** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Felipe Lopez
dblh7m.jpg

Rob Bowen
10zy2z9.jpg

Brandon Backe
16bfx1h.jpg

Formerly Scarface81 andkweimer1,

Thank you very much! They all look great so far. Keep up the good work!

I asked for all b/c I don't know who else is on Easton.
laugh.gif
I knowthere are a ton of guys moving to easton. Does Rocco Baldelli have PE's? I figured you would come up w/ cool colors with the new Devil Rays uniforms.

I REALLY like the Ethier PE's. They look very Diamond Fury inspired in the front:

2000857479555954920_rs.jpg

Thanks for all the pics of the Easton cleats. Theyreally opened my eyes to something besides Nike cleats.
10zy2z9.jpg

I'm just speechless now
eek.gif

Thanks again to the both of you. Those Rocco's are amazing! I love them! IF he ever gets comfortable with them, he should go for Carolina Blue accentson the toe and heel. What size does he wear?
smile.gif

OMG all of those easton PE's are insane
smile.gif

Hey formerly scarface I'll make the transition from nike to easton if you hook it up.

Sorry guys there will be no "hooking up"...may have a pair or two around when a player gets traded or something (Orlando Cabrera comes to mind) thatwe will gladly give away somehow. As a heads up we likely will be having online sweepstakes to give away autographed game used cleats in the comingmonths...trying to get all of the details settled now. We have some exciting things in store for the coming year including some videos that we put togetherwith our players. If you get bored take a look at www.hitmatrix.com and click on the "Hardball Made Easy"videos at the bottom of the screen...you can see the guys wearing the cleats in them and they are pretty funny as well.

As far as who we have...here is the latest list of guys on MLB rosters...
Andre Ethier, Aramis Ramirez, Beltran Perez, Ben Zobrist, Bobby Livingston, Brandon Backe, Carlos Pena, Carlos Villanueva, Carlos Zambrano, Christian Guzman,Cody Ross, D'Angelo Jiminez, Dustin Pedroia, Felipe Lopez, Hanley Ramirez, Jason Bay, Jason Repko, Jason Tyner, Luis Castillo, Matt Kemp, Mike Adams,Orlando Cabrera, Rob Bowen, Rocco Baldelli, Ryan Freel, Ryan Langerhans, Andy Cavazos, Wladamire Balantien, John Van Every, Calvin Medlock, Tampa Bay andCleveland Coaching Staffs, as well as numerous minor leaguers....

I've kept my eye on easton for a while but I have felt that they don't take care of there customers (general public). I haven't seen updated modelsfor the available to the public like the ones the pros are provided with. This is also the case with the batting gloves. There fielding gloves are alright.

Also I wonder if they are going to implement the new emblem on there products like cleats and batting gloves. I know the new premier select fielding glove linehas it.

The Mojo Athcleat (Kemp, Bowen models shown) were released last year. The Foundation (Ethier, Zambrano models shown) were released 2-3 years ago.

As far as not being able to find them that is really something that is out of our control. We show our high end cleats to all of our accounts and some decideto take them and some decide not to. Most "big" chain stores only have so much room for cleated footwear so they are reluctant to take from outsidetheir comfort zone (Nike, Reebok, etc). You can find our cleats at independent baseball shops that carry other Easton products...if they dont carry them anyof them can place an order for you.

The new "Diamond E" logo started off being used on footwear and our wood bats a few years ago and has now found its way onto most all of our productswith a couple revisions along the way...it is something we are working to make more "uniform" in the coming year.

Our Batter's Gloves that we sell at retail are the same ones we offer to the public (minus the endless color combos we provide for players)...the '07MLB model was our Stealth glove from last year...the '08 model MLB model is based off of this years upcoming VRS glove.

Originally Posted by kweimer1

The Mojo Athcleat (Kemp, Bowen models shown) were released last year. The Foundation (Ethier, Zambrano models shown) were released 2-3 years ago.

As far as not being able to find them that is really something that is out of our control. We show our high end cleats to all of our accounts and some decide
to take them and some decide not to. Most "big" chain stores only have so much room for cleated footwear so they are reluctant to take from outside
their comfort zone (Nike, Reebok, etc). You can find our cleats at independent baseball shops that carry other Easton products...if they dont carry them any
of them can place an order for you.

The new "Diamond E" logo started off being used on footwear and our wood bats a few years ago and has now found its way onto most all of our products
with a couple revisions along the way...it is something we are working to make more "uniform" in the coming year.

Our Batter's Gloves that we sell at retail are the same ones we offer to the public (minus the endless color combos we provide for players)...the '07
MLB model was our Stealth glove from last year...the '08 model MLB model is based off of this years upcoming VRS glove.

The Mojos and Foundation are available but definitely not in variety (color schemes are dull). Same goes with batting gloves. However, I can't compare whatthe pro's have with what is provided for the pros. I guess that is the reason why they are pro's.

I also noticed some college teams with some nice white/white batting gloves last year at the college world series.

Also how about Hanley Ramirez glove. Did a search and couldn't come up with a pic. I know last year he wore a sick nike glove, and it seems he was fond ofthe franklin batting gloves (which are great) so he continued to wear them this year.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work people at Easton. The color combinations are nice.

Just wrote a whole long response and then hit the wrong button...still getting used to posting on here.

Anyway, the variety of colors in the shoes comes down to a demand issue...as we build the brand the color options will hopefully grow as well.

For the batters gloves that you saw last year at the end of the college season those were based off of the white/white VRS gloves we are introducing this year(complete new look for our VRS series). As a matter of fact starting next week (possibly the week after) we will be having multiple sweepstakes on the websiteI gave earlier and one of the prizes will be those gloves customized with your name and/or number. You will get to choose from one of six different coloroptions for the gloves...here is what the white/white option looks like
59836596244aac288d57555788941135d0559d2d.pjpg
2b516b24a08d57831288df63a7fb3937c1cd58ef.pjpg

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

I thought this was a thread about PE cleats?
mad.gif

Lets bring it back

I'm on it...

(And thanks, Scarface. I appreciate all the info you Easton guys supplied us with, particularly all of the PE shots... great work there. But as you said,this is a footwear thread, so let's all please keep it to that.)

Carl Crawford 2K4 PE (and busting out of his straps)

Carlos Pena Easton Foundation PE (close-up shot of that, Scarface?)

Emil Brown 5-Tool A's PE

Jack Wilson old 5-Tool PE, Jason Bay Easton Mojo (both showcasing their cleats as well as the Pirates' futility)

Alex Gordon Shox Fuse PE (pretty nice... I'm hoping some higher-res shots turn up)

...and I posted these yesterday, but they got kinda lost in the shuffle during EastonFest, so I'm going to post them again:

New Daisuke Matsuzaka sig

Thanks for the Pena PE close-up, Scarface. Those are pretty slick.

This isn't cleat-related, but it's a pretty cool cover:

For what it's worth... Braun in Nike Diamond Trainers, Upton in adidas Microbounce '08, Tulowitzki in Nike Zoom Hayward, Ellsbury in Nike Max Moto,Buchholz in Reebok Big Papi Trainers, and Zimmerman in UA Proto Speed Trainers

A few opinion statements:

1. I have never liked the vector, but Papi's cleats are hot.

2. The trend of teams wearing color against color in SP games is disturbing.

3. I CANNOT stand the Batting Practice 3930 caps made by New Era.

4. It is a tie between San Diego and Tampa for the most boring, uninspired unis in baseball.

5. The Asics, shown above are pretty cool, however they seem a bit busy for me.

6. When you combine the red of the Cardinals and the pinstripes of the Yankees with thenatural green of outfield grass and the clear blue sky, the result ispure perfection.

Back
Top Bottom