misconceptions about your city

Memphis..

1.We have odd weather.. We only have about 2 months of real winter, Jan and Feb.. All the other months its either tolerable or hot as a MF!

2. Its nothing country about Memphis.. People don't ride horses and drive tractors on their land with crops and ish..

3. "Graceland" is in a black neighborhood originally named "Whitehaven"... The black residents of "Whitehaven" call it "Blackhaven" now.. Itz also on one of the most raggedy streets in the city...

4. I seen alot of rappers come thru the Nike Factory and get shoes.. Still don't kno how cuz someone that works for Nike has to put your name on the list..

5. West Memphis is not apart of Memphis.. That ish is in Arkansas..

Last edited:
Memphis..

1.We have odd weather.. We only have about 2 months of real winter, Jan and Feb.. All the other months its either tolerable or hot as a MF!

2. Its nothing country about Memphis.. People don't ride horses and drive tractors on their land with crops and ish..

3. "Graceland" is in a black neighborhood originally named "Whitehaven"... The black residents of "Whitehaven" call it "Blackhaven" now.. Itz also on one of the most raggedy streets in the city...

4. I seen alot of rappers come thru the Nike Factory and get shoes.. Still don't kno how cuz someone that works for Nike has to put your name on the list..

5. West Memphis is not apart of Memphis.. That ish is in Arkansas..

U work at employee store..?

hold up, girls are nice in toronto?! :wow: never been there guess i need to check it out.

may have to challenge you on that good brotha lol

my girl lives in malden so i travel there every other week or so. oddly there is a sizable minority community up there (especially haitian interestingly enough). somerville now that i think about it has a large brazillian population :evil: ...that or tufts students and yuppies. and quincy has a stupid large asian community. stupid large.

but yea the further out from boston you go the whiter it gets (particularly north). but thats new england in general. when i head up to Maine to kick it at da homie's lake house, i get that "don't belong here" feel. like al sharpton at a republican rally.

now boston has it all, i won't deny that. from irish to haitian, to vienamese. but it ain't no queens, so, again, by comparison it seems less diverse. so far i am not 100% familiar with all the neighborhoods yet. but dorchester for example, i kno is very segregated. check out that link i posted for the ny times census map. dorchester ave is that Du Bois color line nyumsayin?

as far as boston being racist as sum1 mentioned before, it def has that history/stigma. but honestly, i've never encountered racism in any form, and im always token among my friends up there. and i think its great. people are nicer than in nyc, and it weirds me out, people being all polite n **** up there. i sound like a ahole but its true :lol:

NYC is too crowded and living in philly for 5 yrs or so and always being in boston, i can def cosign that. the subway and highway systems were NEVER designed for today's city population, so that traffic life is real, in and above ground, day AND night.

and i've found that most new englanders say they could never do NYC for that specific reason. they find it too overwhelming. if i never experienced philly or boston, id have no idea wtf you people were talking about, but those cities are less crowded and DEF more chill/easier to live. so i can see how nyc would be too much.

that $12 jordans imax tho :pimp:
Yo son, my girl lives in Malden too 
laugh.gif
 pretty diverse town and nice lil place, I wouldn't mind settling there when I get older. A lot quieter and calmer compared to Boston but got the orange line that goes straight into the city. 

Living in Boston most my life, I'd be lying if I told y'all I've never encountered any racism. It definitely happens, but rarely. (I'm asian for those wondering) Most the time it's some drunk white dudes in Dorchester trying to be smart *****es. 

Frychew.gif

...do i kno you?

some ppl not from around the area think that Baltimore is in the DMV..2 totally different places

PPL think that the whole city is like The Wire :smh:
Pardon my ignorance but that's my perception of Bmore, are there any nice spots?? It doesn't seem like DC where there's good and bad it just seems bad :lol:
:lol: no problem mane, thats y i said that cuz alotta ppl think my city is one big *** hood...its a city with 600,000+ ppl and it has a downtown, harbor, tourists spots, entertainment, sports teams, rich areas, alot of Universities (college chicks :pimp: ), World class medical facilities etc.....wont lie tho we got whole sections of the city thats terrible and the bad parts are some of the worst/ poorest in the country..but it aint a war zone like southside Chicago and it aint the late 80's early 90's type grimey out here :lol:

Last edited:
Virginia Facts:

Virginia is the start of the south.
The only places to visit in Virginia are Northern Virginia, Richmond, maybe VA Beach.

VA Beach:

Go to the beach, otherwise theres no point in being there. Water is cold as ice tho and there are plenty of rednecks out there, so if your a minority don't be surprised if you hear a slur or two.
Va Beach is NC type of country. The whole damn south side is country. Locals don't even go to the beaches. Ptown, NN, and Hampton be ******g the scene up. Va Beach is really chill (if you're not from out of town). Outside looking in, you would think its all piccup truccs, military, hipsters and weed smokers. Nvm, that summed us up. We are NOTHING like NoVa.

Memphis..

Have you ever been to Graceland? I'd like to know because I want to take my grandmother there. She's a huge Elvis fan.

Louisville isnt full of hicks just because were in KY..theres more ghetto then hicks

Lville is actually in a huge boom right now..its gettin overcrowded tho

And yes we are the #1 College BBall state in the country (Back to back Champs)
pimp.gif
 my man 
pimp.gif

Have you ever been to Graceland? I'd like to know because I want to take my grandmother there. She's a huge Elvis fan.

Naw bruh I've never been, never wanted to go either...I don't kno anyone personally thatz ever been..
U work at employee store..?

Naw I don't, but I've always known someone that worked at Nike so they always had me on the list.. One of my friends is a police officer now so I just use him to cop kicks for me every now and again..

Flint, MI

Yes, Flint can be a dangerous place, but if you know where you're supposed to be then you'll be fine. Everybody knows where crime occurs, the people who live there just cant escape I guess.

The sad thing about Flint is that it is literally a trap, or a "cycle to speak" where violence happens in neighborhoods where people come from family backgrounds in the car industry and never really got an education. The GM/Chrylser Crash really hurt a lot of people in the Flint/Detroit Region, but the crash was seen coming for years and people (especially black people) did not proactively adjust to basically to massive change. Call it a cultural circumcision

Flint used to be a booming city, its peak coming in the 70s when my parents, both Flint natives, were teenagers. It basically was a smaller detroit and the economy was crazy stable. You could make more money by going into the shop and building a retirement fund instead of going to college. Back then you trie to get into GM before you went to college or entered the military!

But anyway people from Flint still have a big-city mindset and I think that is why a city that has become such a sad story continues to produce strong human beings who fight through things because that is just how EVERYONE gets down in the Flint-area. Even the white collar professionals have a blue collar vibe because we all come from that background, that great history. Flint produces great people in all industries and I take pride that Im from there

People not from Michigan (ESPECIALLY in other regions of the country) think we are from Detroit. We *** wit the D but we are Fli-City.

Cultural circumcision? Damb bruh, that was really deep. All of this though.

If anyone hasn't said it yet about San Francisco, CA. The fact that this is known as a primarily gay city should be so false. I am sure we have just as many as all major cities and from what I heard (again....what I heard), Atlanta has a huge gay following and yet no one ever talks about it. Anyways......SF is hardly as gay as people always tend to make it. We are more so pro gay if any and just support in the rights that gays want.

If anyone hasn't said it yet about San Francisco, CA. The fact that this is known as a primarily gay city should be so false. I am sure we have just as many as all major cities and from what I heard (again....what I heard), Atlanta has a huge gay following and yet no one ever talks about it. Anyways......SF is hardly as gay as people always tend to make it. We are more so pro gay if any and just support in the rights that gays want.

:rofl: Not sure if serious

really want to go to san fran. seems like an awesome city...

Actually the only reason why I say that ATL comment is cause I was at a party and this one black dude and his friend were talking about how ATL has such a huge gay following.

Actually the only reason why I say that ATL comment is cause I was at a party and this one black dude and his friend were talking about how ATL has such a huge gay following.

Va Beach is NC type of country. The whole damn south side is country. Locals don't even go to the beaches. Ptown, NN, and Hampton be ******g the scene up. Va Beach is really chill (if you're not from out of town). Outside looking in, you would think its all piccup truccs, military, hipsters and weed smokers. Nvm, that summed us up. We are NOTHING like NoVa.
your right that locals dont go to va beach but i think thats cause nobody wants to deal with tourists/heavy police presence/prices of parking + eating when every city around here has a beach..lol..norfolk has ocean view, hampton has buckroe ( got the biddies btw).

idk where this 757 is country talk is coming from tho...lol...but that usually how it goes..i go up top, people tell me i talk country..i go down bottom (even NC) people tell me i sound like a northerner....its usually a convo starter whether i go as little north as DC or south as Raleigh/durham..

i guess misconceptions about my area is that the whole 757 is va beach...va beach is the preppy city, where the parents buy kids a benz for their sweet 16...hampton is like their lil brother...suffolk is country...newport news/norfolk/portsmouth = dont come here if you aint from here...norfolk has its spots like downtown, ocean view, odu, etc..but every booming hangout in norfolk is literally across the street from the projects...nd hungry dudes usually act accordingly when the club let out nd they see a bunch of college kids walking to their audi looking like a lick..

cant speak for norva...that aint my scene.

Last edited:
What does this even mean? :lol:

Not a lot of African-Americans in British Columbia? You don't say.

Not American as in USA. But North American. Maybe its clearer if i just call it African-Canadian

Even though Toronto has much more black folks

And I'm seeing more Hispanic types in the past five, six years now

Yeah, I think he's just saying that it's very well known that ATL has a huge black gay population. A lot of people consider it a "Black" San Francisco in terms of the amount of homosexuals there.

I am an uncultured swine and honestly I don't know much outside of California. I had no idea Atlanta was known for that.

Back
Top Bottom