Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

Damn that was a big unintentional whoops on the part of the marketing team. Woulda made more sense and less brutal had it been with the Black Ranger since he went for a Zord Joy Ride but yeah that's hella egg on their face.

we actually had to leave before they morphed. when rita repulsa attacked the second dude, i looked at my son and his eyes were really big. i asked him if he wanted to stay or go home and he said go home lol so we left. he just made 4 so it was a gamble going into it. we could have stayed but i didn't wanna have to deal with him being afraid to sleep or any other nonsense. i'm glad we got the free tickets though and we ate a buncha snacks before we left so it was a nice night out.

we actually had to leave before they morphed. when rita repulsa attacked the second dude, i looked at my son and his eyes were really big. i asked him if he wanted to stay or go home and he said go home lol so we left. he just made 4 so it was a gamble going into it. we could have stayed but i didn't wanna have to deal with him being afraid to sleep or any other nonsense. i'm glad we got the free tickets though and we ate a buncha snacks before we left so it was a nice night out.

Dope quality time either way my guy

Tweet didn't make sense cuz she's Latina not Asian.

Unless it's specifically saying the yellow ranger isn't Asian this time which is wild offensive.

Last edited:
Tweet didn't make sense cuz she's Latina now Asian.

Unless it's specifically saying the yellow ranger isn't Asian this time which is wild offensive.

I believe it was perceived to be offensive because Thuy (the original Trini) died in a car accident.

Also its intent was because they are "teenagers" in high school possibly without a DL but they operate/drive Zords.

Using that caption with the yellow ranger was very misguided. Unless the marketing team was completely clueless about the accident which I believe as I didn't know until this morning however I'm not paid by Saban entertainment to know these things lol

Just came back and wasn't expecting much but man Billy stole the show. I really wished they showed the Zord being built together like the first time we saw transformers 1 and the sounds of the autobots transformering.

Damn code is dead thought about going again
laugh.gif
I'm assuming they have a policy for one-time use per email. Try using a different email.

6 / 8

Pretty good, pretty good.

POSITIVES
- The emotional scenes got me in my damn feelz, fam. The confession scene with Zack's story felt so damn real -- the actor looked like he was about to cry. 
indifferent.gif

- Billy was the star here. They did NOT do him wrong. He wasn't even a nerd, more like a nerdy funny guy. 
laugh.gif

- Kimberly + Trini = 
embarassed.gif

- Elizabeth Banks killed it as Rita. She definitely flourished in her scenes. 
pimp.gif

- The first hour was awesome with really nice character building.
NEGATIVES
- Why didn't Zack smash Trini? Shorty was lowkey feeling him, lesbianhonest. 
smokin.gif

- Why didn't Jason smash Kimberly? 
mean.gif

Trash *** ******* movie. I hope they crash and burn in the box office for making this mockery. I don't think a sequel coming :D

Last edited:
:lol :rollin

Son wanted to hate it when it wasn't looking like a good movie at all. Not at all surprised he stayed with it.

When Saban sold Power Rangers to Disney all those years ago, it was for 100 mil.

Not sure how much Saban spent to get it back, but you got to think that the price started at 100 mil. If they can't successfully launch this franchise because they had went cheap making the movie :x

Last edited:
Oh it makes even more sense now why that was the budget now :lol

Could've been 50 mil and he'd just use stock footage for the words from one of the movies.

Disney should've held on to the rights. They made of money. What's 100 mil to them (assuming that's what Saban paid to get it back)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom