Minimum Wage

mean.gif

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/04/news/companies/walmart-medicaid/index.html
"Last I checked, nobody was forcing people to work at Wal-Mart."
  •  
I seriously don't understand why people say things like this.

They'll raise the minimum wage and more and more employers will cut hours to offset the increase

Exactly, There is no need for animosity between huge corporations and the people, lets prosper together, the people grow, the business grows, win win.

I could see this
Workers would shop at their own stores cause of that bonus and people would work harder to keep people at the store

Here is the issue

THAT BONUS CUTS INTO PROFITS

So outside of the great company like Costco I don't see this happening

wal-mart is a disgusting company. they treat their employees like ****. I don't shop there for that reason.

They'll raise the minimum wage and more and more employers will cut hours to offset the increase
True but it's kinda unfair. These big companies are making record profits, they're aren't gonna be suffering if they have to pay people a dollar or two more than they do now.

True but it's kinda unfair. These big companies are making record profits, they're aren't gonna be suffering if they have to pay people a dollar or two more than they do now.

yup. But thats the way greedy america is. The only way to really solve this is the people at the top make less money. But that will never happen

I could see this
Workers would shop at their own stores cause of that bonus and people would work harder to keep people at the store

Here is the issue

THAT BONUS CUTS INTO PROFITS

So outside of the great company like Costco I don't see this happening
Regulatory committees would take that into consideration and adjust the pay, it dose not make sense for a company who is trending downward  to continue to pay bonuses. I cant speak for every one but i would have no problem with no bonus if it meant long term job security in the long run. 

I support it.

Here's the deal there are many people struggling for week. They get a job at mcdonalds and can barely afford rent and food in their fridge without government assistance. and yes mcdonalds should not be a career job but you should be able to live off of minimum wage and honestly in this day and age you absolutely can not.

I support it.

Here's the deal there are many people struggling for week. They get a job at mcdonalds and can barely afford rent and food in their fridge without government assistance. and yes mcdonalds should not be a career job but you should be able to live off of minimum wage and honestly in this day and age you absolutely can not.

I dig what you sayin, but I feel this gonna have some serious ramifications that we cant predict.

I support it.

I agree. One of the most common arguments is that minimum wage type jobs are beginner jobs, usually those for teens and stuff, but the majority of part time work is held by adults.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 at the idea that only small town fools think raising the minimum wage is bad. I live in one of the largest cities in the country, but that has nothing to do with it. It's all about economics and inflation. If you want to make more money, learn a skill and make yourself valuable. Don't raise the floor and eradicate the middle class simply because you want to survive as a marginal employee in a competitive environment. The increased minimum wage is still going to be worthless because the cost of everything will go up along with the minimum wage so everybody getting paid the minimum wage will still barely be able to get by. 

:lol:  at the idea that only small town fools think raising the minimum wage is bad. I live in one of the largest cities in the country, but that has nothing to do with it. It's all about economics and inflation. If you want to make more money, learn a skill and make yourself valuable. Don't raise the floor and eradicate the middle class simply because you want to survive as a marginal employee in a competitive environment. The increased minimum wage is still going to be worthless because the cost of everything will go up along with the minimum wage so everybody getting paid the minimum wage will still barely be able to get by. 

Agreed on this.

laugh.gif
 at the idea that only small town fools think raising the minimum wage is bad. I live in one of the largest cities in the country, but that has nothing to do with it. It's all about economics and inflation. If you want to make more money, learn a skill and make yourself valuable. Don't raise the floor and eradicate the middle class simply because you want to survive as a marginal employee in a competitive environment. The increased minimum wage is still going to be worthless because the cost of everything will go up along with the minimum wage so everybody getting paid the minimum wage will still barely be able to get by. 
That's the cold truth

I support it.

View media item 596174
theres a reason why a man in the 60s was the only one working in a family of 4 with a house and car note. it was actually achievable

:lol:  at the idea that only small town fools think raising the minimum wage is bad. I live in one of the largest cities in the country, but that has nothing to do with it. It's all about economics and inflation. If you want to make more money, learn a skill and make yourself valuable. Don't raise the floor and eradicate the middle class simply because you want to survive as a marginal employee in a competitive environment. The increased minimum wage is still going to be worthless because the cost of everything will go up along with the minimum wage so everybody getting paid the minimum wage will still barely be able to get by. 

I usually hear crickets when I ask these questions but I'll give it a shot:

So is the answer to fixing the economy to lower minimum wage then? Since you say raising it is bad, so if you lower it so say $3/hr, will that stimulate the economy and create many more jobs?

Since you say the cost of everything will go up along with minimum wage, do you think that all prices are set by minimum wage? So for example, an Iphone will cost less or more based on the level of minimum wage.

Lmao people really saying $10/hour is too high??? Where do y'all live and how much you make? 10 ain't **** in Cali

Lmao people really saying $10/hour is too high??? Where do y'all live and how much you make? 10 ain't **** in Cali

Yea, $10 in Cali is low. I went out there for work a while back and cab rides from the airport were like $100. I remember I went out for drinks, ordered a grey goose w/sprite and a beer, tried to give the guy a $20 before he told me the price, and he stopped me like, no it's $25.

Last edited:
I support it.

View media item 596174
theres a reason why a man in the 60s was the only one working in a family of 4 with a house and car note. it was actually achievable

Back
Top Bottom