** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Pujols cleats are nice in person. Very affordable as well.

Some eye candy.....

600x4502007122300027de6.jpg

600x4502008012200001kx1.jpg

MPowers16 and markyd33psu, thanks for the props guys, I appreciate it. I agree, that was a golden time for Nike baseball for sure. I am glad I got the questionright Marky, 'cause I woulda looked like a fool if I would have gotten it wrong; lol. Didn't know you already knew what they were! As far as those AirMax MVP's, I am currently testing those right now and they are a terrific overall cleat, great traction and cushioning and the Power Channel really helpsdrive my foot into the hitting zone. They also have a Sphere-like inner, so it wicks away moisture pretty well.

^ Haha... yeah, I was going for more of a trivia deal since Bronson is the only one who wears them, and it's pretty strange that he still does. A few guysstill wear outdated models like the old 1990's Clippers, but the 3.5 wasn't even that popular in the pros back when it came out, making it even more ofan obscure choice for Arroyo. Again though... great work--you really know your stuff!

And that's awesome that you're getting a chance to test the Max MVP's. What colorway did they give you? If it weren't totally against thetesting program rules for you to do so, I'd ask for you to snap some pics and post them up here (...but then again, you really shouldn't be talkingabout them publicly, so maybe you won't mind breaking that little guideline either!). At the very least, do you think you might be able to describe whatthe medial side looks like? I'm curious to know if it's the same as the other side, with the swoosh, accents, heel stitching pattern, etc., or ifit's different in any way. I'm sure the other folks in here would like to know as well.

Thanks MP23.

They gave me the black/white colorway, with a regular white Swoosh outlined in silver. I won't snap the pics, lol, because I did already break thatguideline, but I only mentioned it because everyone has already seen the pics of the shoe releasing. No excuse, I know! The medial side is just about the sameas the lateral side, other than the Swoosh is much smaller and is stitched up near the Achilles. The heel stitching with diamond pattern is also the same andcuts off about where the pattern ends at the Swoosh. There is a plastic silver piece running along the toebox for a little added durability. All in all, agreat look, but I still prefer caged Zoom Air to the Max Air unit.

^ Based on that description, that actually brings to mind the upper design of the model that A-Rod was wearing during Spring Training (aside from the verticallines and some other details)...

ff5153e97f532cd496c27173bb9e4bfa0ba2d2c.jpg

Would you say that they resemble those at all? I ask because sometimes Nike's 3D renderings can occasionally be way off... I can see a few similarities inthe upper, and I'm mostly concerned about that medial Swoosh. Thanks!

...And for the rest of you, here's a few pics from tonight...

Torii Hunter in some nice Clipper PE's (I'm actually liking the black/red midsole... it's just something different)

Ian Snell in some hideous Fuse PE's (close to ID-able, but the white heel piece makes me think otherwise)

Joe Mauer 5-Tool PE (Nothing too special... very similar to the Miguel Cabrera and Robi Cano models)

Heelntoe - WOW!!! both are yours??? are the first ones turfs? and the second ones look like cleats... how did you get em!? WOW!!!

and what size are those??? more pics?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

are the pujols' cleats from sportsauthority.com metal? the pic shows metal spikes, while the description says molded...?

Yeah they are metal, I noticed that as well when I was getting ready to order so I just drove to the nearest Sports Authority in person and all they carriedwas metal. You might want to call your local store because the first one I checked out didn't carry them so I had to call around to find one that had themin hand at the store.

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Thought I'd post some stuff from next year's UA line

This one is very nice, all nubuck and vented.
262uomt.jpg

Don't really dig the rest
2rzfjnp.jpg

25gv09x.jpg
interesting.....the first ones look great! i wonder if they will release in nubuck to the general public

and MP23 you have got to be the luckiest person ever. how did you get to test those?

Thanks for the UA pics, Scarface. I agree with your first impressions, and I'm interested to see all three in different angles.

And since we're on the topic of 09 releases... here's some more good pics from the same anonymous NT'er who sent me the Max MVP pics yesterday (andfor the record, I'm not one to really go posting "leaked" pics unless they're already out there... since the '09 catalog's out, Idon't mind):

wa1wkx.jpg

Air Zoom Coop V

15ds3o9.jpg

Air Zoom Coop V MCS

sfgfx3.jpg

Air Show Elite MVP

kq5p5.jpg

Air Max MVP MCS

ngegch.jpg

Air Swingman Remix, and Air Zoom Pro Tradition

Marky, that A-Rod Shox cleat looks remarkably like the medial side of the MVP, save of course, for the vertical lines like you mentioned. The Swoosh is in thesame exact spot. UGCatcher2, I am in several Nike product testing categories and cleated is one of them I am in. For sure, there are some great cleats that Ihave been able to test so far..........

^ Thanks, Scarface... that's the exact view that I wanted to see. That low cleat actually looks decent from thetop, but something just doesn't look right from the side. Thanks again.
Originally Posted by MP23

Marky, that A-Rod Shox cleat looks remarkably like the medial side of the MVP, save of course, for the vertical lines like you mentioned. The Swoosh is in the same exact spot.

That's what I was afraid of. I really hate that Swoosh placement, and now that I look at the Show Elite MVP again, I'm seeing some similarities tothat A-Rod model as well... I'm hoping that shoe doesn't have that Swoosh placement too. Maybe it'll look better on other models than it does onthat A-Rod pair, but I'm very nervous about that.
Thanks a lot for the heads-up there.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Thanks for the UA pics, Scarface. I agree with your first impressions, and I'm interested to see all three in different angles.

And since we're on the topic of 09 releases... here's some more good pics from the same anonymous NT'er who sent me the Max MVP pics yesterday (and for the record, I'm not one to really go posting "leaked" pics unless they're already out there... since the '09 catalog's out, I don't mind):

wa1wkx.jpg
I dont like this continuing trend of more mesh and less leather on the Clipper (now Coop). Ive always used Clippers to pitch in and I found thatthe toe on last years model got ripped to shreds really easily and from these pics it looks impossible to pitch in these without having to add a pitchers toe.

Too much white in these. I never liked white spikes.
Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Here's a special little gift for you guys... I just got a message from someone who prefers to remain anonymous, but he sent along these pictures of the upcoming Air Max MVP cleat for your viewing pleasure:

15ziolt.jpg
35ckf1l.jpg
3130uo2.jpg

We've seen these already in the 2009 PDF, but these pics give us a much better look at this model. And while they're obviously just 3D renderings, this design is looking fantastic in my opinion... I'm sure that they'll make for some really nice PE's as well.

Thanks again (you know who you are).

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Heelntoe - WOW!!! both are yours??? are the first ones turfs? and the second ones look like cleats... how did you get em!? WOW!!!

and what size are those??? more pics?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
First ones are turfs. Non game used. Second are game used cleats. Our man Ichiro is a 10.5.

The kicker.......

Not mine. I wish. I did hold and check them out along with every (external) article of clothing he uses for game use. All were signed and authenticated. I'm seriously considering the turfs, though. VERY EXPENSIVE! I rarely use the word expensive considering what I collect. So, that shouldgive you an idea.

Originally Posted by Nike God

Too much white in these. I never liked white spikes.

I never wear white cleats either, but the Max MVP's have a black colorway too for the less flashy types:
29li992.jpg

The white accents on those other Max MVP colorways remind me of some of the 2K5 PE's that guys have worn (Shane Victorino and Hanley Ramirez in '07come to mind). I actually like that look, but I would never do it myself.

And Pipes20... I hear ya there. I'm concerned about all that mesh too.

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

interesting.....the first ones look great! i wonder if they will release in nubuck to the general public
They will be at retail in nubuck

sweet. I agree with marky the low ones look good from the top. also im curious. how does an easton guy get fresh pics of unreleased UA cleats?

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

First ones are turfs. Non game used. Second are game used cleats. Our man Ichiro is a 10.5.

The kicker.......

Not mine. I wish. I did hold and check them out along with every (external) article of clothing he uses for game use. All were signed and authenticated. I'm seriously considering the turfs, though. VERY EXPENSIVE! I rarely use the word expensive considering what I collect. So, that should give you an idea.

Damn... but I can imagine how expensive those would be considering that they may be even more rare than our beloved Grifs...

damn asics for not making the trainers/turfs available to the masses!
mad.gif

A few pics...

Gary Matthews Jr. Zoom Fuse PE

No models that we haven't seen before here... but if you scroll over to the right, you'll see that Placido Polanco has ditched Reebok in favor of somebrutal Verderos

...And I know we've seen these before, but I've never been able to make out the red accents in Russell Martin's 5-Tool PE's

Back
Top Bottom