** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

closer pic of Sweeney's 5-tools
a0d1c7376ad37821cc7d87a7b7566064-getty-80327360og015.jpg

The more important thing in this pic is that the A's are actually wearing their gray jerseys
Originally Posted by jasonshortstop24

closer pic of Sweeney's 5-tools
a0d1c7376ad37821cc7d87a7b7566064-getty-80327360og015.jpg

Yuniesky's 5 tools molded and caged zoom air, this kid has some sick PE's
2208bd51f012def661920294b07df6d9-getty-80327338og010.jpg

Jose Lopez on the other hand with some similar 5 tools metal cleats, with shox and mariner blue swoosh
e960d02a2658b9836de03525fe884dcb-getty-80327338og001.jpg

Originally Posted by swingmanike

Yuniesky's 5 tools molded and caged zoom air, this kid has some sick PE's
2208bd51f012def661920294b07df6d9-getty-80327338og010.jpg

Jose Lopez on the other hand with some similar 5 tools metal cleats, with shox and mariner blue swoosh
e960d02a2658b9836de03525fe884dcb-getty-80327338og001.jpg
those are both fuses and they look great. but im about 85% sure they are id's not PE's

those are both fuses and they look great. but im about 85% sure they are id's not PE's
Good point. In fact, there's a bunch of Fuse models around the league are possible to do in ID... both Yuni and Lopez, James Loney, KevinCash, Jack Wilson, and a bunch of others. However, here's a definite non-ID Fuse model from the weekend...

Brian Roberts Shox Fuse PE (this seriously might be the 5th or 6th PE he's worn this season already--and it's only April)

Some other kicks...

C.C. Sabathia 5-Tool PE (not a great pic, but you get the idea)

Edgar Renteria Clipper PE (I miss the orange outsoles, but I'm guessing he'll still wear those for away games since there's no white in the awayuni's and no orange in the home uni's)

Wright and Teixeira PE's (we've seen both of these a million times, but it's cool seeing them both together)

...and some non-Nike kicks...

Carlos Pena Easton Foundation PE's (navy accents instead of grey... nice touch, guys)

Masa Kobayashi Asics PE (crazy use of patent... and also check out the placement of the Rawlings oval logo on the glove--Rawlings only does this on theJapanese models)

...and last but not least...

Todd Helton Mizuno-ized Nike Clippers (they're back!)

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Masa Kobayashi Asics PE (crazy use of patent... and also check out the placement of the Rawlings oval logo on the glove--Rawlings only does this on the Japanese models)

One of my boys just pointed this out to me the other day but its not just the Japanese models. He told me that Peavy and Hudson have been using gloves withthe oval logo...I can only find a picture of Huddy.

capt.8e4c727dd4ee407e8b13e98fddbab81c.nationals_braves_baseball_gatc101.jpg

967a5d1d748ffd117429d88272e03395-getty-80324072db001_atlanta_brave.jpg

^ Interesting... I wonder if that'll become a standard thing on new Rawlings models over the next few years. The Japanese models have had that logo theresince last year and U.S. catcher's models now have it there too, but I'd honestly be surprised if they did that will all of their models. Thatrectangular red patch is such a big part of their branding...

But back to cleats...
Originally Posted by kweimer1

Is Abreu wearing Nike cleats tonight...was tough to tell in his first AB...
I just tuned in, and he sure is. He's just wearing standard 5-Tools... I wonder what's up with that.

New one...

Torii Hunter Fuse PE (very similar to Richie Sexson's, aside from the colors)

...and here's a little trivia question for you guys...

What Nike model does Bronson Arroyo wear?

It's not a PE... he's worn them ever since his days with the Red Sox, but they came out well before that ('98-'99 I think). 5-cleat patternwith Zoom Air...

Any takers?

Bronson Arroyo's cleat is the Air Zoom 3.5, $85, with Zoom Air in the forefoot and heel; part of Nike's Speed Series in 1999. It came out the same timethat the Zoom K-Lo II and the Griffey Metal were released, as well as the Zoom Prime 9, Nike's Power cleat of that season. This was when Nike had it'sSpeed, Power, and Show series with corresponding cleats in each category.

Originally Posted by MP23

Bronson Arroyo's cleat is the Air Zoom 3.5, $85, with Zoom Air in the forefoot and heel; part of Nike's Speed Series in 1999. It came out the same time that the Zoom K-Lo II and the Griffey Metal were released, as well as the Zoom Prime 9, Nike's Power cleat of that season. This was when Nike had it's Speed, Power, and Show series with corresponding cleats in each category.

This is an example of a GREAT post! Informative and specific. Nice work, MP23!

It must be the Initials!

Originally Posted by MP23

Bronson Arroyo's cleat is the Air Zoom 3.5, $85, with Zoom Air in the forefoot and heel; part of Nike's Speed Series in 1999. It came out the same time that the Zoom K-Lo II and the Griffey Metal were released, as well as the Zoom Prime 9, Nike's Power cleat of that season. This was when Nike had it's Speed, Power, and Show series with corresponding cleats in each category.

Very nice...I think its kinda odd that he wears these cause when they came out they were marketed as the cleat for guys who steal bases. I dont reallyremember seeing alot of pitchers wearing them.

heres a pic from his Boston days

arroyo.bmp

Wow... great job, MP23! I still have my pair of Zoom 3.5's stored away in the garage, but I figured that I might be able to stump people for a few dayswith that one. And great work on recalling what else was out at that time. That really was a great era for Nike baseball.

Here's a special little gift for you guys... I just got a message from someone who prefers to remain anonymous, but he sent along these pictures of theupcoming Air Max MVP cleat for your viewing pleasure:

15ziolt.jpg
35ckf1l.jpg
3130uo2.jpg

We've seen these already inthe 2009 PDF, but these pics give us a muchbetter look at this model. And while they're obviously just 3D renderings, this design is looking fantastic in my opinion... I'm sure that they'llmake for some really nice PE's as well.

Thanks again (you know who you are).

Here's a special little gift for you guys... I just got a message from someone who prefers to remain anonymous, but he sent along these pictures of the upcoming Air Max MVP cleat for your viewing pleasure:

15ziolt.jpg
35ckf1l.jpg
3130uo2.jpg

We've seen these already in the 2009 PDF, but these pics give us a much better look at the Max MVP model. And while they're obviously just 3D renderings, this design is looking fantastic in my opinion... I'm sure that they'll make for some really nice PE's as well.

sweet! i wonder if these will be on nikeid and i cant wait to see how that air max in the heel looks in person

Tonight's game at Shea... Jose Reyes is back to his Nike's, but is wearing the gloves from Easton.

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

Here's a special little gift for you guys... I just got a message from someone who prefers to remain anonymous, but he sent along these pictures of the upcoming Air Max MVP cleat for your viewing pleasure:

15ziolt.jpg
35ckf1l.jpg
3130uo2.jpg

We've seen these already in the 2009 PDF, but these pics give us a much better look at the Max MVP model. And while they're obviously just 3D renderings, this design is looking fantastic in my opinion... I'm sure that they'll make for some really nice PE's as well.

sweet! i wonder if these will be on nikeid and i cant wait to see how that air max in the heel looks in person

Not NEARLY as cool as those MVP's but check out the GEMS that were posted by Fear on Page 4 of this thread and already discussed, at length from theSports Authority website:

p4250954dt.jpg

Zoom 5-Tool Pujols PE for General Release!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/prod...r=1&origkw=5+tool&kw=5+tool&parentPage=search

I'm thinking that if Nike were to retail more of the PE's for general release they would do pretty well.

Or would that totally defeat the purpose of NikeID?

Originally Posted by MPowers16

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

15ziolt.jpg
35ckf1l.jpg
3130uo2.jpg

Not NEARLY as cool as those MVP's but check out the GEMS that I found on the Sports Authority website:

p4250954dt.jpg

Zoom 5-Tool Pujols PE for General Release!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/prod...r=1&origkw=5+tool&kw=5+tool&parentPage=search

Pretty Cool!

HAHAHAHA! Come on Matt, I posted those on page 4 or so!
laugh.gif
It'scool though. Marky even did a couple cool photoshop versions of the shoe. He added more white to the heel I believe. Go back to page 4 or so and check outhis versions.

Those MVP's look awesome! I can't wait to see them in person. We'll probably start seeing PE versions of those later in the year.

*EDIT* They're actually on the first page. I've yet to see them in person or even a pic other then from the website. I mean, besides Pujolsobviously wearing them in games.

I have the Pujols cleats and they look better in person than the stock photo in my opinion. I haven't used them yet so I'll throw up a few picture thisweekend before I put them to use for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom