** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

336518BW

Seeing these: (Nike Air Men's MVP PreGame Black/White Training Shoe) makes me wonder if Nike will be comming out with a Swingman Remix Training shoe. Doesanyone know ?

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

336518BW

Seeing these: (Nike Air Men's MVP PreGame Black/White Training Shoe) makes me wonder if Nike will be comming out with a Swingman Remix Training shoe. Does anyone know ?

As far as I can tell the answer is no. Here are the new pregames
336518PBW
336518PRW
336518BG
1097048BB
269625BW

Anyone know where i can get some low priced all white cleats for the upcoming season...i wear a 12.5

i would go for the Mizuno 9-Spike Classic G4 or adidas Excelsior 5 Low on eastbay. they are $50. how much were you looking to spend?

Originally Posted by PhaseSDMF17

Originally Posted by rbkguy

^^ those turfs are popular for pre-game workouts but you dont see them much in games now that most stadiums have gone away from the old short turf to the new field turf. They are tough to hit in. you slide around the box a little in them.

after a nasty quad injury this past season, I wore a pair of the Barry Sanders Zoom Turf's (which have a very similar outsole) for a good majority of the remainder of the season. At DH and 1B I found them to work very nicely while being a lot easier on my legs than spikes, so I can see how they would work for Floyd. I should also note that I have always been one to wear turf shoes in practice and BP, so hitting in them wasn't anything out of the ordinary to me.

I remember players like Jeff Conine ONLY wearing turfs to play in! However, every pic in Google has him wearing really cool Nikes like the 5-Tools, 2k4'sand 2k5's!

Originally Posted by BaseballCleats

where do you play that you have a DH i never heard such a thing except in the Majors and GBL.

every level of amateur baseball (high school, college, men's league) uses the DH

where do you play that you have a DH i never heard such a thing except in the Majors and GBL.

I currently coach division III college baseball - in the NCAA, a DH is allowed. You can however choose to let the pitcher hit for himself... according to theNCAA that pitcher then acts as two players for the remainder of the game (it's a weird rule... ). In the summers, I play in an amateur league because Istill enjoy playing (you could call it a semi-pro league, but I don't because thats a stupid description) the level of play is somewhat comparable to D2 orD3 collegiate baseball. The league uses American League rules.
Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

At the park down the street with his friends because I have never heard of a DH aside from pro-ball.

In texas high school ball you can have a dh for any position player

I believe the rules vary from state to state, I'm not 100% sure... I know that some areas in New Jersey use courtesy runner rules at all times (silly ruleto begin with) because I coached a catcher who had "never ran the bases before" No Joke!!

in leagues like that if you dont play the field and just hit, you arent a DH you just suck. All our pitchers hit

thats a pretty broad and general statement... maybe you should venture out a little more into the baseball world before making a comment like that??? maybeyour pitchers hit because your hitters arent very good?? I don't know, but it does sound like some people need to get out more before generalizing.

The DH is used in just about every baseball league nationwide. Who ever said that it isn't used is the one that is misinformed. High school, every level ofcollege in every conference, minor league ball (with the exception being AA and AAA affiliates of NL teams), and professionally... These all use the DH.

this DH discussion is boooorrrringgg...
time for someone to give me one of my favourite types of history lessons...(Powers, you got me searching after your Conine comment)

Top pic is of him in the Show Elite...I was lucky to find a pair of these a few months ago. The bottom 2 pics are closer to my generation...I didnt care foreither of them. Pic on left looks like a turf sole with cleats over top.

doogie24, I agree, enough of the DH talk!! Back to what this thread is supposed to be about. Those shoes on the right are the Air Franchise 3/4, I rememberSammy Sosa wore those in 1998 when he was chasing the HR record. It had heel and forefoot Zoom Air units in it.

Doogie, on the bottom left are the cleats that I was referring to and could not, for the leif of me, find pics of! Nice Work!

I live in New York, so I used to see Conine play for the O's against the Yankees quite often, making me think he always wore these.

I remember Jorge Posada was the first player to wear these in the preceding year's World Series!

I just got my pair of am mvp's. Absolutlely (pardon my spelling) AWFUL! Most uncomfortable shoe and I can't even fit my foot in it. They don't evenlook that nice. The tongue is attatched aswell. Don't buy them!

Originally Posted by zachATTACK0803

Well thanks because I was thinking about getting them. Does anyone have the Swingman's ?
I have a wider foot, but I can usually fit into narrow shoes. They also felt like it was plastic leather. Don't let my opinion hold you back.I think I' gonna try the hexmetals. The am mvp are also a lower cut than you think. But, they have a useless pad there to make it look like a high top

Back
Top Bottom