**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

Originally Posted by asmathews

so what do you guys think will be the jordan baseball cleat this year? possibly fusion IX?
i was initially thinking fusion V since Andruw Jones rocked them last year...they were starting to grow on me. thoughts?
also, anyone know what trainers CC is wearing in this pic?
89878786.jpg

I think CC is wearing Jordan Elements and they aren't turfs they're basketball shoes

Originally Posted by asmathews

so what do you guys think will be the jordan baseball cleat this year? possibly fusion IX?
i was initially thinking fusion V since Andruw Jones rocked them last year...they were starting to grow on me.
IX's would be nice.. I had the MCS IX's that released a few years back.. Some of my favorite baseball cleats ever. Pretty worn out now andtoo small.
smh.gif
I'd be happy with any of the J's some MLB players had been wearing the last few years - III's, IV's, V fusions, or these IXfusions. Unfortunately, I'd imagine none of these will be released.
ohwell.gif

Mariners BP
Ichiro and...Gri... Bill Hall...

Jordan XI Swingman's... full-length air unit!

Jr. spreading the love...

Bill Hall wore the Swingman Remixes all season when he was here with the Brewers. Unfortunately he forgot how to swing a bat along the way and we didn'tget to see much. He had some sweet PE's last year but never had any PE Remixes. Only Braun.

shane victorino wore the new huaraches tonight for the first time since July and slipped twice, once in the outfield and once coming out of the box. Grant itthat it was very wet but do you think that this has something to do with nikes new outsoles?

Originally Posted by sj thresher

are the mostly black colorways gonna be released?
Those are the Show Elites right? I was wondering the same thing... I love the simplicity...
88966060.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by sj thresher

are the mostly black colorways gonna be released?
Those are the Show Elites right? I was wondering the same thing... I love the simplicity...
88966060.jpg

i actually bought the black and navy blue pair off ebay for 12 bucks. the baggie they came in said "sample"

To be honest, I don't know why you guys care so much for batting gloves. They're meant to be tarred up and ripped up not showpieces. They get like aminute of show in the batters box, and then they hand them off to the first base coach, or are caked in dirt by head-first slides.

If it interests you that much... I have a whole collection of Little League batting gloves for you. Whatever, I'm just ranting.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

To be honest, I don't know why you guys care so much for batting gloves. They're meant to be tarred up and ripped up not showpieces. They get like a minute of show in the batters box, and then they hand them off to the first base coach, or are caked in dirt by head-first slides.

If it interests you that much... I have a whole collection of Little League batting gloves for you. Whatever, I'm just ranting.
Cleats arent meant to be showpieces either?

Originally Posted by 59FIFTY

To be honest, I don't know why you guys care so much for batting gloves. They're meant to be tarred up and ripped up not showpieces. They get like a minute of show in the batters box, and then they hand them off to the first base coach, or are caked in dirt by head-first slides.

i personally just think its fun seeing what my favorite players are wearing and the different colors they exclusively get. being a baseball player myself itear my gloves up in a hurry and wear the left one for catching so they get disgusting really quick so i wouldnt even want any of these super nice pairs thepros wear. but like myself, i think everyone in here just thinks its fun seeing what their favorite players wear and appreciate just how cool cleats/gloves canbe
laugh.gif

pokeyneil30 wrote:
but like myself, i think everyone in here just thinks its fun seeing what their favorite players wear and appreciate just how cool cleats/gloves can be
laugh.gif

To me, thats precisely the point of this thread...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

pokeyneil30 wrote:
but like myself, i think everyone in here just thinks its fun seeing what their favorite players wear and appreciate just how cool cleats/gloves can be
laugh.gif

To me, thats precisely the point of this thread...
wink.gif

That IS the point of this thread.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by coffey32

Bill Hall wore the Swingman Remixes all season when he was here with the Brewers. Unfortunately he forgot how to swing a bat along the way and we didn't get to see much. He had some sweet PE's last year but never had any PE Remixes. Only Braun.

and that is why i love being in wisconsin b.c i get to see them every night...

-Tyler

Nope. Watching baseball is to see how the batter handles a pitcher's toughest pitches, and how a pitcher pitches to the batter. If you'rewatching baseball games just to see their shoes, I seriously think you're missing out on the purpose of watching the game. When I used to play before Iquit this year, cleats and gloves were just tools. Bats were as well, but obviously the brand of the bat meant whether it was good or not (Easton Stealth'sare too good). But you beat them up and then toss them to the rack. The players just hand off their cleats to be cleaned, with the exception of Ichiro, whocleans his own stuff.

I'm just impartial to paying attention to what a player is wearing when their stuff gets dirty anyway. Basketball, yeah I can understand that, butbaseball, I've never felt like the footwear or batting gloves meant anything to how the game is played. Basketball shoes mean a lot to how comfortable youcan play, but I've always felt like baseball cleats always felt the same, Nike or Adidas, so it's one of those sports I bought the cheapest shoes for,because they're getting beaten up in the future, so might as well spend less for them anyway.

But whatever, %*!+ me, this is your guys' thread, so obviously no one will agree with me here. I'm done ranting, sorry to offend anyone.

Nope. Watching baseball is to see how the batter handles a pitcher's toughest pitches, and how a pitcher pitches to the batter. If you're watching baseball games just to see their shoes, I seriously think you're missing out on the purpose of watching the game. When I used to play before I quit this year, cleats and gloves were just tools. Bats were as well, but obviously the brand of the bat meant whether it was good or not (Easton Stealth's are too good). But you beat them up and then toss them to the rack. The players just hand off their cleats to be cleaned, with the exception of Ichiro, who cleans his own stuff.

I'm just impartial to paying attention to what a player is wearing when their stuff gets dirty anyway. Basketball, yeah I can understand that, but baseball, I've never felt like the footwear or batting gloves meant anything to how the game is played. Basketball shoes mean a lot to how comfortable you can play, but I've always felt like baseball cleats always felt the same, Nike or Adidas, so it's one of those sports I bought the cheapest shoes for, because they're getting beaten up in the future, so might as well spend less for them anyway.

But whatever, %*!+ me, this is your guys' thread, so obviously no one will agree with me here. I'm done ranting, sorry to offend anyone.

i see where your coming from, but i dont think anybody watches baseball JUST to see what people are wearing. i know i dont anyways. i love baseball (and itseems like you do too) and cleats are supposed to be in dirt and dirty, and thats how i treat them as a player but like we said, as fans, pro's exclusivecolors and stuff is fun to look it

^ why are you even on this thread then? You seem to have realized the fact that its a thread about different PE cleats and batting gloves, thus the posters onit would clearly be interested in all the different models and colorways. I just don't get why you would come here, say something that's neitherconstructive nor relevant, then go on some self serving rant about how it was "when you used to play". You obviously knew your post would fall ondeaf ears(eyes?) cause you said "obviously know one will agree with me here". I just don't understand what your point was. Are you just bored andtrying to kill time?

Also, cleats feel very different. I don't see how you can say basketball shoes feel different but cleats don't. Each company and model has a differentshape. There are different materials or structures used in the outsoles and other parts of the cleat. Theres the spike layout. High top vs. low top. There area ton of factors that can alter how a cleat feels while you're playing.

Also, idk about you, but I have this amazing ability to watch a baseball game and see all the baseball aspects of it AND appreciate the aesthetics likeuniforms, cleats, and batting gloves. Maybe I'm just special though..

Back
Top Bottom