** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

New colorway for David Wright
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

9066af23e121679030d82e30f56db9a0-getty-80323919db027_new_york_mets.jpg

capt.2f96e2e8ddc048f0b6513bf3163d889b.mets_marlins_baseball_mds111.jpg

Carlos back in the 2k5
capt.d46a3361c72048fba6ee7572c0b7d890.mets_marlin_baseball_fljw109.jpg

Jose Reyes. i remember when I used to watch him when he was with the Norfolk Tides. Son's speed was
eek.gif
eek.gif
against other Minor Leaguers.
capt.e2ea093d7bba4d18abbd9d2eac4dda3f.mets_marlins_baseball_mds113.jpg

Pic of Manny from Friday. I like this colorway
pimp.gif

capt.7027ca88f01d4c75aff7cf6824617506.red_sox_dodgers_baseball_lad106.jpg

I like Big Papi's gloves more than his cleats in this pic.
dbbd6b6b6e7ab78959f1322d2b417384-getty-80323798js010_boston_red_so.jpg

CD16
capt.1029791b2c9a4c9d89aef1ef03054af1.rockies_cardinals_baseball_mojr104.jpg

What's Lastings wearing in this pic?? I also remember when he played for Norfolk.
a5e4f793c45d7d7b2df2b4cfce087820-getty-80323748dh0915_brav_nats.jpg

AJ25. He's batting around .167 right now. About his season average
laugh.gif

capt.45ccfdc8afe74582b6de085ea7ace62b.giants_dodgers_baseball_lad113.jpg

^ Milledge is wearing the GS3's (Gary Sheffield's brand). Shannon Stewart, Carlos Guillen, and Sheff are all wearing them this year. Out of the fourof them, Milledge looks the worst... he may be a hot prospect, but he doesn't look like a ballplayer at all.

And it looks like the big names who are wearing Fuse's this year (Wright, Michael Young, Vernon Wells) are sporting home and away colorways, with white andgrey accents, respectively. Wells' cleats are pretty similar to Wright's:

4363a9e7f6023c2f27b2299be8d950c4-getty-80323803nl004_toronto_blue_.jpg

I have been lurking in this thread since the start, not much posting. Just wanted to say to the Easton guys, the inside info and giveaways are really nice tohave here on NT. I would have never looked at Easton twice, normally blinded by the swoosh myself, but this post is changing my mind.

I agree with cincy it's awesome to see other brands stepping up to the plate because I've been nothing short of unimpressed with the GR cleats the last2 years so I'm excited to give something different a shot. Keep up the good work guys!

^ Agreed. I never had much of an attraction to any of the Easton stuff until I saw all the close-up shots that were posted of the different PE's. They're really, really starting to grow on me, and it certainly helps that they've got some really good, young talent (i.e. Hanley, Kemp, Pedroia,Ethier, etc.). Nike's still got a ton of good PE's out there, but they're mostly for the guys that have been around a while. I might even go asfar as saying that Easton is winning the PE game for that younger class--the guys who've only been around for a few years. Aside from David Wright, JoseReyes, and Russell Martin, what other 25-and-under Nike guys out there have really nice, really unique PE's?

So anyway... agreed--and thanks, Scarface and kweimer.

I have noticed Easton for a while. Being a Chicagoan Sammy signed with easton and that was a big move for them at the moment. Him and Bobby Abreu were big withthe PE synergy cleats and there batting gloves. Easton really took care of these guys with the PE's. Jeff Kent also wore there batting gloves. Still Iwasn't convinced since I was not a Sammy Fan (even though I'm from Chicago). Then Edgar Renteria (doesn't sport them anymore), Rocco Baldelli and aload of other players got on the team. Also Dusty Baker did a good job of advertising. All of sudden it seemed like for two seasons Easton was at a standstill. I felt they couldn't follow up with the designs of the synergy cleat (seemed it was all they had at the moment) and the vent air batting gloves. Iguess like all emerging companies they were finding an identity. Nevertheless they are following the of going young. In my opinion this past year has been bigfor them in regards to signing these young guys. Also the fact that two representatives are so open in such a community forum helps, all questions have beenanswered and it is much appreciated. Give aways are a plus too. Definitely sets them apart from the other brands. Nike is a big monster in the diamond but theydefinitely don't have choke hold on the game like they do in the basketball court. Your new designs look promising and the marketing looks good so farespecially those vids. Keep up the good work guys.

In my opinion this put you guys on the map in my eyes.

this thread is great. i think i am finally going to take the plunge and make some fuse on nike id. will post pics when i get em. in the mean time keep up thegood work everybody. its great to have baseball back!

