** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Originally Posted by Nike God

Hey kweimer1:

On the Easton contest, if I registered once, do I have to register each week when there are winners, or will the one registration for the contest be effective for the entire duration of the contest?

Thanks.

One registration is good for the entire time.
Cool, thanks.

If anyone has questions that the Easton guys can answer, can you PLEASE PM them instead of posting it in this thread. Thanks!

Now back to the thread...

I know Magglio wears Reeboks but can anyone identify these?

capt.507ff253c491487fb8a161e7a26d2314.tigers_blue_jays_baseball_fng104.jpg

80746760.jpg

Benji Molina's 12432421242 different pair of cleats this year. Nike Shox Fuse

capt.4b831ebba5bd4c3ca68b2835ed9116ac.giants_cardinals_baseball_motg109.jpg

swingmanike wrote:

Yikes I just read the contest rules and I guess I'm not eligible to win because I registered alot (trying to goon on the winnings).

they just throw out your other entries...you are still in for your original one...

Originally Posted by Fear the Mongolian Chop

If anyone has questions that the Easton guys can answer, can you PLEASE PM them instead of posting it in this thread. Thanks!

Now back to the thread...

capt.507ff253c491487fb8a161e7a26d2314.tigers_blue_jays_baseball_fng104.jpg

80746760.jpg

Benji Molina's 12432421242 different pair of cleats this year. Nike Shox Fuse

capt.4b831ebba5bd4c3ca68b2835ed9116ac.giants_cardinals_baseball_motg109.jpg

Im pretty sure theyre Verderos

Truth! I'm as appreciative as anyone for what kweimer and scarface have done in here, but that's an excellent point. If it's a question thatonly concerns you and not everyone else, just PM them.
jose reyes' huaraches are not that special. no huaraches are really that special anymore. the easton cleats are cool but we've seen most of them a bunch of times by now. the batting gloves are also cool but this thread is called MLB FEET! the a's wear white clippers and they're nice but they're not PE's. we've all seen ryan howard's adidas cleats, and they're boring. manny and pujols wear 5-tools, we get it.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]basically i just think it'd be cool if people would ONLY post fresh cleats. new models and fresh PE's only.[/color] and not the same old crap that we've seen a million times already. i just think this thread got off to a great start but has started getting diluted. let's keep it fresh!

More truth! Welcome to NT, and that's a solid start for a newbie... there really, really is waaaay too much redundant, played out stuff getting posted.

Anyways... back to the important stuff...

Like Pipes said, they are indeed Verdero's... and they might be the same PE's that Pudge has been wearing. Here's a bigger pic:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm liking this Verdero model. Their first round of cleats were pretty hideous... these are actually decent.

These are either a new PE for Orlando Hudson or I just never noticed the gold accents before, but here's a fresh shot:

You have to admit... the O-Dog's had some of the best 5-Tool PE's in the game this year.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

^ Originally, yes, but Verdero was acquired by CTG (Controlling the Game) in '07.
Never heard of that company. Do they make anything else?

^ CTG made bats, batting gloves, and some other baseball gear, but they were pretty unknown before the Verdero move. There's actually still a website upat www.controllingthegame.com, but it hasn't been updated in a few years... I'm surprised it's actually still there since they no longer markettheir products under that name. They've basically re-branded all their equipment with the Verdero name, and "Controlling The Game" is now usedas the Verdero tagline.

So, basically, to answer your original question in a clearer way... Fila dumped Verdero, CTG picked them up, and the company that was formerly known as CTG isnow Verdero.

Back to cleats...

...And I know I co-signed on Fear's comment earlier about PM'ing the Easton guys for personal questions, buthere's a question that's a little different, and I think everybody would like to hear the answer...

Why is the Easton logo in Matt Kemp's cleats placed lower and more towards the toe than in other Mojo models? To see what I mean, check out this pic...

...and compare that with Hanley's cleats...

What's the deal? You guys just trying to keep the logo from being covered up by Kemp's pants, or is there some other reason?

Anybody know if Nike will be releasing these as regular kicks? My kinda everyday shoe
pimp.gif

17029011_l.jpg

Why is the Easton logo in Matt Kemp's cleats placed lower and more towards the toe than in other Mojo models? To see what I mean, check out this pic...

What's the deal? You guys just trying to keep the logo from being covered up by Kemp's pants, or is there some other reason?

