Miller Lite > your fav beer

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Domestics have no room to be in a "best beer" discussion. If anybody wants to try real beer, come to a Place like Portland with the best beer and the most breweries of any city in the world.
rogue is one of my favorites. had it when i visited portland
my favorite beers:

guinness

sam - boston lager, octoberfest, winter, pils, summer, heffe

harpoon ufo and ipa

sierra nevada 

carling

newcastle
Rogue, Widmer, Deschutes, you name it, its all
pimp.gif
i love widmer...had no idea it was from portland 
Yeah, Widmer is my favorite brewery. Portland is beer heaven, seriously. If anybody ever thinks about coming to visit the city come when the Oregon Brewers Festival is going down (its called Brew Fest by the locals). 100's of beers from all over the country and world on tap right on the waterfront in downtown Portland with the awesome summer weather out here. It is a BLAST.
It's not just Portland, but the entire state of Oregon makes amazing beer

Oregon beer > any other state

Also I can't wait for the brew fest
Well yeah, I just use Portland as the main reference. Deschutes and Rogue are both from outside the city but have restaurants in downtown. Full Sail has some legit stuff also. I just feel sorry for people in parts of the country that don't have good micro selections that are local and therefore are cheaper. I know places like Colorado have good selections also.  

Nah. Y'all have some great breweries, but it's Cali and it's not even really close. Wayyy too many great breweries, but it's also about 15x's the size of Oregon
laugh.gif

Colorado, Oregon, Michigan and probably a few others are fighting for that 2nd spot. West Coast is definitely killing it on the microbrewery scene...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Nah. Y'all have some great breweries, but it's Cali and it's not even really close. Wayyy too many great breweries, but it's also about 15x's the size of Oregon
laugh.gif

Colorado, Oregon, Michigan and probably a few others are fighting for that 2nd spot. West Coast is definitely killing it on the microbrewery scene...

Milwaukee, WI= The OG King of beers

Buring the 60's,70's, and early part of the 80's we were the beer capital. Due to alot of plants closing we got pushed back

laugh.gif

Prove it.

WDTSGENBER.jpg
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Prove it.

Uhh, drink their beers?

Sierra Nevada
Stone
Lagunitas
Russian River
North Coast
Green Flash
Mad River
Bear Republic
Anchor

Agree to disagree I suppose...you on BeerAdvocate?

Anyone ever try Brooklyn Lager?

I just picked up their "Pre-Prohibition" style and I enjoyed it, wanted to see if others have.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I just picked up their "Pre-Prohibition" style and I enjoyed it, wanted to see if others have.
I've tried Brooklyn Pennant Ale cause some lame had some. The bottles pretty cool, has like a baseball on it. 
Wasn't bad, but I was already a few deep so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

laugh.gif

Prove it.
Uhh, drink their beers?

Sierra Nevada
Stone
Lagunitas
Russian River
North Coast
Green Flash
Mad River
Bear Republic
Anchor

I'm not on BeerAdvocate but I think it comes down to a couple things. 1. Taste and 2. (prolly most important) Where you are from
wink.gif

Deschutes Brewery
Rogue
Widmer Brothers
BridgePort Brewing
McMenamins Brewing
Full Sail

Those are just the main "big" breweries here. The best are the small local ones. Way too many to even discuss them all. I haven't even been to half of them.
http://www.ratebeer.com/b...ers-directory-37-213.htm

Now I'll give you one, Lost Coast. I went on a road trip last summer to SF and drove 101 back to Portland and stopped in at Lost Coast because one of my favorite beers is Great White. That beer is choice. I am not a big fan of Sierra Nevada or any of the other Cali breweries though.

^ ill have to check that out. i found a place back home in MA that sells 22oz bottles (7 bucks a pop
laugh.gif
)
back home? you're in nyc now right? go to new beer.

167 Chrystie Street

my two favorite brewerys gotta be dogfish and great divide.

just picked up these
20gbckz.jpg

Frank's Beverage in Long Island has a great selection, best store I've been too so far. I was really happy to see that they had Rouge but they only seem to have pints and not 6 packs.
Picked this up earlier in the week
flickr-3763470664-image.jpg

laugh.gif
Steel is evil.  Three 40 ozs. on an empty stomach had me singing "I Want to be Your Man" to the KFC cashier at 3 a.m. last night.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BroboCop

I've tried Brooklyn Pennant Ale cause some lame had some. The bottles pretty cool, has like a baseball on it. 
Wasn't bad, but I was already a few deep so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

I like some of their beers.  Their winter and summer specials are awesome.  The regular lager is alright.  I do recommend taking a tour of the brewery though if you ever visit NYC.

laugh.gif

Prove it.
Uhh, drink their beers?

Sierra Nevada
Stone
Lagunitas
Russian River
North Coast
Green Flash
Mad River
Bear Republic
Anchor

I'm not on BeerAdvocate but I think it comes down to a couple things. 1. Taste and 2. (prolly most important) Where you are from
wink.gif

Deschutes Brewery
Rogue
Widmer Brothers
BridgePort Brewing
McMenamins Brewing
Full Sail

Those are just the main "big" breweries here. The best are the small local ones. Way too many to even discuss them all. I haven't even been to half of them.
http://www.ratebeer.com/b...ers-directory-37-213.htm

Now I'll give you one, Lost Coast. I went on a road trip last summer to SF and drove 101 back to Portland and stopped in at Lost Coast because one of my favorite beers is Great White. That beer is choice. I am not a big fan of Sierra Nevada or any of the other Cali breweries though.

ding ding ding!

I'll admit that I am a homer and like the CA brews for the most part.  Not really a big Sierra Nevada guy either.  Great White is my go-to average beer assuming the bar serves it.  I am also partial to Stone's Pale Ale's and some good ole Anchor Steam.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by BroboCop

I like some of their beers.  Their winter and summer specials are awesome.  The regular lager is alright.  I do recommend taking a tour of the brewery though if you ever visit NYC.
The seasonals look pretty good, do any of them come in pints? I plan on taking a tour eventually.

Back
Top Bottom