MILITARY Heads Come in, Advice Needed.

I'm looking to go into either the Air Force or Army with the intention of being an MP (and possibly a police officer if I choose to leave after my 4-5years). My bro-in-law is a Captain in the Army and just came back home from Afghanistan for R&R so I discussed it with him and he basically said that theAir Force MP's are pretty much at the bottom of the totem pole the air force will be easier than the army. I'm going to continue to look into otherfields in both the army and the air force but I wouldn't mind hearing some other feedback from those in service and already out of service. I'm 21 nowwith 2 years of college and want a serious change. This interest me the most. Help me out.

My mom is an MP so here's some input from me.
- MP's are usually the 1st deployed
- Don't get stationed in Ft. Bliss
- Choose a career that you would like to do once you retire

Im thinking about joining the air force as an officer but i am sooo scared to get shipped to some state far away for 4 years. i would join in a heartbeat ifthey could guarantee a spot in one of florida's AFB :/

I was in Air Force Security Forces (SFs) 01-05. Don't get your hopes up about doing law enforcement stuff, you will do mostly security work.

Also, the deployment rate for SFs are high if you do not go to a nuclear weapons base.

But if your looking for a challenge SF can go to Sniper school, Ranger school, Army Air Assault School and also K-9

You might want to check into Pararescue, Combat Control, and TACP those are special operations but if you want a challenge that is where it is at.

I've been in for 7.5 years now. I'm a C- 17 aircraft loadmaster. Hands down, Best ENLISTED job. If you want to make tons of money and travel the worldthats the job son. I'm not just saying that because this is my job. It's a known fact throughout the air force. Do some research on enlisted aircrew.You can't go wrong.....

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Be an Aerial Gunner or Loadmaster. Those are what i wanted to be when i was gonna join. I remember i went to the recruiters office all ready to sign up but thesent me away since i have a kid and at the time i wasnt married. Now that my daughter is older i dont think id be able to sign up anymore cuz i would miss outon a lot of time with her.

air force for over 4 years and the last thing u wanna do is be a cop in the air force. be far the worst job the we have to offer. and its not even like being areal cop. u will be sittin on the flight line watching a freakin airplane for 12 hrs. does that sound like fun??? well tryin doin it 4 days straight! how aboutworkin that 12 hr shift at the gate checkin ID cards??? its nothing like being a real cop. its plum dumb stupid! trust me as a mp in the air force u will hatelife like most of them due. there suicide and coming out the closet rate is HIGH! coming out the closet and sayin they are gay is a easy way to get out themilitary.

definitely consider doing another job kid but just think if u dont u can prolly be a mall cop when u get out. that seems cool right?

i am not a MP but i have 2 friends who are and they hate it

join w/e service u want, i suggest the AF and dont be security forces, worst job ever.
did 6yrs in intel

thytkerjobs wrote:

Im thinking about joining the air force as an officer but i am sooo scared to get shipped to some state far away for 4 years. i would join in a heartbeat if they could guarantee a spot in one of florida's AFB :/

dont join, stay at home with your blanket.

Chair Force.
smh.gif

Marines son, unless you don't think you can hack it.
pimp.gif

im about join the air force and will be reporting to basic soon, i can tell you now "SF" is the worst job , from every head in the air force thatI've asked, and if you want to be a cop you will have to go threw the same stuff regular civilians do to get a Police Job, your time in the force counts asnothing towards police jobs
frown.gif
and dont believe the hype army does not get it in like dude claims. The marines gets it in if you wanna be on that MW2 typedeal. I cant wait to join the AIR FORCE i wanna be based/deployed in Europe or japan so bad
pimp.gif

Pick a job that closely relates to what you like and also visit this site right here

http://www.afforums.com/modules/Jig/index.php

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

dont believe the hype army does not get it in like dude claims.
Cmon Son

Special Forces are like the most elite in the U.S Military. and Rangers get it in.

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Cmon Son

Special Forces are like the most elite in the U.S Military. and Rangers get it in.

but he wants to have a job that translate to civilian world, he's not gonna become a cop by being Special Forces. I mean u sound like a real jar headrecruiter son "get real"

Im Air Force Intel and with TS clearance you can make some serious money.. I will hit my 10yr mark this year.

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Cmon Son

but he wants to have a job that translate to civilian world, he's not gonna become a cop by being Special Forces. I mean u sound like a real jar head recruiter son "get real"

He could do Swat.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

This.
I know people that pretty much spent their entire military career there. And no thats not a good thing.

If you join the Army, when you go to pick your job, think about what the worst most annoying thing that could happen. That's pretty much how its going togo.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Im thinking about joining the air force as an officer but i am sooo scared to get shipped to some state far away for 4 years. i would join in a heartbeat if they could guarantee a spot in one of florida's AFB :/

If you don't want to leave home, don't join.

But....

You could possibly stay in Fla.
I know alot of people who are from NC, guess what... they are stationed right here in NC with me.
Or when you finish you school for your job, can see if someone gets fla. and trade you bases. Doubt it though.

Back
Top Bottom