** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

^ I haven't been using templates... I've just been breaking them all down myself. I used hi-res product pics of the black/white colorways of the 5-Tool, Fuse, Clipper, and now the two Huarache models, cut the midsoles/outsoles apart and re-aligned them so they all fit in proportion to each other and could be interchanged (i.e. putting Shox and MCS cleats on the 5-Tool, or a Huarache midsole on the Fuse, etc.), re-aligned the uppers so they were proportional to each other and fit on each midsole, and then I just cut the upper layers apart, organizing them in a way that I could just go through layer-by-layer and color the shoe appropriately. It takes about 20-30 minutes (for me at least) to break a shoe down like that, and then it's not too tough to just color it after that. It takes a little bit longer if I need to do something special (i.e. Reyes' midsole wedge on his 5-tools instead of a full-length midsole), but now that I have most of them organized already, I can move through them pretty quick.

I'm assuming you've used Photoshop in the past, so I hope that made sense... if you haven't, my bad.

By the way... just so this doesn't turn into a sneaker art thread, I've decided that I'm only going to post PS pics once a week from now on. (Nobody's said anything, but I'm sorry if I've bugged anyone by posting them.) PM me if you have any requests... I just want to keep it smooth and clean in here.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I was just wondering because I wanted to start doing some on my own.

Back to some photo action... Brian Schneider's away version of his 5-Tools have been posted in here before, but I don't think anyone's posted thehome cleats. Here's both:

Away (from yesterday)

Home

Most of you probably knew about both, but they were worth a post.

Back to some photo action... Brian Schneider's away version of his 5-Tools have been posted in here before, but I don't think anyone's posted the home cleats. Here's both:

Away (from yesterday)

Home

Most of you probably knew about both, but they were worth a post.

^Cool picture (1st pic) of the inside of Johnny Damon's puma cleats! I don't think I've ever seen that before. I think we established toothat only Damon and Miguel Bautista wear puma cleats. If there are others, do you know of any? I know a lot of players used to wear Puma's. Very nicePE's for Schnieder BTW!

^ Those are actually what the retail versions of the Puma DFR cleats look like (you can check out a few views of that model here), but the versions that Damonhas worn in the past haven't always had the cat logo. I think the first year that the DFR was out, it had the normal Puma logo on the medial side, butthey've changed that up since.

And yeah... since a month or so ago when we realized that Puma had basically given up, I haven't seen anybody else but those two guys wearing them. I'm interested to see if they're just dropping baseball all together... they haven't released anything new in a long time.

^ Those are actually what the retail versions of the Puma DFR cleats look like (you can check out a few views of that model here), but the versions that Damon has worn in the past haven't always had the cat logo. I think the first year that the DFR was out, it had the normal Puma logo on the medial side, but they've changed that up since.

And yeah... since a month or so ago when we realized that Puma had basically given up, I haven't seen anybody else but those two guys wearing them. I'm interested to see if they're just dropping baseball all together... they haven't released anything new in a long time.

Their accountants probably decided that signing too many endorsers wouldn't be cost effective, considering their penchant for giving gifts of ferraristo their players!

They have gotten out of Baseball and are mainly just finishing up old contracts...similar to Bonds and FILA

Originally Posted by Pipes20

^^^ Am I only the one... when I see "HOH" I dont think House of Hoops, I think Heart of the Hide?
Me too. Growing up with basebll all my life I'm used to HOH bein Heart of the Hide. Owning a Heart of the Hide catchers mitt could do it also lol

Originally Posted by kweimer1

They have gotten out of Baseball and are mainly just finishing up old contracts...similar to Bonds and FILA

FILA still makes baseball stuff in Korea. I had a pair of batting gloves from there cause I have a foierign exchange student from korea

^ I'm not a big fan of his away cleats, but his home PE's are pretty sharp:

And I noticed that tonight during Jon Lester's no-no, Jason Varitek was wearing his old Diamond Fury 3/4 PE's:

^ I'm not a big fan of his away cleats, but his home PE's are pretty sharp:

And I noticed that tonight during Jon Lester's no-no, Jason Varitek was wearing his old Diamond Fury 3/4 PE's:
Alou's: Gorgeous
Tek's: They look cheap, especially with the Nubuck looking upper!

Alex Gordon has a new Zoom Fuse model:

Like a lot of the Zoom Fuse's around the league, these look like they could be straight off of ID.

While I was looking for pics of these, I also found this shot...

Those might be the same Fuse kicks with white accents that he's had since the beginning of the season, but I really, really hope that those are actuallypowder blue accents (to match the alternate uni). It could also be that the white mesh just got dirty... It's too tough to tell since it's such a badphoto, and there aren't too many quality pics out there.

Anyways... it's something to keep an eye on.

Alex Gordon has a new Zoom Fuse model:

Like a lot of the Zoom Fuse's around the league, these look like they could be straight off of ID.

While I was looking for pics of these, I also found this shot...

Those might be the same Fuse kicks with white accents that he's had since the beginning of the season, but I really, really hope that those are actually powder blue accents (to match the alternate uni). It could also be that the white mesh just got dirty... It's too tough to tell since it's such a bad photo, and there aren't too many quality pics out there.

Anyways... it's something to keep an eye on.
I actually like these even if they are off iD. and if those bottom ones are powder blue. SWEET!!!!

Are these PE's? They are different than the GR version but could just be ID's.

81130728.jpg

Originally Posted by coffey32

81130728.jpg

I want to say that they're ID's just because of the grey plates below the ankle. This is an option that you can't change on nikeid for thefuse baseball cleats. I could be wrong though about them being ID's.

Originally Posted by Fear the Mongolian Chop

Originally Posted by coffey32

81130728.jpg

I want to say that they're ID's just because of the grey plates below the ankle. This is an option that you can't change on nikeid for the fuse baseball cleats. I could be wrong though about them being ID's.
they are iD's I can tell bye the tonge. on the regular and PE fuses the tongue is connected to the shoe and wouldnt come up like that. I know thisbecause I have a pair of iD's and the tongue is not connected at all

new angle of Arods new cleats and the bg's.

62b8068da501b6efc1b9c50f2520f7c6-getty-80327573nl004_baltimore_ori.jpg

Also is that padding wedged between the index finger and his thumb. Similar to those turboslots batting gloves. Pic provided by marky shows something in thatarea.

I can't clearly see it. However he usually has the padding in the lower side of his palm.

Back
Top Bottom