misconceptions about your city

Can anyone chime in on Chicago?

Thinking about visiting for the first time next month, I'll be downtown for the most part.

How's their subway system?

Vancouver, Canada

Fact: there are very few African-american types for a diverse city of this nature

My homeboy used to live out in VC. He told me that chicks was all over him because he was black and from the U.S. He said the only kinda black dudes he would run into out there was africans who dressed like seal :lol: . I gotta check Vancouver out tho always wanted to see the city

Just to show that I am not crazy. Article is from January but ATL is on there:

http://www.advocate.com/print-issue/current-issue/2013/01/09/gayest-cities-america-2013?page=full

Famb... The homosexuals in Atlanta were addressed on the first page... At this point it's like you're trying to throw salt on the A to try to make SF look better by comparison... Which says something about you as a person since you believe having a gay population somehow taints your city.

I'm not even from Georgia by birth, but I love "being from" Atlanta. I love my city, inclusive of all who inhabit it. Curve with all that nonsense you're talking.

Atl harlots > SF's

... Or were you hoping to keep this discussion strictly about homosexuality?

Actually the only reason why I say that ATL comment is cause I was at a party and this one black dude and his friend were talking about how ATL has such a huge gay following.

Lol no everybody knows that that's true, i'm talking about how you said they don't get any slander for it. They get ALOT.

I grew up in Boston but moved out a few years ago after getting married and having kids.
I'm white with Italian and Irish family.

I know there were a TON of racists in Boston. It's the generation before mine though, it's dying out quickly with age. I run a youth basketball league in one of the neighborhoods there and the black and spanish kids definitely act like they've encountered racism before when the first meet me, but after a while they get used to it. I hear nothing racist come from the young white kids in the league now who are all 13-16 years old, but growing up in my generation (I'm in my early 30s now) there was a lot of racism between everybody who were adults when i was a kid.
for reference the league is like 50% spanish and like 25% black 25% white.

Aside from that everyone is sports obsessed now, but i remember being one of the very few in the upper deck at Celtics games when the starting line up consisted of guys like Todd Day and Sherman Douglas, I remember sitting in the cold on the metal benches at Foxboro stadium before Gillette was built, and i know up until like 3 years ago i was one of the only guys going to Bruins games. The Success of the teams has made a lot of "lifelong" boston sports fans who couldn't tell you Michael Bishop from Marco Sturm.

Our accents are ******g obnoxious. I'm sorry. I try to control it when I travel.

If you are looking for girls here don't even bother in the summer. Great looking college girls all year, but they all go home in the summer and you're stuck with the screaming booze hags with the obnoxious accents.

The bars close at 2 am, that's true, and it's ridiculous. It's part of the fact that Massachusetts is the worst Nanny State outside of California and the gov here feels the need to tax and control every aspect of life.

Now I live in NH. We all have guns, hate taxes, and want to be left alone. It's nice.

In Cali, especially SF, we just day drink a lot more bc of the 2AM closing.... and we go to Vegas all the time

Famb... The homosexuals in Atlanta were addressed on the first page... At this point it's like you're trying to throw salt on the A to try to make SF look better by comparison... Which says something about you as a person since you believe having a gay population somehow taints your city.

I'm not even from Georgia by birth, but I love "being from" Atlanta. I love my city, inclusive of all who inhabit it. Curve with all that nonsense you're talking.

Atl harlots > SF's

... Or were you hoping to keep this discussion strictly about homosexuality?

Whoa....whoa. I am not even trying to make this anything about what you are saying. I didn't even think I came off aggressive for the most part. No hate on Atlanta at all and I didn't even know that city was known for that. I am honestly just at work and just chiming in on a true misconception of SF and brought up the ATL thing because I recently just heard of that not too long ago. It might be ignorant not to know but I didn't even mean it to be some sort of diss or whatever.

Most of the homosexuals in Atlanta aren't really from Atlanta. Your homosexuals are the "undesirables" from up north and Cali, who are looking for cheap housing and jobs.

The real natives from Atlanta reside in the east/westside communities (metro atlanta) and the men are far from homosexual.

Most of the Atlanta traffic is caused by immigrants and non natives (Northerners/ immigrants) who can't drive or aren't use to driving.
I REPEAT MOST HOMOSEXUALS IN ATLANTA ARE NOT FROM ATLANTA. THEY ARE ORIGINALLY FROM THE NORTH. THEY CAME TO ATLANTA DURING THE 1996 OLYMPICS 

C'mon y'all act like there ain't a younger generation of gays in Atlanta

The ones y'all speak of is 35+ now

Exactly the 35+ homosexuals came to the south for jobs and cheap rent. FYI Homosexuals strategically chose to live Atlanta because they knew freaknik would be a thing of the past after the 1996 Olympics.

Its a segregated city
how so? i've heard it was.
i'm a red sox fan and was planning on heading out there next year for a few days to catch some games, i'm mexican but i think i could fit in since my name is irish 
laugh.gif

Different races live in different places .. ill break it down .. to the best of my knowledge :lol:

Neighborhoods of Boston

Allston- College town. Best place to live if your young.. Lots of asians but youll see everything
Back Bay- Not sure. White I'd assume
Bay Village- Never heard of it lol
Beacon Hill- I didnt know that people live there really its the "hub" area..
Brighton- Same as allston. College town. ..everything
Charlestown- Scumbag white people..not sure what else
Chinatown/Leather District- chinatown=asians id assume. not sure of leather district
Dorchester- EVERYTHING. Dorchester has 4 or 5 parts. Each part is completely different. White, black, spanish, african, cape verdean, etc
Downtown- White
East Boston- mostly spanish
Fenway Kenmore- same as brighton/allston..College town..everything
Hyde Park- Just like dorchester.. white, black, spanish, haitian, cape verdeans, africans.. etc
Jamaica Plain- Good mix of everything. I spend 95% of my time here. Theres different parts of it.. Pretty much divided white and spanish. No primarly black part. JP is crazy. One part is rich houses, another huge chunk is multi family houses where every kind of people live, and the other part is 90% spanish.. Lots of hipsters, 20 something year olds, along with families..
Mattapan- black + island
Mid Dorchester- not sure
Mission Hill- Depends on the part..mostly black
North End- Italians
Roslindale- everyone..White black spanish asian no dominant race
Roxbury- black
South Boston- white irish guys
South End- not sure i think black
West End- never heard of it
West Roxbury- this is where I live. Its almost 100% white people. Ive only known MAYBE 5 black people that have lived here lol.. Good amount of asians and a few spanish people too.

All in all Boston is VERY diverse. I'm half chilean half iranian to give an example lol. And I live in West roxbury the whitest part IMO

In the end... Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury ,and Allston/Brighton >>>

Damn that took forever

Last edited:
Not everybody in Boston has a Boston accent. 
But a hell of a lot of people do. You probably have some sort of Boston accent (perhaps not the famous, stereotypical one) without even knowing it.

Yup sometimes I catch myself :lol: .. Some peoples accents are crazy though..

Although I'm from Boston I dont..

Care about the Bruins, Patriots, Celtics, or Red Sox... MMA and Soccer for me :pimp:
Drink iced coffee or go to dunkies
Pahk my cah
Do pills or coke
Im not racist
Wear green
Or shelltoes
Drink beer (that much) :pimp: for me

Idk what else im "supposed" to do

Can anyone chime in on Chicago?

Thinking about visiting for the first time next month, I'll be downtown for the most part.

How's their subway system?
Not from Chicago, but love the city

I'm going next month too

I believe their subway is supposed to be good, idk, if youre going to stay in the downtown area tho, like I did, you should just walk everywhere man, it's better that way, you see the cut more, the ladies more, like I said only if you're going to stay in the downtown area, if you're going to other parts of Chicago, then you want to use the subway

Exactly the 35+ homosexuals came to the south for jobs and cheap rent. FYI Homosexuals strategically chose to live Atlanta because they knew freaknik would be a thing of the past after the 1996 Olympics.
I remember when they tried to bring back a BS freaknik a couple years back..the city was blockin tho :lol:

I remember when they tried to bring back a BS freaknik a couple years back..the city was blockin tho :lol:
Man that was so weak. Ended up looking like a gay pride event in the end. Would love for Freaknik to come back though, the right way. The city was so live back then!!!

I miss the old Atlanta :frown:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
at a Bostonian admitting that his city is a bandwagon city. I wish more would own up to it. A former professor of mine said the same with the Patriots in how all of their games used to be blacked out.

Back
Top Bottom