** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

I KNOW this is a baseball post but since PE's, ID's, SMU are big here I thought you guys might appreciate it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808b4762

Check his cleats. Now this does lead me to a tie in to this post. Does anyone know if Deion ever wore cleated versions of his Nikes for baseball? I've seen a sample pair of DT1's with a strap system similar to the Converse Aero Jams with a piece in the center connecte with two straps on the side but that's it. Of course theres the pair of DT4's posted in the Griffey post so those are confirmed but I'm more interested in the DT 1-3.

Check page 3!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by doogie24

hot damn I love ebay....show it off time!

Found the Air Slider lowtop and the Air Show Fury mid for 60 bucks total. Included are my old Air Threat? and the Air 5 tool with the colorway option. Pic shows how the plastic colorways are taken in / out.

5 tools with my BGs (white black diamond elite 4's are out getting the same custom job the red ones have)

Collection shot1 / shot2

Air Show Fury

Air Slider

5 Tool

To keep it MLB Feet related, here is a pic of the D Train from a few days ago vs Oakland.

WOW*********Those sliders are my favorite baseball spikes EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Dontrelle, the Mudguard NEEDS to be grey to match his uni!

Originally Posted by MPowers16

Originally Posted by doogie24

hot damn I love ebay....show it off time!

Found the Air Slider lowtop and the Air Show Fury mid for 60 bucks total. Included are my old Air Threat? and the Air 5 tool with the colorway option. Pic shows how the plastic colorways are taken in / out.

5 tools with my BGs (white black diamond elite 4's are out getting the same custom job the red ones have)

Collection shot1 / shot2

Air Show Fury

Air Slider

5 Tool

To keep it MLB Feet related, here is a pic of the D Train from a few days ago vs Oakland.

WOW*********Those sliders are my favorite baseball spikes EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Dontrelle, the Mudguard NEEDS to be grey to match his uni!
Wonder if he'll wear them in A Ball?

Originally Posted by energycube

anything from the upcoming college world series?
Thanks for bringing that up. The CWS starts this weekend, and while I haven't spotted any '09 cleats yet, I wouldn't be surprised ifwe started seeing them on Friday. The Series is typically a showcase for new products... I can't wait.

Here's a little run-down of what the 8 CWS teams have been wearing during the last few weeks...

LSU...

^ A mix of Clippers and Clipper SL's, with a few random models (like these old, cheap Jordan MCS cleats) mixed in. They have some sweet Eastongear though... check the custom batting gloves here and here.

MIAMI...

^ Mostly black/orange Clippers and 2k4's... nothing extremely special. I wouldn't be surprised if they got hooked up for the CWS though...

GEORGIA...

^ From what I've seen, they've mostly been wearing Clippers (some black/white, some black/red), 2k4's (mostly black/red, some black/white), andsome other standard Nike cleats mixed in.

NORTH CAROLINA...

^ Probably the most hooked-up team in college baseball. Those are white/carolina Zoom Fuse PE's above, but they've also worn black (or maybe navy?)/carolina 5-Tools, Shox Fuse, and Clippers as well. I prefer thedarker cleats to the white ones pictured above... I can't wait to see what they bust out this weekend.

FRESNO STATE...

^ All Shox Fuse. Blue with their away uni's, and red with the home uni's. I'm guessing they'll just keep that upthrough the Series.

FLORIDA STATE...

^ Just standard Nike cleats... 5-Tools, Clippers, Fuse, etc. Boring and disappointing... some garnet and gold accents would look amazing, especially withthose pants.

STANFORD...

^ Basic Mizuno cleats, although some guys have been wearing all-black Clippers (somewhat Helton-esque).

RICE...

^ More basic Mizuno cleats.

So that's that. I'm really hoping to see some new models, and I'm hoping that Rice and Stanford get eliminated first (Mizuno makes nice cleats butrarely does any crazy customs), leaving the 6 Nike teams to duke it out. I'll probably change the thread title to "MLB / College World SeriesFeet" for the next week... keep your eyes open and feel free to post pics in here.

Anyone else think it's amazing that after all these years, Stanford is STILL wearing the pullover V-neck jerseys?
You'd think they'd update them at least once since the 80's.

^ Like I said, FSU has just been wearing standard Nike cleats. Nothing special.

However, here's what they were wearing today during BP...

Max MVP upper on a Huarache midsole.

I'm officially excited for the CWS.

^Nice find as always Mark!

Why can't Nike hook them up with accents or team colorway cleats!?!?!? It's cool they get the cleats early the basic black is boring!

^ Truth. They'd especially look great with some gold accents for FSU (and the player standing in the distance almost looks like he's got someMVP's with gold accents, but I think that's just the light shining off of them). I think a few schools (maybe UNC in particular) will get somecustomized stuff, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Before we switch into full CWS mode, here's a funny MLB Feet shot from last night:

I don't know which is more amusing--the fact that the sprinklers went off during the game, or the fact that Fred Lewis is wearing the Dart VI (a $50 running shoe) with cleats onthem.

^ Swingman Remix indeed, and an MCS version, which is interesting...

And I didn't catch the game earlier, but take a look at these...

I'll post a higher-res picture later on, but that sure looks like FSU-colored accents...

miami shortstop wearing griffey remixs
ba39e086-f7e2-40f5-91a0-acadc67203f5.jpg

miami pitcher wearing black/orange air max mvp's on a huarache midsole
477657e1-3aca-49d1-b047-129285b9201e.jpg

cant wait to see what north carolina gets hooked up with tomorrow cause you know they will

and on another note i would just like to add that i love college baseball!!

I'm still waiting on the high-res pics for some of these MVP shots, but the uppers of those Miami cleats are similar to the Black/Orange retail version(only difference is the Swoosh, which might just be colored differently in the production sample)...

25zh64i.jpg

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

cant wait to see what north carolina gets hooked up with tomorrow cause you know they will
Same here. I'm hoping for MVP's with Carolina blue accents (white ones would even be decent), or something along those lines. Speakingof Carolina Blue, though...

Matt Garza wearing some nice 2k4 PE's, with the most light blue I've seen in any Rays cleat so far... I hope we see more of that.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

I'm still waiting on the high-res pics for some of these MVP shots, but the uppers of those Miami cleats are similar to the Black/Orange retail version (only difference is the Swoosh, which might just be colored differently in the production sample)...

25zh64i.jpg

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

Same here. I'm hoping for MVP's with Carolina blue accents (white ones would even be decent), or something along those lines. Speaking of Carolina Blue, though...

Matt Garza wearing some nice 2k4 PE's, with the most light blue I've seen in any Rays cleat so far... I hope we see more of that.

WOW!!!! those PEs are now my favorite huarache colorway. wow those look great

LSU centerfielder wearing griffeys
9339e17f-51dc-4c6b-abf2-9fd42ce9b4d5.jpg

decent shot of the griffeys and baby blue air max mvp's
946fa634-7fa0-4db8-bf79-b3e34ff2eefd.jpg

on another note i really wish nike would have gave these guys the air max mvp's that actually have the air max midsole. I really wanted to see that. Isnike unconfident with their new midsole or did they just try and throw something together in time?

Back
Top Bottom