Originally Posted by swingmanike

I have noticed Easton for a while. Being a Chicagoan Sammy signed with easton and that was a big move for them at the moment. Him and Bobby Abreu were big with the PE synergy cleats and there batting gloves. Easton really took care of these guys with the PE's. Jeff Kent also wore there batting gloves. Still I wasn't convinced since I was not a Sammy Fan (even though I'm from Chicago). Then Edgar Renteria (doesn't sport them anymore), Rocco Baldelli and a load of other players got on the team. Also Dusty Baker did a good job of advertising. All of sudden it seemed like for two seasons Easton was at a stand still. I felt they couldn't follow up with the designs of the synergy cleat (seemed it was all they had at the moment) and the vent air batting gloves. I guess like all emerging companies they were finding an identity. Nevertheless they are following the of going young. In my opinion this past year has been big for them in regards to signing these young guys. Also the fact that two representatives are so open in such a community forum helps, all questions have been answered and it is much appreciated. Give aways are a plus too. Definitely sets them apart from the other brands. Nike is a big monster in the diamond but they definitely don't have choke hold on the game like they do in the basketball court. Your new designs look promising and the marketing looks good so far especially those vids. Keep up the good work guys.

In my opinion this put you guys on the map in my eyes.

Word. When Bobby Abrue had the red/white pair I was
pimp.gif
. Then he brokeout the red.grey pair I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Marky, you got any pics of Mariner cleats? tryin to get a better look at those Fuse's... and what is sexson wearing? As well as Ichiro's too... Thanks!
tongue.gif

^ Since the one's that you posted up, I haven't come across many other good Mariners cleat photos... however, I'm pretty sure that Sexson iswearing the same Fuse model he had during spring training, which had a black Huarache midsole and a white MCS outsole:

Here's everything else I've seen for the M's...

No hi-res action, unfortunately...

A few more good ones from yesterday..

Brandon Phillips, in what I'm pretty sure are Fuse PE's (that's the standard Air midsole you can get via NikeID)

Brian Wilson Shox Fuse PE... Bengie Molina in Big Papi cleats

Brian Schneider 5-Tool PE (and Uggla 2K4's)

thanks to Easton guys for contributing to this thread.
and also boo to them for making me waste half my day yesterday trying to figure out what type of cleats Yuba has on.
laugh.gif

some brand that has what looks to be a trident as it's symbol. same brand as his glove.

-J-

oh right... I totally forgot about those... thanks... I would have prefered a lower-profile sole... a zoom air unit or something...

I went to the Cubs opener Tuesday and sat third base side by the Cubs dugout. I took some good shots of Bill Hall's 2K4 PEs. I'll post later....

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

I went to the Cubs opener Tuesday and sat third base side by the Cubs dugout. I took some good shots of Bill Hall's 2K4 PEs. I'll post later....

Did you get any of Aramis Ramirez or Carlos Zambrano? Putting the last touches on next years catalog and always looking for good action shots of ourplayers.

I know some of you guys wanted to see some better pics of Sheff's cleats, so here you go... (not my pics orcleats/turfs)

1207200837028_033.JPG

1207200836993_032.JPG

1205471328345_003.JPG

1205471328270_002.JPG

M!ke

Originally Posted by babylebron

I know some of you guys wanted to see some better pics of Sheff's cleats, so here you go... (not my pics or cleats/turfs)

1207200837028_033.JPG

1207200836993_032.JPG

1205471328345_003.JPG

1205471328270_002.JPG

M!ke

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm really feelin' the black/orange Turfs.

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Did you get any of Aramis Ramirez or Carlos Zambrano? Putting the last touches on next years catalog and always looking for good action shots of our players.

kweimer1 - I sent you a PM

Originally Posted by babylebron

I know some of you guys wanted to see some better pics of Sheff's cleats, so here you go... (not my pics or cleats/turfs)

1207200837028_033.JPG

^ Thanks for posting that....

While I think they're unbelievably hideous, one good thing has come from these pics... I previously read that Sheff's brand was called GS3, but if youlook closely on the tongue of those turfs, you can see that it's actually SG3. A quick search of that turned upthese little tidbits...
"Ask him, and Sheffield will tell the story of how he was dropped by Nike when he was asked to join Michael Jordan's shoe line by Jordan himself. 'They said you ain't wearing our shoe and you ain't wearing his, either,' Sheffield said. 'Michael asked me. I didn't go to him.' Sheffield's own shoe line SG3 soon will be released and available to the public." -June 8, 2007

"Q: We have been trying to figure out what brand of cleats C-Mo wears. Could you inform us? --Dan
CG (Curtis Granderson): C-Mo actually wears a shoe designed by Gary Sheffield called the SG3. This shoe is not yet on the market and is still in the production phase, but you can look for it shortly, along with some other cool things from Gary." -July 24, 2007

"Sheffield is raising money for inner-city athletes through his shoe line, SG3, and is trying to get more inner-city athletes to play baseball." -Feb. 22, 2008
So, in contrast to what was originally reported--that this brand would never see the light of day outside of Sheffield and his MLB crew (ShannonStewart, Lastings Milledge, Carlos Guillen, and apparently Craig Monroe as well)--it seems that there is (or there was, at least) an intention for this companyto go public with their sales. I also found some stuff out there for both "SG3 Performance" and "SG3 Lifestyle", which I'm assumingare going to be the on-field and off-field branches of this brand. Interesting stuff.

I just hope they can amp up the overall look and feel of their cleats, because I'm not really feeling much of what I've seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom