** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

^ I just changed the thread name back to MLB Feet (and got rid of the NCAA part), but after seeing that, I guess I should've changed it to MLB /MPowers16's Local Softball League Feet.
laugh.gif

Anyways... Vazquez:

Which are strikingly similar to...

18745001_z.jpg

Even the heel counter and heel accents are spot on.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

^ I just changed the thread name back to MLB Feet (and got rid of the NCAA part), but after seeing that, I guess I should've changed it to MLB / MPowers16's Local Softball League Feet.
laugh.gif

Anyways... Vazquez:

Which are strikingly similar to...

18745001_z.jpg

Even the heel counter and heel accents are spot on.
In 1998, Nike made a basketball shoe called the Air Brake-U-Down Uptempo:
brand.jpg
72441862.jpg

They also made them in a black and white colorway that REALLy reminds me of that Verdero!

Another Nike hoops shoe that it reminds me of is the Nike Air Futuristic from 2001:
c8de_1.JPG

Why would they sell stirrups with team logos like this
MB700.gif

when the teams don't wear those?
The only team that still has a logo on the stirrups to my knowledge is the Phillies.
431668872_5b1f4cd3d7.jpg

Victorino has quietly worn VERY COOL PE's all season!

He obviously doen't get our attention like Rollins, Utley and Howard do, or even Moyer, with his stirrups.

Originally Posted by Nike God

Why would they sell stirrups with team logos like this
MB700.gif

when the teams don't wear those?
The only team that still has a logo on the stirrups to my knowledge is the Phillies.
431668872_5b1f4cd3d7.jpg
I have no idea, but I LOVE them.

The issue here is that most MLB players don't wear them anymore, because of the extended pants.

The last player that I can remember wearing logo stirrups was Kirby Puckett.

Now as asmatthews has reminded us, we"ll include some pics of cleats

puckett-walkoff.jpg

Kirby_Puckett_810_Photo2_mid.jpg

kirby.jpg

20060306aherodeparts.jpg

By the way, in the middle picture on the bottom row!the teammate of Kirby"s with his head tilted was
third baseman Scott Leius, who was a distant cousin of mine...Really distant, like mothers brothers roomates neighbor through marriage, twice removed distant!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

so are most guys here fans of the stirrup? I dig em...

I didnt't care for them growing up, I always kept them as close to the tops of my shoes as I could.

I always wondered why colored socks couldn't just be worn.

But now, I see the traditional value of them as a unique piece of sports apparel!

Paul O'Neill was the first person I ran remember wearing what appeared to be socks and not stirrups and I loved that look.

MPBElarge.gif

I don't care about stirrups, really. Sure, I guess they look kinda cool with throwback jerseys, but I'm not like some UniWatch posters who wantplayers flogged and hanged for not wearing stirrups anymore
eyes.gif

im not fan of the stirrup to wear or for others to wear. just doesnt look right to me with the new age cleats.

You can ony rock stirrups with All Black Cleats or Clippers. I rock high socks when I play for my high school I think it just looks better than the stirrups

Just my 2 cents

Did anybody notice that Jose Reyes was wearing Franklin batting gloves tonight, I didn't see what he was wearing for shoes. IMO franklin=best battinggloves ever.

Originally Posted by Javy12

Did anybody notice that Jose Reyes was wearing Franklin batting gloves tonight, I didn't see what he was wearing for shoes. IMO franklin=best batting gloves ever.

agreed
on another note im not a fan of stirrups, wayyy too old school, even with throwback unis

some low 4inch stirrups and black lowtops is a great look, but i also love wearing the pajama pants these days, when i was growing up they never made the baggypants.

i think both of these look great

g_hanleyramirez332x170.jpg

16895e7c-fa48-40c7-b13d-418b3e276e87.jpg

some kid on facebook made some nike air elite molded cleats...im dont know how i feel about them they look kind of wierd
de8369dd34cbf20ff50a4a25b8dbfc239d659fec.jpg

I know the all white Pujols were PS'ed up above but it looks like he was wearing an all white version last night vs the Brewers. Anyone have pics? I'mnot sure if thats the first time he wore them or not but they looked pretty nice. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom