middle eastern food appreciation?

Just ate a shawarma plate from my local middle eastern spot and I couldn't feel better. (we'll see how i feel in about 30 min when I get the %!!#*
laugh.gif
)
but nonetheless middle eastern food is def appreciated.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dca8h3.jpg

I dont know too much about middle eastern cuisine.

im intrigued.

*waits for someone in the know to school me, complete with pics*

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

it looks good. whats that on the far right inside the aluminum foil?
pita bread

and to the other dude,
the stuff at the top left is shawarma chicken (i think it's grilled w/ spices) & underneath the chicken is lettuce, tomatoes, and onions
the stuff at the top right is hummus
the stuff at the bottom right is some type of salad w/ diced tomatoes/onions/cucumbers.

Originally Posted by 92

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

it looks good. whats that on the far right inside the aluminum foil?
pita bread

and to the other dude,
the stuff at the top left is shawarma chicken (i think it's grilled w/ spices) & underneath the chicken is lettuce, tomatoes, and onions
the stuff at the top right is hummus
the stuff at the bottom right is some type of salad w/ diced tomatoes/onions/cucumbers.
damn that sounds good. except this hummus crap. what is that? i remember seeing that alot on dont mess with the zohan movie lol

I eat this food every day at home. Ramadan is coming up, and I cannot wait to eat all my Mama's cooking and go to other people's houses for dinnerinvites and munch on Middle Eastern homemade food.

When the weekend comes along, this is the traditional Palestinian breakfast we eat. We make almost every single thing made in this picture.
0511breakfast2-web2.jpg

the only middle eastern food i like is gyros. i tried some indian food at work and it was a damn waste of money
sick.gif
sick.gif

what is a falafel exactly? Theres this halal cart i go to sometimes and get some bomb !!+ chicken and lamb with rice. he also sells falafel but i have no cluewhat it is
laugh.gif

Appreciated.
I like the big meals with Chicken / Beef Shawarma and Basmati Rice with Tahini sauce...
but also Chicken / Beef Shawarma in a pita with veggies & hot sauce and tahini.
There's a place in Toronto that's open very late, and after a night of clubbing... Shawarma in a pita is much needed.

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

the only middle eastern food i like is gyros. i tried some indian food at work and it was a damn waste of money
sick.gif
sick.gif
Gyros is more like Greek food. Also, Indian food and Middle Eastern food are VERY different.

drsfinest72 wrote:
damn that sounds good. except this hummus crap. what is that? i remember seeing that alot on dont mess with the zohan movie lol
hummus.jpg

This is hummus. It is basically smooshed chickpeas. Real good stuff. You should try it.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

what is a falafel exactly? Theres this halal cart i go to sometimes and get some bomb !!+ chicken and lamb with rice. he also sells falafel but i have no clue what it is
laugh.gif
Falafel (pronounced /fəˈlɑ

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by 92

dca8h3.jpg
laugh.gif
much appreciated though the buttered chicken they haveis
pimp.gif
and i remember a while back my co-worker brought in some sort of pitasandwhich %$%* was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
had some kind of red meat i think anyone know what i'mtalkin about?
pimp.gif

Appreciated. I hit up my local middle eastern food spot pretty regularly. I usually go with the falafel plate, but schwarma is good too. I've also gonethrough periods where I've eaten hummus every day for weeks. Love the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom