Michael Jordan unveils the Air Jordan 2009

laugh.gif

What a joke. Its a team jordan no matter what they call it. Idiots...all they have to do is come out with quality retros and they'd be taking in moneyhand over fist. Mark my words, after this flop we may never see another "Jordan [INSERT YEAR]" shoe.

Team jordans are weak, they will always be weak and JB just needs to understand that. Yeah, the general public may buy them, but then they'll move ontothe next fad. JB lost its rock solid customer base.

so does every jordan now - have to have a "limited release first"...
is this going to be one top 23 retailer joints again?

Originally Posted by swingshot

Feel kinda sorry for Mayden, having to plug a cut down version of what he turned in.
i hope at some point we can see the original design of the shoe. it's too bad that the final result wasn't what he intended. i hopejordan brand is worried about this shoe...because, quite frankly, THEY SHOULD BE. i can't believe they followed the XX3 with THIS.

bookmarks this page for when all the hypebeast on niketalk start to like a different colorway of the 09s. When it happens I'm going to bump this threadtill i'm banned....

these joints are ugly though.

Originally Posted by SomaHC

LOL at the shovel on the bottom
roll.gif

I like the double-stack zoom, but the rest of the heel "tech" and design seems like a gimmick.

Also, what was scrapped from Mayden's original design? Perhaps he asked for too much from production. Designers have to push the envelope but at the sametime maintain a sense of practicality.

• Heel detail references Michael Jordan's statue in front of the Chicago Bulls' United Center: The left shoe reads "Greatest there ever was," and the right, "Greatest there ever will be."

talk about an ego. wow...

M!ke

Originally Posted by AmericanDream

• Heel detail references Michael Jordan's statue in front of the Chicago Bulls' United Center: The left shoe reads "Greatest there ever was," and the right, "Greatest there ever will be."
talk about an ego. wow...

M!ke

Yeah. Jordan is the man and he was pretty cocky back in the day, but a little modesty at his age now would be nice.

i will try it on..if its comfortable..i will cop and ball in it for sure..
that is what they are for..

I have learned not to judge Js in the past decade until I see them in person or in detail. That's when the art is appreciated. After seeing the pics on JBswebsite the "24"s will be added to the other 1-23s of my collection. I love the concept and inspiration of the shoe. I had to come to the realizationthat the XX3s had to be special and that I cant expect to have every release afterwards to be "TINKER" worthy. JB did what the company is all about."AIR JORDAN returns and presents the world with the answer to the Jordan Brand's challenge of creating the most original basketball shoe on theplanet." They are ahead of their time and just like past releases the new generation numbered Js will not be appreciated until a few years from now. Imglad I can still look forward to the creative and new technology that they put out once a year that stamps the legacy of what made JB instead of all thisfusion crap and butchered classic colorways in the past.

Appreciation:
Fencing Inspiration - Inspired all the sharp pointed and slash designs on the shoe. The detail of the silver mesh thatimmulates the metal protection in fencing on the shoe is sick! Peep it in detail.

Articulated Propulsion Technology (APT) - Well done. Cant wait to see how they perform. Big ups for the tribute to PARALYMPIANS! IMO the heel is fire!So different and innovative. It's like JBs version of a more classy and sleek shox design.

Thermo Plastic Urethane (TPU ) - Very creative! They answered us w/ that marble or "bowling ball" look on the sample XIXs that most wereasking for. If you notice on JBs website, they have 2 pictures of the same angle where they illuminated the midsole. In the first pic it shows the smokey,blown glass, marble effect, but when hit w/ light it gives it that chrome like effect that I loved so much on the XVIIs.

I can go on. The layered detail of the luxurious leather goes well with the stitching design on the shoe. If you look close and past all the slashes, the outerpart of the sole is accented in like a wood grain/finger print effect. I also found that the Jordan lettering was very creative by being able to read it upsidedown. Also, I love how your ankles have a fitted cushion inside the shoe. And last but not least, I did not like the "LA Gear" looking stripes atfirst, but after close inspection they remind me of a thinner ironed down mesh just like on the XIs.

Sorry for the long read/post. Just wanted to share my opinion and appreciation of the shoe. It grew on me fairly quickly after seeing the first photos thatsurfaced on NT. As you can tell I love the shoe, but I agree w/ you all that the $190 is pretty steep. I will be copping w/ an employee discount and hopefullymultiple pairs once they hit the sales/clearance racks. Cant wait to see other colorways!

i love these. loved them ever since i first saw them.
would get them if i had money.

didnt read through the whole thread but i keep reading that these are the watered down version of the OG concept, anybody got pics info on the OG concept?

Originally Posted by Freshkid614

Originally Posted by KCJORDANHEAD

Shape is nice but not worth the price tag. I'll wait til they hit the sales racks.
Agree, I might as well wait til then.
laugh.gif

wait or no luck. doesn't matter at all. still want to try the tech tho. a $70+ sneaker to ball is too expensive to me

those are terrible. Mike even looks unhappy holding them. They seriously look like a basketball shoe and a pair of high heels had a kid. The ultimate fusion.JB's only good for one good J every ten years now anyway. I expected this.

Back
Top Bottom