Michael Jordan 25th Anniversary Jersey

if i'm late then sorry....

mnjordan2-1.jpg

To commemorate "The Moment The Game Changed," Mitchell & Ness re-released MichaelJordan's rookie jersey. The jersey itself is tailored to the exact specifications of the one that Jordan wore in 1984-85. These jerseys will releaseexactly 25-years after MJ graced the NBA hardwood (October 26, 1984). The Mitchell & Ness store in Philly, NBA Store in NYC, The Chicago Bulls team store,and NBAstore.com will be the only places to buy the jerseys, which retail for $375.

Mitchell & Ness delivered one of these jerseys to me last week. Upon removing the dust cover and opening the meticulously designed Mitchell & Ness box,I found one of the greatest gifts/perks that I have ever received. Mitchell & Ness produced 1,264 jerseys to reflect the number of games Jordan played as a pro. This number includes the regular season, All-Star, and playoffs. Each jersey is stitched with a number from1-1264, to represent a specific game. An elegant plaque fastened inside the commemorative box is etched with the specific details of the date and game. Forexample, I received game number 879 of 1264. My plaque reads, "Your jersey represents game #879 in the career of Michael Jordan. Game #879 was held March18, 1996 as the Chicago Bulls defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 98-94. Michael Jordan's stat line that day included 38 points, 11 rebounds, and 4assists." I was hoping to get the game where MJ dropped 55 on the Knicks right after his first comeback… so I could burn it! Oh well…

mnjordan1-1.jpg

from sneakerfiles

Finally a product worthy of his Hall of Fame year. JB couldn't get it right so I'm glad Mitchell & Ness did.

Originally Posted by GeneGreenRKO

I wanted one, but man 375 is pretty high for me right now thanks to some bills..

i will take both... $375 isnt bad considering how special the item is... the noting of the game and stats are cool! WHEN DOES IT RELEASE????????

i remember hearing that mitchell and ness couldn't make jordan jerseys for some reason. like they couldn't get the rights or something. maybe thingshave changed. or maybe it was false to begin with. anyone else ever heard of this?

Back
Top Bottom