Yes, it is to keep the logo from being covered up because he wears his pants so low. I think I'm going to move it back, because it wasn't reallythat bad to begin with and it just looks ridiculous when he's running, the logo is out of place. Just a few milimeters from the original positioning shouldsuffice.

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Yes, it is to keep the logo from being covered up because he wears his pants so low. I think I'm going to move it back, because it wasn't really that bad to begin with and it just looks ridiculous when he's running, the logo is out of place. Just a few milimeters from the original positioning should suffice.

Chalk this question up to pure curiosity!

Are your Easton operations within the United States? I ask because you mentioned moving the logo a few millimeters. Or is the resoning becauseyour manufacturing is done overseas?
I'm being lazy, I know. Google is a valuable resource, but I would feel mosre assured getting the info from afirst-hand resource!!!

I was always under the impression that your company was based in Pennsylvania, close to Lafayette University!

MPowers16 wrote:
Chalk this question up to pure curiosity!

Are your Easton operations within the United States? I ask because you mentioned moving the logo a few millimeters. Or is the resoning because your manufacturing is done overseas?
I'm being lazy, I know. Google is a valuable resource, but I would feel mosre assured getting the info from a first-hand resource!!!

I was always under the impression that your company was based in Pennsylvania, close to Lafayette University!
Easton is based out of Van Nuys, CA (suburb of Los Angeles..."The Valley")....that is where I work out of. Scarface works out of St.Louis. Mnaufacturing is done overseas. And for those of you who have questions non-PE footwear related please do not hesitate to PM me...I think I havegotten back to everyone who has sent me one in the past.

And to make this PE footwear related a question for all of you...we are looking at the idea of auctioning some PE items on ebay and donating the money tovarious charities....would be new PE stuff like I have given away here, game worn, new with autographs, game worn with autographs, and just special eventitems...what do you guys think? Let me be clear in stating that none of the money would go towards anyone at Easton and ALL of the money would be donated.

Easton is based out of Van Nuys, CA (suburb of Los Angeles..."The Valley")....that is where I work out of. Scarface works out of St. Louis. Mnaufacturing is done overseas. And for those of you who have questions non-PE footwear related please do not hesitate to PM me...I think I have gotten back to everyone who has sent me one in the past.

And to make this PE footwear related a question for all of you...we are looking at the idea of auctioning some PE items on ebay and donating the money to various charities....would be new PE stuff like I have given away here, game worn, new with autographs, game worn with autographs, and just special event items...what do you guys think? Let me be clear in stating that none of the money would go towards anyone at Easton and ALL of the money would be donated.

That would be raw!! If you go through with it be sure to post the link.

Easton is based out of Van Nuys, CA (suburb of Los Angeles..."The Valley")....that is where I work out of. Scarface works out of St. Louis. Mnaufacturing is done overseas. And for those of you who have questions non-PE footwear related please do not hesitate to PM me...I think I have gotten back to everyone who has sent me one in the past.

And to make this PE footwear related a question for all of you...we are looking at the idea of auctioning some PE items on ebay and donating the money to various charities....would be new PE stuff like I have given away here, game worn, new with autographs, game worn with autographs, and just special event items...what do you guys think? Let me be clear in stating that none of the money would go towards anyone at Easton and ALL of the money would be donated.

Thats a great idea!!!

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

Thats a great idea!!!
Agreed. A great way to purchase PE cleats and gloves and to a great cause.

I'm in.

^ CTG made bats, batting gloves, and some other baseball gear, but they were pretty unknown before the Verdero move. There's actually still a website up at www.controllingthegame.com, but it hasn't been updated in a few years... I'm surprised it's actually still there since they no longer market their products under that name. They've basically re-branded all their equipment with the Verdero name, and "Controlling The Game" is now used as the Verdero tagline.

So, basically, to answer your original question in a clearer way... Fila dumped Verdero, CTG picked them up, and the company that was formerly known as CTG is now Verdero.

Interesting. Never even heard of that company. I guess they didn't really "make it" Maybe this Verdero line will take off. It seems thatthere's a few MLB guys here & there that are wearing them, so maybe they can carve out a niche market.

Originally Posted by Nike God

Anyone remember when KangaROOS used to make spikes for some major leaguers?
ozzie-smith-1.jpg

i had a pair of Roos turfs and cleats when I was a kid. They had a velcro pocket in the tongue of the shoe and back then two of the biggest guys who worethem were Doc Gooden and Daryl Strawberry and people used to joke that the little pocket in the tongue was to keep their coke.

Back
Top Bottom