[sup][3][/sup] Jordan Chandler then told a psychiatrist and later police that he and Jackson had engaged in acts of kissing, masturbation, and oral sex, as well as giving a description of what he alleges were the singer's genitals.[sup][4][/sup] Jackson's home, Neverland Ranch, was searched, even though other children and family members had stated that Jackson was not a pedophile. Jackson's older sister, La Toya Jackson, accused her brother of being a pedophile, but later retracted her statement.[sup][5][/sup] Jackson became dependent on drugs as the stress of the allegations mounted,[sup][6][/sup][sup][7][/sup] and canceled the remainder of his tour. He went into rehabilitation overseas, and began a relationship with Lisa Marie Presley. On his return to the US, Jackson agreed to a 25-minute strip search, which was required to see if the description of his genitals provided by Jordan Chandler was accurate. Doctors concluded that there were some strong similarities but it was not a definitive match. Jackson proclaimed his innocence, and criticized the media coverage. Jackson's friends and legal advisers took over his defense and finances, persuading him to settle the allegations out of court.

Tabloid reaction to the allegations were negative towards Jackson,[sup][8][/sup] and complaints about the coverage included bias and accepting stories of criminal activity for money, and engaging in illegal activities themselves.[sup][9][/sup] Public polls at the time reported that a large majority of people believed Jackson was innocent.[sup][10][/sup] On January 1, 1994, Jackson settled a civil suit out of court with the Chandler family and their legal team for $22 million. Jordan Chandler refused to testify in the criminal proceedings, the state closed its criminal investigation citing lack of evidence, Jackson was not charged with a crime. Jackson's support amongst the public then began to waver, and Jackson's own career and image was significantly damaged, which became a recurring theme in Jackson's future music. Prosecution evidence from the 1993 allegations would also be used against the entertainer in the 2005 People v. Jackson child sexual abuse trial, where he was acquitted on all counts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child_sexual_abuse_accusations_against_Michael_Jackson
Wait, so the dude tried to negotiate a financial settlement BEFORE pressing charges?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babyface34

Want to believe it, but the source is kinda sketchy. But, GQ magazine did a story on it about 15 yrs. ago. Here's a little sample.

On July 2, 1993, in a private telephone conversation, (Evan) Chandler (accuser's father) was tape recorded as saying,
There was no reason why he [Jackson] had to stop calling me...I picked the nastiest son of a **%#$ I could find [Evan Chandler's lawyer, Barry Rothman], all he wants to do is get this out in the public as fast as he can, as big as he can and humiliate as many people as he can. He's nasty, he's mean, he's smart and he's hungry for publicity. Everything's going to a certain plan that isn't just mine. Once I make that phone call, this guy is going to destroy everybody in sight in any devious, nasty, cruel way that he can do it. I've given him full authority to do that. Jackson is an evil guy, he is worse than that and I have the evidence to prove it. If I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever...Michael's career will be over.[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_c...inst_Michael_Jackson#cite_note-tara_477-478-1[/sup]

-Evan Chandler
In the same conversation, when asked how this would affect his son, Chandler replied, "That's irrelevant to me...It will be a massacre if I don't get what I want. It's going to be bigger than all us put together...This man [Jackson] is going to be humiliated beyond belief...He will not sell one more record".

some people...
smh.gif

the bottom line is...

would YOU leave YOUR kids with MJ?
Yes .

Maybe they could learn something .

future mother of america's children
smh.gif

Unbelievable
get ya savings up now cus ur gonna be spending a fortune on therapy thru out ur childrens development

MJ was weird, what Grown Man likes to Hang around Kids and have Sleep overs? If MJ was a regular guy he would be considered a Creep and most likely put in amental institution. Fame lets people get away with things that normal people can't. He had mental issues and didn't get any help.

I respect his Music G.O.A.T

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

MJ was weird, what Grown Man likes to Hang around Kids and have Sleep overs? If MJ was a regular guy he would be considered a Creep and most likely put in a mental institution. Fame lets people get away with things that normal people can't. He had mental issues and didn't get any help.

In Mike case....Its not his fame...

Him acting like a Child is accepted by SOME people because they know how he was brought up....He really didnt have a real childhood when he was a Child

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

every time chi ill post she shows her age
laugh.gif

QFT
laugh.gif
i noticed this too.. i don't think i've ever seen her post something that shows a mature level of insight.

it's getting to the point where i'm just gonna put her on 'ignore'... if i don't forget to i'll take her off in about 2 years
laugh.gif

honestly, i don't believe MJ did anything to the kids. he just doesn't seem like someone who would seek sexual pleasure by touching children. it'snot that i think he's too "good" to do it or anything, but based on his personality it just doesn't seem like something he would do.

he just doesn't seem like some crazed, sexually-aggressive type person like Mike Tyson, the type of person who would go rape someone and not feel it on hisconscience. he also doesn't seem like one of the creeps who would touch children and then try to justify it through some wack system of morals. we haveseen that despite some of MJ's antics, deep inside he has a system of morals, and he knows right from wrong. IMO if he did molest the kids, he would havelet it slip out somewhere along the line.. we've never ever heard him try to justify the touching of children.. everytime it has come up, he looked honestand forthright.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Lol...I'm sure TrashSelector.com would be the first to break that info...!%+@ outta here.

Anyway...let me just say this once and last about MJ, these allegations, and his death in general.

I'm not going to criticize anyone for how they take in a person's death. If people choose to dedicate sigs/avys, cry, and all of that other stuff...that's fine. Perhaps, he touched your lives in some sort of way. On the flip side, there's nothing wrong with people like myself who aren't "emotional" over his death. I'm not...and never have been a big "celebrity" guy anyway. I will never understand why people devote so much attention and emotion to athletes/entertainers and argue at great lengths about them. When I heard MJ died...it caught me off guard I'll admit and I wish his family well...but it didn't derail my day. I still went home and watched the draft. To me...NO ONE LIFE is more valuable or important than anothers. I mourned for the 9 people who died on that train this week. That hit closer to home for me. These are REAL people that I see and connect with everyday and I ride that same train everyday. My cousin's friend...a 14 year old...likely will have to lose her legs as a result of that accident. I had another associate that just got murdered last week...gunned down in broad daylight as a case of mistaken identity. I mourned over that. That's real life +*$# to me. I'm not going to sit up here and pour my heart out and shed tears for a man because he made great music. I offer my condolences and it that's where it ENDS. So to attack somebody because they aren't afraid to discuss things like his children fetish post death in a SENSIBLE manner is ridiculous. Son didn't come in and say MJ was a child molester but ya'll INSTANT attacked his motive from the jump.

As for the children +*$#...I don't care what kind of upbringing he had. I don't care what his intentions were...I don't care how "mild mannered" he was...the whole affinity for children is quite disturbing...whether it was with malicious intent or not. It's HILARIOUS that his celebrity and impact on the music world is influencing some of the defense for him in this situation.

You're straight up LYING if you say that this was some Average Joe and not Michael Jackson...that you would be sitting up here defending him in this situation like this. I don't know if he DID or DIDN'T do something sexually to those childrens. The mere fact that he had some sort of desire to have children who weren't his physically lay next to him on a bed is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE. I don't see how that +*$# is arguable. And don't give me that BS about "if he did so something wouldn't the parents want justice?". Please...there are some SICK !%+$@*% individuals out there in the world. Just the other day and man got caught pimping his 5 month old child online for sexual services...so I don't wanna hear that.

Just because the man made Thriller...does NOT mean he is free of criticism...stop that +*$#...please.
I agree with everything stated here. Preach.

the bottom line is...

would YOU leave YOUR kids with MJ?
Yes .

Maybe they could learn something .

The kids nowadays are too grown ...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some people are so delusional with regard to this dude, it's almost beyond belief...

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

"Let's all think of the children"

that avy is some scary #!$%

and kneesh you are indeed crazy to leave your kids with any man you don't know...especially with a mental illness

you starting to sound like one of them MJ kids
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

MJ was weird, what Grown Man likes to Hang around Kids and have Sleep overs? If MJ was a regular guy he would be considered a Creep and most likely put in a mental institution. Fame lets people get away with things that normal people can't. He had mental issues and didn't get any help.

Him acting like a Child is accepted by SOME people because they know how he was brought up....He really didnt have a real childhood when he was a Child
I literally know dozens of people who "never had a childhood." People that lacked basic necessities, witnessed horrific violence,lacked the support of a caring parent (or any adult for that matter). Guess what? None of them act anything like Mike did. Y'all act like the way heturned out was some kind of logical occurrence given his childhood, or lack thereof. IT WASN'T.

I'm so tired of this "explanation." It doesn't take away from the fact that a lot of the things that he did were highly inappropriate, ifnot downright criminal and reprehensible.

I have no reason to think any different ...

People are judging him off of something that he was found not guilty for . That's why I'm asking Dirty why doesn't he respect MJ .

People don't respect MJ because of things that are ALLEGED .

Originally Posted by red mpls

I literally know dozens of people who "never had a childhood." People that lacked basic necessities, witnessed horrific violence, lacked the support of a caring parent (or any adult for that matter). Guess what? None of them act anything like Mike did. Y'all act like the way he turned out was some kind of logical occurrence given his childhood, or lack thereof. IT WASN'T.

I'm so tired of this "explanation." It doesn't take away from the fact that a lot of the things that he did were highly inappropriate, if not downright criminal and reprehensible.

Are We robots fam?....are we all programed the same?....Different people handle different situations differently...

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Showing the kid closer to the railing is one thing, but holding him over the railing is too much....crossing the line ftl ....
Any dad's that put there kids up on there shoulders need to be taboo as well
eyes.gif

What kind of ******ed thoughts were going through your head when you compared holding a child over the edge of a balcony to putting a kid on their dad'sshoulders?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

every time chi ill post she shows her age
laugh.gif

QFT
laugh.gif
i noticed this too.. i don't think i've ever seen her post something that shows a mature level of insight.

it's getting to the point where i'm just gonna put her on 'ignore'... if i don't forget to i'll take her off in about 2 years
laugh.gif

There are still NTers out there who haven't put Kneesh on ignore? I feel sorry for you guys.
laugh.gif

Fam, He wasnt tightrope walking accross 2 buildings...Yall come up with anything to bash this poor man
Please do the world a favor and never have kids. Kthx.

Originally Posted by red mpls

I literally know dozens of people who "never had a childhood." People that lacked basic necessities, witnessed horrific violence, lacked the support of a caring parent (or any adult for that matter). Guess what? None of them act anything like Mike did. Y'all act like the way he turned out was some kind of logical occurrence given his childhood, or lack thereof. IT WASN'T.

I'm so tired of this "explanation." It doesn't take away from the fact that a lot of the things that he did were highly inappropriate, if not downright criminal and reprehensible.
Are they Michael Jackson ?

The biggest star in the WORLD ?

No .

You can't compare the two ... you don't know how things can affect people more if they've been in the spotlight for their whole life .

that family was clearly trying to extort MJ. and didn't one kid admit he wasn't abused? what more need be said?

no I wouldn't leave my kid with MJ, but I also wouldn't leave my kid with 99% of NT. what does that really prove?

I have no reason to think any different ...

People are judging him off of something that he was found not guilty for . That's why I'm asking Dirty why doesn't he respect MJ .

People don't respect MJ because of things that are ALLEGED .

He was found not guilty, but put himself in the same damn predicament shortly after...did you even read the transcript from the Bashir interview? How does anyof what he says make any sense?....I can't be the only one who is bothered by the pic of Gavin resting his head on MJ's shoulder, can I? That's isa disturbing image. I'm sorry, but that %!!+ ain't cool or NORMAL.

I'm with Dirty on this one. I respect the hell out of him as a musician/entertainer...but I have ZERO respect for him as a man.

if you wanna try to start to understand MJ, go watch Peter Pan, his fave movie. You know how some people make an effort to pattern/create their lives aftermovies/tv series/even the characters in them (Scarface, Batman/Joker, Star Trek)?
he fully immersed himself in the character/world of Peter Pan. He wanted to be children's Peter Pan. after all, he named his ranch home,"Neverland".

His reality, his rules and ideas of what it should be was never what you or I believe them to be and it comes from his efforts to turn fantasy intoreality.

I don't know if he molested those children, but I do know that closeness stems from wanting to be that figure who brings children happiness through hiscreation of a "Neverland". It was only something he probably thought he could provide.

R. kelly was found not guilty too....does that imma leave me 15 year old dominican daughter there with him to chill?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

R. kelly was found not guilty too....does that imma leave me 15 year old dominican daughter there with him to chill?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Thats Different Fam'...we've all seen the Tape
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom