Miguel Tejada reveals his real age...

That interview was tough man.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

What needs to happen to those guys on ESPN again is some Jim Everett/Jim Rome type deal where the athlete just says screw it and goes after the reporter. If Miggy hops up with some intent, I wonder how tough that guy woulda been with his paperwork then.

All it takes is one of those and ESPN will slow their breaking news down big time.

WOW SMH at ESPN. You ain't got to put dude on blast for that @@#%, he ain't the only one. But damn, my dude has flew off hard.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And that's his right to do so. Who is ESPN to say 'No, you're not going to let you lie about this anymore. We're going to force you to come clean; we're cleaning out your closet for you'?

And the only reason I say that is because this issue is so insignificant right now. It matters... none. If the A's are in trouble for signing him before they were allowed to, then that's between Tejada, the A's, and whoever's responsible for prosecuting the A's and/or Tejada. This is too small of a personal issue for ESPN to step in and air him out.

I completely agree with him leaving that interview, and I fully support him. Like he said, 'I'm not here to talk about personal stuff like this. I thought we would talk baseball' (paraphrased, obviously).

However, if this hadn't been revealed, Tejada would've likely once again used his age and the belief that he was 2 years younger, to benefit him infree agency, I believe after next season. Now, the fact that he's actually almost 35 plus the steroid issue, may prevent a team from signing him to thesame type of contract that that he could've gotten prior to this coming out.
Like I said, I don't support how ESPN does things, but when you LIEabout 2 important issues that could affect what an organization is paying you, it's bound to come back and bite you in the *!%.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And that's his right to do so. Who is ESPN to say 'No, you're not going to let you lie about this anymore. We're going to force you to come clean; we're cleaning out your closet for you'?

And the only reason I say that is because this issue is so insignificant right now. It matters... none. If the A's are in trouble for signing him before they were allowed to, then that's between Tejada, the A's, and whoever's responsible for prosecuting the A's and/or Tejada. This is too small of a personal issue for ESPN to step in and air him out.

I completely agree with him leaving that interview, and I fully support him. Like he said, 'I'm not here to talk about personal stuff like this. I thought we would talk baseball' (paraphrased, obviously).

However, if this hadn't been revealed, Tejada would've likely once again used his age and the belief that he was 2 years younger, to benefit him in free agency, I believe after next season. Now, the fact that he's actually almost 35 plus the steroid issue, may prevent a team from signing him to the same type of contract that that he could've gotten prior to this coming out.
Like I said, I don't support how ESPN does things, but when you LIE about 2 important issues that could affect what an organization is paying you, it's bound to come back and bite you in the *!%.

But it wouldn't really matter, Tejada's at a point in his career where he's probably getting 1-2 year deals, 3 at the max. Sure maybe nowthey're gonna have to look at his age more closely but all that matters is what you're putting on the field, be it at 18, 23, or 45. If you can play asport, age is of no importance.
Now had this been in football, it would have been a lot bigger since football is much more physical and your body takes more of a toll, especially atolder age.

Yeah, understandable, but that's beside the point to me. A lie is a lie, dude was intentionally trying to deceive people for his own benefit and I'mnot into it. ESPN sucks, but you reap what you sow and if this hurts Tejada, he has nobody to blame but himself. Just my thoughts.

Yeah, understandable, but that's beside the point to me. A lie is a lie, dude was intentionally trying to deceive people for his own benefit and I'm not into it. ESPN sucks, but you reap what you sow and if this hurts Tejada, he has nobody to blame but himself. Just my thoughts.
I completely disagree, people have their reasons for lying. In the case of Latino players, it could affect their lives. How old is OrlandoHernandez? Albert Pujols (Sorry First Born)? etc. It affects them more than it affects us. What should ESPN do next, out athletes that are in the closet. People are not allowed to lie about their sexuality? Last I checked, the majority of athletes that are in the closet, swear up and down that they are straightand love women. It is an extreme case, but the point we are trying to drive is that personal stuff like age, sexuality, etc. is none of our business.

Does it affect us that Tejada is 33? It really doesn't, does it affect the Astros organization? Yes it does, but I am sure they along with other MLBteams will not throw a long term contract at Miggy. Everyone knows Miggy is declining, for various reasons. More than likely someone in the Astros, Oriolesand A's baseball operations department knew about the snafu, however, it was not important enough to be aired out.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Yeah, understandable, but that's beside the point to me. A lie is a lie, dude was intentionally trying to deceive people for his own benefit and I'm not into it. ESPN sucks, but you reap what you sow and if this hurts Tejada, he has nobody to blame but himself. Just my thoughts.
I completely disagree, people have their reasons for lying. In the case of Latino players, it could affect their lives. How old is Orlando Hernandez? Albert Pujols (Sorry First Born)? etc. It affects them more than it affects us. What should ESPN do next, out athletes that are in the closet. People are not allowed to lie about their sexuality? Last I checked, the majority of athletes that are in the closet, swear up and down that they are straight and love women. It is an extreme case, but the point we are trying to drive is that personal stuff like age, sexuality, etc. is none of our business.

Does it affect us that Tejada is 33? It really doesn't, does it affect the Astros organization? Yes it does, but I am sure they along with other MLB teams will not throw a long term contract at Miggy. Everyone knows Miggy is declining, for various reasons. More than likely someone in the Astros, Orioles and A's baseball operations department knew about the snafu, however, it was not important enough to be aired out.

Okay, I guess I just don't respect people that lie like that and I have no sympathy for them getting outed. I can't believe that you comparesomething with a social biased and even hatred, to age. Sure, Tejada's age doesn't affect me personally...but who am I to care that he got exposed,regardless of how it was done.

For me personally, I've always felt like the less I have in common with someone I'm criticizing, the less of a right I have to criticize them. If Ihave a ton of things in common with someone, then my criticism of them should be taken more seriously than the criticisms I have of someone I have very veryfew things in common with.

Back
Top Bottom